• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

Shroomy, that's awesome! I know you can do it! And I know you we're in a bad place, and I'm really glad you got stuff in you enough to feel normal again. I don't judge your drug of choice; just want to support you in your goals, but those have changed from time to time. I think you'll be the happiest with a taper down to a small, consistent dose.

I'm trying to taper my oxymorphone, STILL. I am down from 45 mg plus 30 mg of oxycodone to 40 mg of oxymorphone. It's small, but consistent. In a few weeks, I'm going to switch back to just oxycodone, because for some reason, I nevran out of those, and I never abused them . Oh right; I never ENJOYED taking them. That's why the WHY I'm taking is so key, which you pointed out.

And someone said this earlier which I found to be true; while I was running out two weeks ago, I was down to about 15 mg a day, and I noticed that my back barely hurt! Am I seriously taking more and then just feeling more pain? Ugh.

Hey Shroomy! Good luck with your taper. Sending positive energy your way ! ABW, hope your withdrawals are under control. I am still using . Stopping tonight. Stay Well and safe everyone. We all deserve better. ?

Hey Sasha! Thanks for the honest post......i am kinda in the same boat ....i want to quit but feel I am unable to do so on my own. Has anyone had good luck with detox in a hospital setting?
Wishing everyone strength. Trevor

ABW that was a good post, it seemed kinda morbid for a tiny bit but was able to find strength by the end, but what's the addiction and recovery story.... there are so many more important things to life than being stuck in the same circle of addiction. I hope all goes well for you..

Herion does not help any of us get through the day, and the perception of it doing so is the issue... it makes you beleive you need it to function and through physical withdrawal makes it true. But if not addicted that would not be true anymore so it's a case caused by the drug, not helped. Every addict ever has said at one point that it helps them get through the day and even function better. That's just one of the lies that we totally beleive while in addiction that could not be farther from the truth. We tell ourselves all tyes of crap and lies and rationalize everything into making a it ok in our own minds. These lies and rationalizations are so powerful that we actually even come to believe them whole heartedly, and don't even question or doubt it anymore. We lie to ourselves... and anything you think it's helping with that you think nothing else could, I guarantee you there are better ways of dealing with certain things than using, and most the things it's supposedly helping with don't actually need anything to be helped besides not using at all

The first thing we must get past is actually admitting the hold our addiction
has over us and realize the lies. Realizing these lies can be a difficult task sometimes, because we have buried them so deep with so much bullshit on top of them to make us be able to live with them that it can take alot of digging to reach the bottom. We have put ourselves in a prepeptual state of total denial. So to admitting this things is one big hurdle that must be tackled..

Good luck everyone, hope you all reach a good place and your goals

Wow, thanks for all the support! I'm going to make sure not take take a "high" dose today. I'll have my relief and I got twice as much, just had to sacrifice my cell phone for a while lol... such a total junkie move.

I can't taper with anything but heroin, for one, I don't have the money. I plan on eventually switching back to my oxy script and just taking it as prescribed for chronic pain. If I get my tolerance low enough, that should totally be enough of a hit for me. It's just not right now...

So, I get my fix every 8 hours. Eventually soon enough I will switch to twice a day, at 12 hours to further distance myself from the fiend aspect. That's exactly what I did with my oxy taper. This is so much better because I can measure out my doses so accurately with a milligram scale and slowly do maybe a 10% cut every week, without having to worry about money. I have enough that if I keep dropping my dose then a gram could last 3 weeks easily.

I just have to stick to 20 milligram dosing today. It's critical that I do that. Otherwise, I'll find myself railing 60mg hits very quickly, and I've had a long break. I need to take advantage of that and realize that after so long, 20 milligrams is going to be really satisfying anyway even if it looks small. I just took subs yesterday so I have to wait it out, but I got a great sleep.

I didn't mean to talk about the purity of my dope like that or to be triggering. Someone asked me what heroin #4 was like, if it was a tan powder. Well no, mine doesn't come like that it is the best you can get up here. And being deprived completely for 5 days like what do you expect me to say? It's just a brown powder nothin special... yeah right... I was already fantasizing about my first line when the question was asked. So, sorry if I offended anyone and also, I have borderline personality disorder and if I sense any sort of perceived criticism (like I did when I mentioned needles) I just retaliate by threatening s*****e and shit like that and saying that I will do it anyway. Keep in mind that I don't actually shoot up. I did once. I don't plan on doing it ever again, but if my tolerance gets back up to 3 times what it is now again, I can easily see myself going that route. Even more important of a reason to keep on track today. So long as my tolerance is low and the dope is affordable, I don't give a fuck about shooting it. If anything the fast onset would probably give me a panic attack considering how severe my panic disorder is.

Also just keep in mind I am not myself when I go cold turkey. I freak out, get s****** thoughts (I just don't even want to say it), I can't eat or drink or take care of myself or exercise or play guitar or apply for jobs and I am fucking miserable. I just sit and wait until I get more to reactivate my fried, dead brain. That's why I'd rather just exercise self control and taper my dose all the way down to zero and switch to oxy's again. Because I can actually remain functional then, and I have a lot going on. I have a few job prospects that are really important and I can't just fuck off and be sick. At day 6, even with sniffing 6mg suboxone less than 12 hours ago I am sick right now. I remain sick for 2 or 3 weeks and to be honest I have never gotten better. I took my oxy taper too fast and my condition worsened constantly into 3 months, at which point I was sick of abusing benzos when I couldn't even feel them anyway and the insomnia was so bad I was seeing shit. So I got back on dope realizing I took it way too fast and my body couldn't handle it. The withdrawal was so bad that time, that I literally sat on a couch for 3 weeks, only getting up for the bare necessities. My friend Laura helped talk me through it. That was a horrific time of my life. The withdrawal from oxycodone was just as bad if not worse in my opinion, it just hit so fast and hard in comparison I felt. Heroin withdrawal is slower, and leaves me depressed as fuck for such a long time. One time, it took me 6 months to have any energy at all, even switching back to reasonable doses of oxy. That was after a 6 month binge on the best heroin in the universe though (pretty much) which was real china white straight from the source.

I think that so long as I maintain self control, and so long as I have this same connection which always has the exact same purity H, I will be able to do this no problem. After these days I'll be happy to get teeny little hits. haha. It was seriously hell so whatever I said during that time I'm just personally completely disregarding. I'm not myself at all in cold turkey like that. I am hysteric and lash out at everyone.

^^'re: junkie move, I had been rearranging my bill paying like a maniac. It was a lot of work, actually. Constantly budgeting and rebudgeting and moving around dates to pay so nothing was paid *too* late but man was I cutting it close at times. Stressful. Even though I slipped up, I haven't been doing CLOSE to add much and it has been so nice not to be CONSTANTLY doing math...

Edit. Yes, stick to your taper, Shroomy. You have the quantity now to do so smoothly. If you feel the urge to fuck up the dosing schedule and just go crazy with it, come talk to people. They can help you refocus, and see the long term benefit is better than the short term "fun". Because really, how fun in that short term "fun" if it sets you up for massive suffering later on? It's just not worth it. I know for me - and I've heard others here express similar sentiments - that once high or fulfilled or saturated, it seems to be easier to give yourself permission to do more. So be mindful of that. Once you are used to a lesser routine, you're used to it. Like I've not been doing shit lately compared to before, and I'm used to it. Previously, what I do in an entire day now would have BARELY gotten me going in the morning.

Thank you for understanding that certain things are triggering to those who ate trying to quit, taper, put better harm reduction practices unto place for themselves etc.

You don't need to be QUITTING RIGHT NOW to post in here. It's really about the struggle where it is overtaking your life, ruining things, causing more pain and struggle and suffering than anything else. It's about supporting each other in our attempts, whether it's getting completely clean, tapering to a more reasonable dose, tapering for financial reasons, or tobsee if the pain still warrants that much of a dose etc, or trying to put better harm reduction practices into place, or trying to make a script last, etc.

It makes me very happy that people feel comfortable talking openly here, with consideration for others in mind.

And if there's an issue anyone is fighting that isn't really in harmony with the vibe or energy here, start a thread, and I'm sue many from here will stop by there as well, and give support. We all know that this game is a hard one. Regardless of your circumstances or how good or bad one seemingly has it.

I just want EVERYONE to be comfortable here. <3 To be able to extract strength and hope and support from here. :)

Well, day one here. Enough of this crap. I'm doing this. Will suck because off course he's off this weekend, which will be days two and three, but then he's off all next week. Grrr. Oh well.it is what it is, right?

I will make it through even if it's hardbecause I don't have a choice, if I want to get out of here. The constant money juggling is too time consuming. I never neglected to pay anything, but I really pushed things to the last minute and that was hard.

Sunday, day 3, will also be one year that my ex took his own life. God that sucks. Ugh. I just can't quite get that that's real. I get it but I don't. I keep thinking, almost, like once things settle down it will be ok and I can soothe him.

He was around me several times, I know this. Once, in front of my husband even, my dog stared intently at *something* and let out a long, low growl, hair standing up along her spine.... I knew she saw him. I waved my hand through where she was staring and asked, Is it here, baby? And with that, whatever she was staring at moved from my side, to the ceiling, her eyes following it up. Twice actually, she growled at *something* I could feel but not see. That was comforting. I miss him.

Who else ifs going to have the best weekend ever? Lol. We got this guys. We got this.

I can't thank everyone enough for their kindness and understanding. Thanks for even putting up with me through my vileviolentwords towards him. My god I'm not usually that awful. It takes a lot. I want to delete it but I'm not going to, because I always gloss over when I feel that awful., and I go right back to passive and peaceful. I need to remember that he makes me feel that toxic and pushes me like no other part my ability to contain my anger. I need touseit as fuel to get away. I t despise being in that state of mind. I aabhor vviolence at this point in my life. I nneed to remember that he makes me feel that way, not brush it under the rug once he's sober and not having that look in his eyes like he's a nanosecond away from beating me to death. God that look. I hate it.

I'm going to win.

Be well. Xoxox much love <3

Last edited:
Oh, and Shroomy, it is good that you go back and edit your posts to add things, that's ideally what they'd like us to do when appropriate.

But I know I get lost sometimes with several edits. Perhaps you could do something similar to me, I write "edit" when I add something in. It's usually at the end so no worries about clarifying where my edit ends, but when its in the middle of a post I usually do something to indicate when the edit is over and the original post continues.

Just figured it would be easier to keep sorted that way, up to you if you follow that suggestion.

Peace.

You will Win ABW! I am actually on my way to the hospital to hope they will help me detox. It's pay for play.....as they say so I see no reason. My Partner just tossed me out ......since I came home from breakfast drunk and high.....i can blame him. I have put him through so much shit. I just can't CT or tapper at home. IDK why but I always relapse by day 5 or 6 .......
Here goes nothing. !
Best to all.

Oh I am the chronic editor lol. So annoying I bet.

: ) that is all I will say. Today is a wonderful day, just to be back on track with my dosing schedule. I'll make sure to bring it up if I'm struggling with self control, but I'm just happy to have something. Something. Just a little bit. Is it ever a relief. What a godawful week, but today... today... today is a beautiful day. I'm still going to watch myself though. I need to be tapering down and must keep this in mind or the same thing will happen again. That's what I have to think about if I ever want to do more than I allocate to myself. How fucking miserable this week was and how out of control I was with my emotions.

^^and everyone is pulling for you and rooting for you. I know that with Borderline it can feel easily like you are being attacked or ganged up on. But what I really saw were people who were very concerned, and then frustrated, but still wanting very, very much for you to be safe and happy and healthy and well. Who saw unhealthy rants as indicationsthatyou needed to be pulled down to earth so you would be ok and safe.

You hhave said i don't make you feel attacked or judged, and I'm grateful for that. This is because I've always had a knack for understanding people, and furthermore, how to speak their language. It's not that anything I have to say is so different from them. Perhaps it's the wording, that's all.

I'm not trying to attack you or guilt you or anything negative; I'm just saying, I hope you can see how much everyone really does care for your well being.

My message is a positive one, meant to reassure you that your aren't hated or judged,, but in fact loved.

Supported. Heard.

I think everyone wanted to see you open your eyes in the sense that you can do this, you can take back some happinessandcontrol, and I know for me personally - I can't speak for them, here - that I want you to understand that BPD has a great prognosis with some work on the self. This is because BPD is usually, to the best of my understanding, something that is a response, something that is learned, it is not something inherently within you that is just firm and immovable and hopeless.

Part of BPD is easily feeling attacked, and easily letting your emotions gain full control off you, even when that's detrimental to you. To take things very deeply and personally. It's because you learned certain things by the ways you were treated. I know a bit about Cluster B issues. I have experienced narcissistic abuse. I'm not sure I would have been totally diagnosed with BPD when younger, as I've always been painfully self aware even when I'm being a shit lol. But I definitely had some touches of Cluster B crap going on. It's a response, to being treated in a very specific way, being gaslit constantly, having your perception twisted and distorted by someone who preys on your childhood youth and inexperience and your trust . Then making you doubt your own perception, making you not ever trust what you think, see, hear, etc. It really fucks a person up, I know. Because it's traumatic, and its a slow drip kind of thing. Like water torture. Drip drip drip and it slowly erodes your sense of self and who you even are. You don't know anymore after a while. You've been conditioned that every thought you have is wrong, yuppie perceptions are wrong, when you think something is bad or wrong you're wrong about that too... That kind of abuse really can leave a person empty, confused, and very emotional because they've been violated over a long period of time, and often no one on the outside would ever guess, as narcissistic abusers are pros at putting on that Good Samaritan Public Do Gooder face. This makes getting help very hard when young, as you are often dismissed, worse, told how obnoxious you are and how ungrateful. And that's so messed up.

Anyway, there is hope. With others who care about you and have your best interests and your well being and your safety in mind, you can begin to kind of bounce things between you, see where your perceptions are right and distorted, see that you can trust SOME people in SOME ways, as no one is prefect and they have their own short comings and your definition of perfect love or friendship may be idealized to wrap around a perfect person that doesn't exist in reality because we have all beenfuckedup lol

Anyway, ddon't give up. YYou are cared for and you got this. :)

You will Win ABW! I am actually on my way to the hospital to hope they will help me detox. It's pay for play.....as they say so I see no reason. My Partner just tossed me out ......since I came home from breakfast drunk and high.....i can blame him. I have put him through so much shit. I just can't CT or tapper at home. IDK why but I always relapse by day 5 or 6 .......
Here goes nothing. !
Best to all.
Oh, my dear, I'm praying for you hard and sending you lots of love and strength and endurance! I hope you get lots of help and are made COMFORTABLE. Please keep us updated on how things are. I'm so sorry to hear you were tossed out :( I'm so worried about you! Are you ok? How are you mentally and emotionally, hon? I'm here for you, we are all here for you.

And I'm on day 1 right now! We will do it together :) Everything is gonna be ok, love, we are strong and smart and we can do this!

I tend to grow highly impatient and relapse shortly in myself, I understand. I have no patience for feeling so weak and crappy andunmotivated. It's hard. But in the past, when I've worked EXTREMELY HARD at getting my mind and my thoughts to a healthier place, I won't say that's made things a piece of cake or anything but it helped. So don't focus on being tossed out etc, just put that to the back of your mind for the moment, tucked away, and focus selfishly on you. It's not actually selfish to focus on yourself when things are so important and difficult, but I think a lot of people here in addition to you and me have a real problem and aversion to putting ourselves first, even when we really really need to. So you do what you need to do for yourself and for the moment, don't worry about anyone else. Just get through it.

Think about why you relapse at that point and try to think of ways to thwart that danger. I know, I do the same thing.... I guess for me it's impatience at feeling so crappy (from being so sick and so hopelessly sick in the past, I've really developed a straight up PHOBIA of feeling that bad physically, mentally not helpful either....that always follows when I feel awful physically....I panic), and fear that I will never feel better (it's hard to remind myself it will pass, when so many times in the past I've hoped a new symptom would pass and it didn't...).

But I've got to stand my ground and get this done. It will happen one day whether I like it or not, right? I might as well have some control in the outcome, lest I allow life to choose for me by default.

Post away hon and I'm here for you! Right beside you, going through it with you! The way out is through!

Sending you live and serenity and determination and stamina, be well my dear,. And be proud :) This is hard. Don't let others who don't get it make you feel bad

"Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Let's hope they never find themselves in this kind of pain.

Peace. Xoxox

losangeles1993, how's it going, baby? I'm on day one. Trevor is about to go through it with me, too. If you want to join us, you are very welcome to.

Please know that if you decide not to, neither of us, and no one here in fact, will judge you. I know your circumstances are tough.

You are tougher.
You have so much to live and fight for, abbeautiful child, and a woman you adore. Family doesn't always know how to handle crisis and can make it worse whether knowingly or not, whether our of ignorance or being unconscious to another's pain. They try the best they know how, which unfortunately isn't always our ideal idea of how love and support should go.

It's shitty, but it doesn't mean they don't care, and it doesn't mean they wouldn't be devastated should something happen to you, God forbid.

But don't focus on them, as this has to be done for YOU. And I believe in you, and I believe you have a great head on your shoulders, and that you have everything it takes to tough this out and reach your goals and get your little family together, your child and your woman. She has expressed feelings for you, but concern about your path. She is a smart girl.

And you are smart, too. You know what you need to do, and when you are ready, we are all here for you.

Ok? Take good care of yourself, and think positive thoughts. Don't let negativity win the day. It's all lies. Lies lies lies. You got this. I'm cheering for you :)

Lots of love and hope!
Xoxox

losangeles1993, how's it going, baby? I'm on day one. Trevor is about to go through it with me, too. If you want to join us, you are very welcome to.

Please know that if you decide not to, neither of us, and no one here in fact, will judge you. I know your circumstances are tough.

You are tougher.
You have so much to live and fight for, abbeautiful child, and a woman you adore. Family doesn't always know how to handle crisis and can make it worse whether knowingly or not, whether our of ignorance or being unconscious to another's pain. They try the best they know how, which unfortunately isn't always our ideal idea of how love and support should go.

It's shitty, but it doesn't mean they don't care, and it doesn't mean they wouldn't be devastated should something happen to you, God forbid.

But don't focus on them, as this has to be done for YOU. And I believe in you, and I believe you have a great head on your shoulders, and that you have everything it takes to tough this out and reach your goals and get your little family together, your child and your woman. She has expressed feelings for you, but concern about your path. She is a smart girl.

And you are smart, too. You know what you need to do, and when you are ready, we are all here for you.

Ok? Take good care of yourself, and think positive thoughts. Don't let negativity win the day. It's all lies. Lies lies lies. You got this. I'm cheering for you :)

Lots of love and hope!
Xoxox

You two (or three) should start a group recovery type journal thread (SL is a good place for that ;)). Love your positive attitude with this ABW. It will help take you far!

You explained it precisely. You really did. I had it when I was younger, but never this bad. It was getting worse and worse and worse until it was recognized for what it is. I know exactly who did this to me as well. There is absolutely no question about who the narcissistic abuser was, and how good they are at hiding it. I immediately knew. My identity was so lost, that I forgot I was an engineer. I had an engineering degree, and just didn't do anything because this person brought me down, made me feel like such fucking garbage about myself, that I was constantly under extreme stress and just wanted to be left alone. I ran away and even still now I feel that everyone is out to get me.

Thanks so much that really meant a lot to me because you actually completely get it. I just don't like being told what to do, like in command language. I respond by doing the opposite or making threats and shit like that, because I already know shit like shooting up would be the death of me. It's all a matter of language, I know you're saying the same things but you are sort of suggesting them as alternatives instead of telling me I have it wrong or commanding me not to do something. Fuck that shit.

I have some good job prospects right now, it is exciting. And exactly - I never even thought anything was wrong when I was younger. All my friends would tell me nothing was wrong with me, and I don't think that there ever was for a while. But this person oh did she ever make me feel like a fucking worthless piece of trash. An engineering student at a top Canadian university getting straight A's, but nothing was ever the fuck good enough. I was always wrong, no matter what I did. Obnoxious and ungrateful. The fucking idiot! I see the same thing happening to my little bro and it's sad. I can't do anything to stop it but try and support him as best I can.

Thanks for clearing that up I thought everyone just hated me and thought I was a fucking dumbass without seeing the reasoning of the addict, which is logical through the eyes of an addict. I am going to keep tapering off, because I'm too unstable to do it any other way. I like keeping my journal and once I get in the habit of it, it's like making breakfast. Just something I don't even really think about. But, I keep getting disrupted by cold turkey which just is not good for me at all. I wasted an entire week but luckily someone who cares about me hooked me up with some job prospects in my field.

The narcissistic abuser ruined my birthday too. They are still at it. Stood up in a fancy restaurant, called me and my little bro out on something random we agreed on, had her say very loudly, disturbed the whole fucking restaurant, stormed out and the rest of the family followed. It was fucked. I was left there sitting alone at the dinner table feeling fucking humiliated. I say there drinking coffee before I even had the emotional capability of driving myself home. It was devastating to me.

Yet, nobody understands that there is something seriously wrong with this individual. Everyone stands by her side, like that was okay to do on my one night of the year. "Oh, she was just upset". The fuck right she was just upset, that is completely out of line with the acceptable social behaviours of society. I was really high on heroin just having a great heart to heart conversation with my little bro and then within the blink of an eye I was sitting there alone. It's completely fucked up when it's your own parent who fucking destroys you. She is still at it, I'm not sure if it is best to just run away and get her the fuck out of my life. I believe strongly that my past girlfriend was a narcissist as well. But that part, I have no proof of, I just highly suspect. She continued to make me feel like complete and utter garbage filth about myself. I've just decided to get toxic people out of my life no matter who they are, because they really have a negative impact on my energy.

^^ there's a really great guy on YouTube named Richard Grannon (Channel: Spartan Life Coach) who talks extensively about enduring narcissistic abuse and overcoming it. I will warn you, he doesn't always have the kindest words for how a Borderline individual may make others feel; however, I've heard him acknowledge that he's engaged in some Borderline type behaviors in the past, due to his treatment, and that once in a blue moon he will catch himself falling into less-than-ideal patterns which he works to pull himself out of.

I enjoy him because he doesn't have a superiority trip going on despite how insightful he is; he talks like a regular, imperfect human being; he doesn't try to claim or act like he has all the answers; he will from time to time post a video just explaining where his current beliefs are at within him and in comparison to the DSM of mental health disorders (i appreciate this because he incorporates newly learned things into his thoughts and opinions instead of assuming his once-over conclusions will forever be 100% correct. He's open minded and will evolve his views as he goes along this journey, so not arrogant). He will tease himself even, he's just easy to relate to because he doesn't talk in academic jargon, he makes it human, he's not full of himself, and he's genuinely, in my opinion, happy to help others as much as he can. Good people,he is

Look hhim up on YouTube, Richard Grannon, Spartan Life Coach. He originated as more of a martial arts thing, incorporating physical and mental fitness; but according to him, his channel just naturally, organically evolved to what it currently is. And that's another reason I think I find him so easy to listen to, understand, relate to, and appreciate - because he had no preconceived notions, really, no goal of this, it just evolved into a channel focusing on narcissistic abuse and its effects and consequences, and most importantly, GREAT TIPS, INSIGHT, AND ADVICE ON OVERCOMING that sort of unique devastation.

I know. I've been there. And even though I've always been a good people reader, I still got sucked in and lost myself. I didn't understand that at the time, I just felt very confused, of balance, like nothing was right, like many intuition was trying to scream something to me but I couldn't quite hear it....

I hear it now. It was saying, this is BULLSHIT, they are a liar, you know what's right, trust your gut, trust your conscience, don't listen to them, they are tearing you apart and shattering you into fragments that don't know they've been shattered apart.

Once you are very conscious of this crap, to the point where you can just observe it happening rather than get pulled into it and be victimized emotionally, helping them make YOU look like the crazy one (don't get me started on THAT shit....omg.....so wrong), you begin to heal and move on. Evolve. Your defences drop. You see things more clearly. You begin to trust your perception and sense of right and wrong. You see the abuser for the pathetic worm they are, rather than some all powerful monster that had the ability to destroy you with a tantrum and some insults. You begin to think they are just weak and lame and its so clear that they are wrong and you have been tricked out off your sense of self so they can feel better, powerful, by more or less collecting souls to rule over. Oddly, ironically, without you, without the ability to feed off of you, they are nothing. Powerless. Weak. Lost. Frantic. Panicked. Desperate. Ironic, huh? All this time, or felt like they were so big and bad even though at first, in youth, you may not have tangibly, concretely understood WHY they feel that way when they are so "nice" and "always concerned for you" and "trying to help you for your own good" and they only blast you when you have "really hurt their feelings" or "are so ungrateful and don't care about all their hard work for you" and, though they will do anything to hide this from being too obvious, they will also blast you and knock you down several pegs when they feel threatened by your autonomy, by your confidence, by your resolve, by your positivity, by your certainly in an opinion you have, by your good and decent morals (yes, they will find a way to twist things so that you aren't good and kind, you're just ::fill in blank with you somehow getting something evil out of begging a good person, selfishly benefiting yourself:: though its a lie on their part...). And it goes on and on.

Basically any time you try to do good or right by yourself, they will attack and knock you down a peg. When younger and/or unconscious to this pattern and what's fueling it and them, you may get the idea that you are stupid and your "sappy" ideas are dumb instead of sweet, and your morals are you being selfish and trying to come off as better than everyone else etc etc etc. My god they are ruthless at literally tearing you down piece by piece, until you have no idea which way is up or down, left or right,wwhat's right or wrong.

It's up to you to rebuild yourself and learn to trust your instinct and gut and learn to distinguish whether what someone is saying to you putt of apparent concern is truly out of concern and a legit point; or, if you are being manipulated by a narcissistic type that had the end goal in mind of crushing your spirit, making you empty and confused, and then filing you back up with their twisted rhetoric for their own gain, to have their own minion, slave, and thing to feel powerful about.

They aren't shit without someone to control and dick over.

They aren't shit WITH that. They are cowards. I understand they probably had things bad themself to turn out that way, but like YOU have a choice and you can choose to unlearn that bullshit, and choose peace and kindness, and escape the cycle of abuse and start your own very different pattern in life, and get over the ego enough that the bad things you endured don't cause you to lash out at others abusively, so can they.

Most who get to that point of being so abusive don't have the courage to change.... Or, rather, evolve. We are who we are and we don't really CHANGE much, asmuch as we can integrate new information, new experiences, new conclusions and observations into our current psyche, and in turn become more well equipped to handle a wider variety of things with peace and kindness,, and with boundaries in place to protect us.

They don't have the cottage to evolve because that would require them to Lon at themself, and acknowledge the pain they've inflicted ad an unconscious coward on others. They hurt too much to face that, they are embarrassed. But the fact is, there's more to be embarrassed about if you could evolve but choose not to, at the expense of hurting others so deeply, than there is anything to be embarrassed about in saying,"Holy crap, what wad I thinking and doing??? I was hurt and confused,, I'm so sorry."

So don't wait for them to change.

Shroomy, I know this is long but I know that narcissistic abuse can leave someone so confused and empty and lost. I get it.

You go watch that dude and begin to heal.

You begin to heal from this crap and from BPD, a world of opportunity will open up to you, as you lose the fear and the defensiveness and confusion and despair.

You can do it. :)

Edit. His channel. Go look through his videos and watch whatever grabs you.

https://m.YouTube.com/user/SPARTANLIFECOACH

Last edited:
That made perfect sense to me in so many ways, and it also hurt to hear it like that. But it's the truth. I'm checking the channel out that's a great idea. I had a longer post but I found it was irrelevant to getting off heroin as it was my thoughts on what you wrote so I deleted it. But dealing with that is going to help me stop / cut back.

Exercise is your best friend as an opiate user. Since I've been doing a few hours of yoga a day, I no longer get as sick as I used to. I believe this is because I am doing enough yoga to create pain that the H doesn't just push through. So, it's potentially causing my natural pain relieving system to stay somewhat functional, and when I begin to experience the extreme pain of withdrawal I respond the same way my body gets through the yoga workouts. Even if it's just a mental thing, that is my little theory. But, my withdrawals used to be worse. If you can work out in withdrawal even more power to you... I personally can't, because the pain in my spine returns and I could never ever handle working out with that spinal agony. I can only exercise on opiates for now (maybe if I strengthen my core enough...).

Ummm oh yeah. Sex drive issues. I have no sex drive if I use opiates and don't do this much yoga (I'm sure any exercise would be fine). But, it seems to help stabilize testosterone levels even when you are using so long as you are not using too too much, and I am able to be my usual horny self. This is like the one side effect I get other than constipation, so it's good to have it taken care of... well not really, I can't get any lol.

Isn't yoga bad for your back pain? Hours of it? I would imagine it as not helping and would create pain. Idk

Exercise is good and helps you physical and mental being, if you can do it without being in horrible pain or hurting yourself more.

It can even help once you get through the worst of the withdrawals, usally day 2 and 3 are the worst, it's all easier from that point on...

Man are you honestly against every little thing that I do? Yeah, I'm a dumbass that hurts the hell out of my back on purpose. No, it doesn't create pain or I would certainly not be doing it. It gets my spine moving and is very similar to the physiotherapy exercises I was given to do, but my own versions since I had essentially already been doing them. I think it's good for me to move my spine, rather than keep it completely rigid for years on end - and that's what I do without yoga. Yoga is generally recognized to be good for the back and I do a gentle kind for the most part - I practice at home, and within my limits since before I hurt myself, I had spent hundreds of hours in yoga classes and I know what I'm doing.

I cannot run, it would utterly destroy me. I cannot swim, I can't even tread water. I can cycle maybe like 30km, and I can go for short hikes. That's about it. I will never touch another weigh so long as I live. I will never do a single pushup, or situp. I've given up all sports like hockey, tennis, golfing, skateboarding and snowboarding - those are simply out of the question. The yoga I do is not a flow type of yoga. I hold asanas in silence for 5 to 10 minutes. It's called yin yoga, and it's more meditation oriented. I'm sure I could handle flows at this point too though. I'm not fucking around with weights or anything, I'm not standing on my head... I'm good. If there is a posture I'm uncomfortable with in a class I would know immediately and I would choose not to do it (I plan on going to a weekly yin yoga class, at least checking it out, mainly to get out of the house and maybe meet people and because the classes are really designed to be relaxing). All that slow deep breathing is just great for me.

I know my limits and yoga has helped me keep a strong and toned body while having chronic pain. I have no idea what else I would do, I'd probably be overweight or just a cyclist with no meat on my bones. A 10 minute downward dog does wonders man (I incorporate muscle strengthening poses into yin yoga as it is mainly passive stretching and works the connective tissue... so it's just whatever I feel I can handle).

Man, I just went through 5 days of it and the last few were the worst. I can handle the physical withdrawals. I lose my mind emotionally and that never really goes away, so I'm working on parts of my life that will lessen that part and then quit in the future while maintaining a low tolerance. I'm sure you are against that reasoning too - waiting until I have an established career, some money in the bank, and quitting then when I'm less unstable. Which shouldn't even be long from now, I have engineering interviews coming up to prepare for.

It is generally recognized that post-acute withdrawal is much more challenging than acute withdrawal. Otherwise, if it was all just physical I would quit. I spent the past week of my life crying on and off, doing absolutely fuck all. I wasn't even that sick.

Just stop criticizing me. I'm an engineer with a physics background. I'm not a fucking buffoon. I would not do something for 2 hours a day minimum, if I feel that it was hurting my back. It actually keeps me around 180 to 200 lbs as opposed to 130 to 150 lbs. It's great for my health and keeps me good and strong, which is important to me because I used to be a bodybuilder. I'm also really flexible and flexibility certainly helps with mobility to. Am I actually defending yoga for chronic pain? I'm not going to intensive hot yoga classes, I'm doing everything within my limits and taking breaks if I need them. Anyways, it really helps and I would recommend it to pretty much anyone. It's essentially my religion. and sorry for editing this post

You need to stop this. Just speaking out against everything I do, even yoga! I love yoga, I'll probably marry a fellow yogi chick one day. It's like you know I will respond with these rants are you are playing off it. I am mainly here to discuss my heroin taper. Specifically that, to keep track of my heroin use and mention if it's getting out of control again. I did well today... I dosed 3 times. I just recommended something that obviously is good for my health. I am very fit from it, and my pain is no worse whatsoever. It's probably better, from strengthening my core. I am fit enough from it that I get attention from women that I otherwise simply wouldn't get. I'm just saying, it has completely transformed my body into a much healthier one, and it's really really light on the back or there is no way I could do it because I can't run around the block without doubling over in excruciating fucking agony.

Last edited: