• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

You can do it! :) it's so hard but once you get past the first few days it really does get easier. I mean, I know im still complaining a week in, but I do feel a million times better than I did at day 2 and 3. You'll start to feel more like yourself soon.

if u can get a hold of zofran, it'll help your tummy. I also hate the taste of Kratom but I either buy the Viva Zen brand drink, they aren't THAT bad... or the pre filled gel caps. The taste is minimal and it helps withdrawal a lot.

even grab a ginger ale or a Coke. I find that helps my tummy a lot.

im sending u a lot of good vibes!

Trevor be very careful with high doses of loperamide. It can cause fatal heart arrhythmia. When I'm in withdrawals I take 6-8mg twice a day along with kratom and I'm fine.

Sasha I would really love it if I could just get down to my prescribed dose. Today I didn't do as well at cutting down. I'm still below my normal average but I pushed way to hard to get work done and I just didn't have the will power to look away from that shiny and beautiful bottle of oxy. I won't take anymore today but I'm a bit disappointed in myself.

Thanks Sasha and gimlifer ! I appreciate your support! I know not to take more than 8 mgs Imodium every 8 hours. I found that crystallized ginger chips help with stomach issues you can find them in the baking aisle at the grocery store. I have to get off this crap! I wish I never started taking oxys....it was by script for a legit injury, then a surgery.......we have all heard similar stories....mine is no different. Of course I run outta my script 2 weeks early now. At 10mg 90 tabs a month. So I now have to search for pills of the street ....i know the dangers in that....dont know what u r really getting, paying goofy amounts of $ ....etc....this is no way to live. I won't take benzos, I got off all that crap two years ago....after being on them for years that withdrawal sucked.... I just need to man up and get over this horrible addiction. Love and Hope to you all.

Just wanted to check in and also welcome you Trevor. I should be day one-ing it today or so. Ugh. I hope I can make it through and not be hit with really bad pain days. I'll try to stop by later.

You mentioned trying suicide. I know a nice forum for support about that. Message me if you would like to hear about it.

Take care everyone. We aren't alone. Xo

Thanks a better way. I took my last 10mg oxy last night so I could get a few hours sleep. Needless to say I feel like crap this AM. Feeling withdrawals. I can't believe I am in the same place again. Praying that God helps me through this and hopefully my withdrawals won't be terrible. I know about Thomas recipe, etc....taking Imodium. Benadryl for sleep. Sleepy time tea. I feel so stupid, I need to kick this awful oxy addiction. The pills don't even work anymore. Peace , love, and healing to all my fellow addicts.

Don't feel stupid. I've beat myself up so much and you know what? That had literally NEVER HELPED ME accomplish anything other than wanting to take more lol. Pain is no joke. It's incredibly hard to cope with. Please, don't add self loathing to the mix. It's not necessary. Be kind to yourself as you would be to someone else.

I've only got a teeny bit of h left and have been scraping by on barely anything. Certainly not enough to help me with physical tasks. I'm hoping this lower dose will act as a taper would and reduce the level of wd. At this point if I can just not run into bad pain days and mitigate the part of wd that has your nervous system screaming ill be satisfied lol. Oy.

We got this, guys.

Post away, complain, scream, cry, vent, get it out. Lots of pain patients hanging round these parts ;) I am really happy with the way this thread is evolving.

My love to everyone. Including you, Sockseye!!! Xoxox

Hey ABW- good to see you here again! I hope things go well for you. I know how it feels to be in your shoes.
The Imodium I've been taking for wd sure helped. And of course lots of ibuprofen for pain, but that usually doesn't do a whole lot. I was hoping taking kratom would have more pain relief, but I only tried one variety.
I'm picking up my refill today and back I on the roller coaster I go ugh. It is my circus, they are my monkeys grr. I was just starting to feel like wd was getting less, but here we go again. I'm just not strong enough to deal with the pain.
I hope everyone has a good day!

Hi a better way! I hope you are having a good day. Hi sockseye, I can relate to picking up your refill and feeling like here we go again......i have a love/hate with refill days. Then I have to go to cvs and Hope the pharmacist who knows me is there.......otherwise it's a 50/50 chance they will fill it.......not sure why this is but this is how it goes down. I'll give them my script if my pharmacist is not there usually the other pharmacist will say oh we don't have that come back next week. I'll them go back the next day and my gut will be there and he fills it no problem....wtf? The other pharmacist said you don't have it till next week? Of course I never ask this cause I do not want to get black balled by the pharmacy.....ugh ! I am in south east Florida so this doent help.... So insane. So I am on day one last 10mg oxy was last night at 10PM. I took 4 Imodium before hand . Slept about give hours ... woke up wanting to call my dealer...so insane. I am just laying low today feeling like shit white knuckling it.
Love and Hope to my fellow addicts ! Thanks

Trevor, if you read back through this thread you will find several posts whew people, myself included, list supplements etc that help in withdrawal. I found last time high dose vitamin c did seem to hep me, though being chronically ill that might be why too.

Hey Socks!!!! Good to see you too , chica, as always.

Gmlifer, you always make great posts. I laughed out loud hard at the mushrooms "kicking wd right in the nuts" post lol.

Hang in there, Sasha. You're doing great.

How are you hanging in there, Rachella?

And LA, haven't heard from you in a minute, how are you?

Shroomy, I had read other posts by you and I hope you are feeling better by notre. Sounded rough as hell.

SK, if you're around, how are you?

Everyone here is kick ass and I am so grateful I found this place.

Will try to post more later. Running around a bit for a friend.

Be strong guys. This is hard. Don't hate yourself or beat yourself up.I do that too. I'm trying hard not to. This is legitimately, insanely difficult. Love yourself.

Xoxo Peace.

Hey a better way ! Hope you are having an omay day. Mine was pretty miserable. Ugh! I feel like such a wimp. Withdrawals aren't for sissies! Ha. The only thing that brings me some splice is my dog by my side .....he is a love . Love and Hope to all my fellow addicts out there.
I am curious has any ever had success with tapering of oxy ?
Peace

Thanks Trevor and abetterway!
im ok. Been dealing w a migraine for over a week. This is why burning through my meds is the worst. Nothing else helps me. You'd think I'd learn...

this is the start of week two being without oxycodone... I'm ok. Leaning on the kratom. I get a script at the end of the week. I won't be quitting this month or next... but at some point I will. My life is centered around when I'm "well enough"... aka not in withdrawal. So for half the month I can only do the minimum. Ridiculous. But I'm not ready to let go... sigh.

i hope you guys are doing ok. I hope everyone is. I keep saying it but it's important to remember you aren't alone... even when this feel so lonely and desperate. I mean, look at all the people on this one thread! It's amazing, the support here. :)

good vibes to you all!

Hey Sasha- I hope you can get some relief from that migraine! I hear ya about burning through the meds too fast. It seems like I never learn either. Even if I'm in wd half the month or more, my tolerance never goes back down. I just picked my refill up yesterday, and I'm plowing through it already. Ugh.
I agree on the hobby suggestion ABW. SKR that is so true. Even if it's something as simple as listening to music on my headphones, it seems to help take my mind off the pain. I have a lot of small projects I've started but feel like I'll never complete, but my favorite songs really take me away.
Thanks everyone for being here. This thread is very inspiring for me to read- it's been very beneficial to me on those bad days when I feel like I can't take any more pain.
XOXO Socks

Morning guys and gals. I hope you all are doing well. So far my efforts to cut down on dosage have yielded small returns. I noticed yesterday that I was high as could be without nodding and it still wasn't controlling the pain. This is not the norm. I also noticed that once I get high it sure is hard to control the urge to take more. Today I plan on taking less at a time. Instead of taking 20mg at a time I'm going to take 10mg plus 800mg ibuprofen. There has to be some happy medium where I get pain relief but stay sober enough to keep from getting carried away on daily usage.

Stay strong friends.

Hey gmlifer, good luck with your taper. I am the same way once I am high I just keep taking more. I guess that is the addict in us. I am on day 3 CT and I feel miserable.

Hey gmlifer, good luck with your taper. I am the same way once I am high I just keep taking more. I guess that is the addict in us. I am on day 3 CT and I feel miserable.

Are you taking any comfort meds? Do you have access to kratom or magic mushrooms?

Gmlifer, no I wish. I have been taking imodium, eating, drinking lots of water, vitamins. Thanks have a great day

Well I just spent money on drugs that I don't normally take, money that I didn't really have, because the combo just feels so damn good. I just can't defeat these stupid urges.

Gmlifer- those urges are the worst. I understand giving in to them. I use to call all the time to supplement my meds. I spent sooooo much money on drugs.... Its very hard to quit or taper or just change the way you take drugs ...when you have connections... . The only reason why I don't give in to them is I don't know anyone where I live, like that .... don't get me wrong, grateful for the break in drugs. During the second week (like now) I start to feel more normal and it's nice to remember this other "me"... (although my cravings are still kicking).... but if I had someone to call that I trusted (like I use to before I moved), forget it.
Ive always been able to get drugs my entire life. It's very weird for me not to have that option ... of course, I'm not including weed. That's in the stores! Sooooo awesome

Anyway... even in week two, I'd probably eat a pill if the ground if it even resembled an oxy. Ugh.

just be safe. You can always start over tomorrow if you're feeling randy and wanna cut down. :)