• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

How's withdrawal going?

I'm on day twoish to three. I had some shrooms laying around so I tripped for a bit to at least get my mind off of it but now I can't sleep!

Abetterway, I liked your post about supplements and things that can help last page. I am all about that.

I like chamomile, valerian (I get a strong liquid extract), and of course benzos to help... but also, I kind of become immune to benzos in withdrawal. I can take like 20mg xanax and barely feel it and still be anxious.

I like a little amphetamine just to get me out of bed, I know this isn't healthy but it helps me. Otherwise I just stare at the wall.

I like magnesium (muscle relaxer), potassium (I just eat lots of bananas, it's a good electrolyte), and B-vitamin complex for energy (as well as B-vitamins from some vegetarian yeast I get at the health food store).

I drink green tea, or any caffeinated beverage really (black coffee, yerba mate, guayusa, white tea, oolong tea) so I have all of these for the antioxidants and they are generally healthy and help with energy (but watch out for anxiety)

I take Inulin, a fiber supplement, that really helps clear out the bowels. I use this as an active user as well and I don't really deal with very much constipation despite heavy use. It's great, and pretty cheap. All the stimulants will help with this too (the teas), and so will muscle relaxers like the benzos (I find valium is ideal, or klonopin for opiate withdrawal... a fast acting one can have a nasty rebound effect, but also be very effective if you really need it).

I am a vegetarian so I have lots of fruit and vegetables, and I also always have protein powder on hand and either soy or almond milk. Also, kefir (a yummy kinda yogourt). It's good to have things that are easy to digest so that you'll actually be able to eat (that's why I love me a scoop of help protein powder or this vegan blend I've been using into my kefir).

I think avocados are good - see a lot of it for me is just healthy eating and figuring out what you can stomach, but keeping hydrated is so important. Drink sooo much water with freshy squeezed lemon. I'd recommend coconut water too as it is very refreshing. Also, I have to repeat myself, valerian kicks ass for sleep and for anxiety!!! It synergizes with benzos too in my experience (I'm on benzos too for an out of control panic disorder that is now doing okay). I try to keep my benzo use stable and as it normally is in withdrawal, since I'm already on them.

It's really important in my opinion to not just get sugar but make sure to get protein too, and also some healthy fats. I take scoops of fish oil and also organic flax seed oil for the EPA, DHA, omega 3's and 6's... I believe there are studies showing flax oil assists with depression - and yeah, yeah, I'm a vegetarian but I live by my own rules and I'll take a tablespoon of fish oil if I want it. I also have raw sushi-grade salmon once a month at most usually less often... I'm not a purist and I don't feel the need to conform to generalizations, but I do not ever eat meat anymore apart from that. But tablespoons of healthy oils like those really can't hurt!

Also maca root power for sure. Maca root powder is for the hormone problems. I know guys get this, not sure about girls but I've heard from a few friends they get it too. Our hormones are screwed from these drugs and you can lose your sex drive while using and it comes back rampant in withdrawal. The best thing to do is get yourself off actually as it truly helps by... well something to do with stimulating endorphins. I also find exercise while using very much cuts this problem back as I am a total horndog these days and I'm actively using unfortunately. Since exercise will stimulate testosterone (sorry if not all this is spot-on, I am a physicist not a biologist).

L-theanine is an amino acid that can help relax you. Theanine is found in certain green teas and is known to synergize with caffeine to created a relaxed, focussed state. So I definitely like the sound of theanine but don't have much experience with it.

5-htp I am iffy about. The body takes times and you need to be patient. I don't know about flooding the brain with serotonin but I'm curious if it helps others? There is also L-tryptophan but you need to get it prescribed where I'm from. It's one step away from 5-htp and is converted to it and the serotonin in the body, and I believe it has less side effects than 5-htp but produces less serotonin in the mind (although, in my opinion, it seems like a healthier choice and I got it prescribed for... I forget why, but I was dealing with a lot of anxiety as usual).

-Melatonin to sleep! Melatonin can really knock me out, but take it often and your body will stop making so much of its own.

-Milk thistle for a nice liver detox

I'm still actively using heroin, but it needs to stop or I at least need to cut way back. It's tough. I don't think now is my time, but in the near future I'll be tapering off for sure.

In terms of health problems, I have extreme chronic pain in my thoracic spine, BPD (borderline personality disorder... which is hell), panic disorder (a really, really nasty one), and I'm very depressed and can get suicidal at times. I suspect there are some other issues around but I don't really care. Heroin treats everything, which makes withdrawal fucking unbearable. I have a lot of emotional problems as well, and I have girl problems too (I'm really detached from the opposite sex and it hurts me... but I'm working on that and working hard).

-Yoga. I practice daily and I try to keep it up in withdrawal. It helps in a lot of different ways and also depending on the style of yoga. I'd recommend yin yoga as it's relaxing and restorative. I swear that's the only shit other than dope that keeps me semi-sane.

I like bananas I already mentioned this but they're easy to eat. And some hemp protein powder mixed with kefir or yogourt and there you go. A little health. I also like pineapple a lot and eat pineapple pretty much daily.

-Turmeric! How could I forget. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory so for pain issues it totally can help. It really helps my back. And... pineapple is great too, bodybuilders use it.

-Someone supportive to talk to about it. This is absolutely critical. Someone who will be there for you and help on a daily basis. Shoutout to my friend Laura! (she's not on BL). For example I haven't had any sex in several year now and after a few weeks of withdrawal, I started going fucking insane about it. I've already been dealing with this and talking it through with friends and I have a lot more confidence now in this regard - but, if you have any sort of problem you are hiding from, prepare for it to blow up in your face. It drove me insane that one time...

I'm actively using but I'm cutting back. I'm at least trying. The mental health problems are extreme and my life right now is SHIT. That doesn't have to do with the drugs. It's just such a shit life in so many ways, but I'm hanging in there.

Oh hell no I wrote a rely and deleted out somehow. Sry. Not in the mood. Day one and I'm just pissed off . Mourning not helping. Love and luck to you xoxox

Ugh an I ever gonna just get thru this????

Yes, you can. You are much stronger than you think.

Btw I will forever more swear by mushrooms to kick withdrawals right in the nuts. Made me feel a million times better.

Thank you. I'm soooo overwhelmed I just don't feel strong at all and he places never ending demands on me no matter what because he likes to sabotage. The implied violence keeps me. I've been hearing mushrooms are around lately but no luck yet, I wish :( How are you feeling? God I just want to start over. Everything. I can't stop mourning either, this just sucks. I don't feel strong one bit. There's so much I'd rather just go to sleep and not wake up.

My experiences in life tell me that once a women has her mind made up there is nothing that will change it. I'm sure you are no exception. Fight hard and get your life back. It's in you.

Please do :)

Sorry I've been quiet last few days. Struggling. Trying to let it go. Trying to stop.

I'll try to stop in later. Friday is my busiest day

Wishing you all luck and sending lots of love Xoxo

I just wanted to jump in and commend everyone for trying to quit.
I'm a chronic pain patient too. I use up my oxy script every 2 weeks and then have two weeks of withdrawal. I'm through the first week... I get my meds next Thurs. I know I'll need to quit eventually. Going through this every two weeks is nuts. I have a full time job that requires me to be mentally present and not in w/ds...so I always time my withdrawal to start on a Friday and then I at least have the weekend to get through the worst.
im still feeling like shit though.

If u guys don't mind, I have a question that may help those trying to quit, who are interested in a maintence med... as I might be although I know little about them.
for those of u on subs- how do u get them-- as in, from a pain management doc? Do you tell your doc you're abusing your meds? Man I'd hate to tell him. I'm not ready yet but when my husband and I think about quitting , I'd like to be able to suggest subs and understand what I'm talking about. I can't just "get them" to hold me over.... i don't have those types of contacts.

anyway I don't mean to hijack the thread. I thought maybe it related but I can start a new one.

i hope all of you are having a good day. I just took some Kratom and an waiting for it to work so I can feel like like crap. The worst is right when I'm starting to feel human, it's time to see the pain doc and get my script. So evil. I never thought I could love and hate something so much (Oxys, any opioids, myself....)

Last edited:
I feel you on that last part Sasha. Just when you get your energy and drive back it's time to go get that refill and I promise come hell or high water I WILL get to that pm doc. I have cut down significantly so far. Hopefully I can get down to my actual prescribed dose lol.

Sasha, please no worries about hijacking a thread, not at all. Welcome and I hope you stick around. I used to do the same thing but I'd supplement the rest of the month of the street and occasionally yes go through wd while working. Ugh that was a terrible cycle. And yes yes yes finally feeling human but then there's that refill.

It's very hard when you are in legitimate, life altering pain to not take as much as you need to just make it STOP. it's very hard. Don't beat yourself up. Pain is real, and its very hard to cope with daily.

I will try to stop in a bit later again. Just finished grocery shopping which was a joy since I'm literally getting by on hardly any opiates

I will go through wd again but out should be far less serve.

It's hard.

Nice to see you too gmlifer :)

Ttyl guys, I'm beat right now lol. Oy.

Take good care Xoxo Peace.

I'm at the 24 hour mark now guys, my belly is very upset :( this is getting tough, I really need some positive words now, this is my dark secret :(

I'm at the 24 hour mark now guys, my belly is very upset :( this is getting tough, I really need some positive words now, this is my dark secret :(

You can do this. Try to think positive thoughts. Can you get some loperamide or kratom?

Hiya gmlifer :) I can't stand the taste yuk!!! I have lyrica & fentanyl patches which I'm gonna suck on just for 3-4 days to get me past the physical withdrawals, does anyone think it's a good idea? Just popped 2mg of xanax coz its 4:34{am here & I'm fucking knackered, but can't sleep :(

Hiya gmlifer :) I can't stand the taste yuk!!! I have lyrica & fentanyl patches which I'm gonna suck on just for 3-4 days to get me past the physical withdrawals, does anyone think it's a good idea? Just popped 2mg of xanax coz its 4:34{am here & I'm fucking knackered, but can't sleep :(

What is your daily H usage? I would steer clear of fentanyl just to try to protect or even decrease your tolerance to H. I should ask, are you trying to quit for good or just hanging in there until you can get more?

^^good question.

Hang in there, love. We know how hard it is. You aren't alone
Xo

I feel you on that last part Sasha. Just when you get your energy and drive back it's time to go get that refill and I promise come hell or high water I WILL get to that pm doc. I have cut down significantly so far. Hopefully I can get down to my actual prescribed dose lol.

Right? I always feel like such a douchebag... but I can't say no to 120 15mg Oxy IRs! And it's covered by insurance so it's cheap as shit. I was on 20mg but my doc dropped me. That 5mg makes a big difference. My husband gets the 20mg still... im
soooo jealous.
i use to get 180 20mg oxy IR... that's a crazy amount of drugs. I know it's better where im at now but still... it's so hard. I wish I could control myself. I hate being in withdrawal and all the things I still have to do while being a wreck.

Big congrats or cutting down on your dose! That's major. If I could even get CLOSE to my prescribed dose, I'd be thrilled. Like, one week if withdrawal instead of two or 2.5 sounds like a dream.

keep at it! Im rooting for u. I know how hard it is. Are u eventually trying to quit or are you trying too see if u can stay within your prescribed dosing?

Sasha, please no worries about hijacking a thread, not at all. Welcome and I hope you stick around. I used to do the same thing but I'd supplement the rest of the month of the street and occasionally yes go through wd while working. Ugh that was a terrible cycle. And yes yes yes finally feeling human but then there's that refill.

It's very hard when you are in legitimate, life altering pain to not take as much as you need to just make it STOP. it's very hard. Don't beat yourself up. Pain is real, and its very hard to cope with daily.

I will try to stop in a bit later again. Just finished grocery shopping which was a joy since I'm literally getting by on hardly any opiates

I will go through wd again but out should be far less serve.

It's hard.

Nice to see you too gmlifer :)

Ttyl guys, I'm beat right now lol. Oy.

Take good care Xoxo Peace.

Thanks abetterway :)
i hope you're doing ok today.

i slept terribly and I've had a migraine for 6 days that I can't get rid of. And I'm out of my benzos and almost out of my muscle relaxers... sleep is going to be an issue until I get a script at the end of the week... ugh.

oh I'd supplement with anything else if I had access. I guess it's good that went I moved cities, I lost my connections and never got any back. I'd probably be even worse off than I am now.

i had awful drug dreams all night about being in rehab but finding Coke and benzos everywhere. Somehow a sabertooth tiger made its way into the dream, to obviously im all kinds of crazy. Blah.

anywsy I just wanted to say hi. I hope you and everyone else here is having a good Saturday. To those in the middle of withdrawal, I'm right there with u. It sucks but you aren't alone. I hate that lonely feeling that always seems to come with withdrawal. I'm always at the brink of tears.

Hey all! I am going through oxy withdrawals once again.....i have been taking oxy for about four years now and it is ruining my life and family. I want and need to stop for good. I wish everyone on BL the best of luck. I will not go on suboxone again, I tried it last year and tried suicide. I guess I will start the heavy dosing of Imodium, I tried that in the past and it did seem to help. I just saw a post on BL about the benefits and it reminded me. Well, here goes nothing! Be safe !