• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

Hi Rachel!
Hang in there girl. I tried suicide last year....i know where you are at. I can only say it does get better.
Stay Well. Sending positive energy your way!
Be well everyone! I am going to force myself to get out of the house today and sit by the beach for a few hours.

Hi guys, I haven't been on in a while because my mood took a severe dip & I threw myself into the river on Friday night, sadly I was pulled back out, the search & rescue found me way too quick because it was a calm night weather wise with no current.
I hope ye are all doing well.
I'm gonna try get some sleep & I'll be back in a bit to have a proper conversation.
I feel pulled into this thread for some strange reason.
Lots of love,
Rachel.

Perhaps because we are all on the brink.... I know I have been.

I'm glad you are still here.

My mood not the best either. I screwed up after withdrawing and will go through some withdrawal which actually doesn't bother me much... It's my brain. That bothers me. I hope it straightens out soon

For all of us.

Stay safe girl

Love to EVERYONE xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Edit. It makes me so happy that people are enjoying talking here :) :) :)

Last edited:
Shroomy, my friend - I hate reading how miserable you've been. Suicide isn't the only way out. Life can be such a joyous, fun thing too... and with time and patience I swear it's something you can access to as well.

Have you ever used online support to help you out? Like, a board like this but for people who are contemplating this? I wonder if that would help you out a bit. Maybe you could find more focused support there as well as getting support here?

please keep in mind that it's hard to ask from others what you're having trouble asking from yourself, you know? The vibes you put out are probably similar to how you're feeling and that might be interfering with your success. Not that it's your fault, cause it's not. There are many paths that can help treat how you're feeling ... chemical imbalances aren't your fault at all. But it's something you might be able to control, with help... whatever form that help might be. But please go easy on yourself. This stuff isn't easy but you deserve a chance.., even if that means you have to start by you giving yourself a chance, cheesy, but I hope you know what I mean.

As a friend, I hope you'd give yourself the chance to have a healthier mind before you decide that you've done everything there is to do, and dying is the only answer. From what I know of you, I see someone who, despite their problems, is smart, resilient and funny (such great qualities!!) ... someone who has so many tools that others would be jealous of and that are necessary to succeed. You have more things going for you that you realize. I wish I could find the right combo of words to get through to you cause I can promise that life has so much more to offer than what you're experiencing now. Dying isn't the only way out. Also when you have mental issues that are running rampant, you have to remember that you can't really trust your mind all the time, you know? Especially with things that are emotionally charged. So, until things are a bit more stable on that front, please remember that your mind might not be the most reliable source for the truth.. even if it feels like it's true.

im posting here instead of just a PM cause I'm hoping others might chime in to my advice and help you.., or they can correct me and /or build on what I'm saying. I want you to feel supported and not alone... cause truly you ARE supported... and you're NOT alone. But I know it feels that way, and I'm so sorry that it does.

ive never tried to kill myself but as you know, one of my best friends did (and succeeded) in high school. I'm mentioning this cause I want others to know I have experience with suicide... I'm not just throwing out blind advice. Being someone left behind from such an act is terrible.
To this day it affects me. I have a lot of opinons about suicide and while I understand it and would never ever judge anyone... it's difficult to be one of the people left behind to deal with it. It's certainly something that affects more people than you could even realize. I'm sure my friend never thought that more than 20 years later, she'd have friends still crying over her loss. I'm sure that, even if her intention was to punish her family, that she never would have meant to fuck up so many others who are still semi- drowning in the wake of her death. It's amazing how much that event changed my life and altered it. I hate that she was so upset and desperate that death was the only way out. And I feel the same for you- but you're still here so I'm able to share my thoughts with you and tell you that death isn't the only way out. You're so young... there's so much here for you to do and explore. Please think about other options -there are many my friend. I promise.

sending you a lot of positive vibes, my friend

Hey so I'm just pointing out, I PM'd Sasha a reply (I just like to be kind of private and I really appreciate what she wrote).

And I'm not actually suicidal but I have suicidal ideation in heroin withdrawal. I don't think I'd ever do it, I mean I can't bring myself to stick a needle in my arm. It's still a serious problem, I'm very, very depressed when I don't have opiates in my system. Among other things. I'm self medicating a lot of problems. Using 60mg in a day is fucking hell to me but when I'm broke and unemployed that's somehow the way things go. Sometimes I have no dope at all, so I'm glad I was able to just get a hit. I'm just pointing out that there isn't going to be another suicide attempt and if there is, I can't personally see it - I'm not planning on that. I have drugs to do and girls to talk to and I'm fighting to get a stupid fucking job to pay for my habit. I'm just getting more and more frustrated as time goes on and I see myself wasting my life. Especially when I'm low on dope it's just miserable, inevitably I'm going to turn to the needle because I am starting to spend a ton of money on sniffing the shit.

I can only ever function with opiates in my body I don't plan on ever quitting. Or I may actually do what I mentioned, but I'd never ever quit.

Last edited:
^^couple posts up, mentions focused online support for suicide. I belong to a site for just that. Pm me for the name. Unless enough people want me to put the name here, not sure if I'll get in trouble?

Hey Trevor, how are you feeling, and doing, love? I keep doing *a little*. Because I guess I'm a masochist lol.

Man its hard. Soon as its out of my body, before wd even sets in, I feel how WEAK I feel physically. Spine stiff, straight, not curved. No Dr for a long time. Oy. Maybe outs progressed more. I'm sure it has Holy holy am I ever weak and stiff....

How is everyone?

Love to you all. So much. This ain't easy no matter how you slice it.

Xoxoxoxo

Shroomy,
I know you aren't working right now but obviously you have *some* money. And I know how HARD it is to control yourself and taper down to a lesser dose, but could you grab enough dope to do a fairly controlled taper? I kind of cut back on mine relatively fast abs it was hard. We've spoken about this, howhardtapering is. But the more slowly you do it, tthe easier in the body it is.

And I have to say, once down at a lower dose, I was better off in some ways. You don't *think* your mind is fuzzy, or slowed down, or anything. But when you come off it or greatly lower your dude, enough that your brain is eventually forced to pick up endorphin production, the mind feels more clear.

Like I said, it's a bit strange, a real trip, because you don't *feel* all fuzzed out. It's only when you accomplish a smallerdosewithout wd (the body gets used to a smaller dose, I mean, there may be some wd in the process) that you see how much more clear your mind is.

That's not to say we aren't functional onit. We are. I am. YYou aare.

I sure you've contemplated this and this post is redundant. Just throwing it oout there in case.

Help Nye with the measurements. I'm sort of dumb here. I know for example .5 on my scale is a half gram. Is that 50mgtthough? Asking to get a better idea of what you take.

Because I do have a scale.

Love love love xoxox
Rachella, how are you hanging in there?

Are you okay Rachella? Let us know.

ABW, wait til you hear this. I actually just logged in to write about how I believe that, being relatively broke at the moment and being so fearful of cold turkey withdrawal, I am in the midst of a heroin taper that I worked out. Also, the consistency and potency of my supply has been exactly the same for a year, making it easy to taper. 30mg of this heroin always feels exactly the same, it's nice brown vinegar-reeking afghan #4.

Okay so this is what I'm doing. A 20mg sniff, every 8 hours. This is my second day of doing this and I am really hurting. I'm getting a gram, I got the money for it, but I'm waiting a bit to make sure that I stick with the taper for a day or two longer. Once I get the gram though I'm raising my dose to 30 milligrams every 8 hours and going from there. Since 20mg has me hurting so bad I just had to take 3 quarters of an amphetamine pill. Now I'm wired on speed but honestly it was either that or dosing early. I could NOT handle the pain because I'm used to sniffing 2 points a day not 60 milligrams that's nothing to me! That's one really nice high that might last a few hours, so for the entire day it's really not much. I just took 40mg diazepam with the amphetamine and I'll be fine for the next 3 hours now. It was getting to the point that I was very, very sick and not only sick, but in horrible, excruciating muscular/skeletal pain.

I really think I'll be better off at this lower dose if I can stick with it. I'm going to need some support to stick with it for sure. But like, that gram will last me over two weeks if I do this! That is insane for a 5-year user when a lot of people use a gram in a day and honestly I probably could if I had the money to. It wouldn't take long at all for me to get up there, so I'm try to cut back FAST because I'm debilitated in withdrawal, but I'm also trying to stay sane. I'll probably take amphetamine again tomorrow and then in a few days raise my dose to 25mg or 30mg if I'm still feeling this bad, because I really need to get going in life, there's a lot of pressure and I can't keep wasting days being sick like this.

So basically I'm taking your advice precisely before having read it LOL. Half a gram is 500 milligrams. I get REALLY good dope, it is chipped off a kilogram fresh from Afghanistan. Untouched since entering the country. Using a point a day (100 milligrams, 1/10th of a gram, or one common bag I guess? Even though bags are probably cut to shit and not really 100 milligrams) is like at the very least a bit over 100mg oxycodone a day in equivalency and I'm able to sniff it so I get a lot higher. So, my habit is not very large but the thing is I've literally been doing it for 5 years with only 3 days out of those entire 5 years where I did not use any opiates at all. Of course I've been sick, but I have a script to fall back on and like being sick for me was taking half or a quarter of my regular dose. Cold turkey simply doesn't work for me. I freak out. Also, I take over a gram of oxycodone a month on top of this.... so that is around 50 milligrams of oxy a day on top of my dope.

My withdrawal symptoms are still horrific. Heroin can be anywhere from 0 to 100% pure and I don't get bags or bundles I literally get gram rocks or sometimes quarter or half ounces chipped of keys that come as slabs that I have to break down to even fit in a vial or container. The stuff is amazing and that's one reason I'm so hooked on low doses. I have a milligram scale (it goes to 0.001 grams and that's how I weigh out 50 milligrams which is not 0.5 grams, it is 0.050 grams. So, if I'm not mistake 50 milligrams is a tenth of what you thought it was because I'm paying a lot more money for very pure stuff and it's expensive as hell where I'm from, well I guess it is everywhere but here very much so. The price per gram of actual diamorphine not considering cuts works out fine though in my opinion. If that makes sense. So, my habit is not a half gram a day because a half gram here costs A LOT of money for what you get (but it's raw, and my first gram lasted 6 months... like 5 milligrams is equivalent to a percocet basically that hits in 15 minutes and feels better). I don't have that kind of money for a half gram a day! I'm trying to keep it to a gram every 2 weeks because that's literally all I can afford right now! Instead, a gram usually lasts me 7 days max and then I'm trying to scrape up more money as I get deeper and deeper in debt.

This needs to stop. I'm ruining my life. I think that sniffing 20 milligrams every 8 hours is a great start... would you say so? That is about 1/3 the dose I'm used to and the withdrawals are severe enough (I've literally been crying, in tears all day long... my upper arms and bones aching like hell, kicking my legs, no energy to do anything, no appetite, nausea... but it's not so bad that I'm shitting my pants or puking like cold turkey was, so I think it's perfect. Before I know it the summer will barely have started and I'll be feeling great!

By the way I took a ten day break... well it was only 3 days cold turkey and then oxy abuse, but my tolerance lowered to the point that this dose could have me well for easily 6 hours before I even thought of having more. Right now, if I sniff 20 milligrams I will feel wonderful for an hour, starting 15 minutes later, and then well for another hour, and then progressively sick for the proceeding 6 hours until I dose again. It totally sucks, but I think that I'm making a good decision.

Rachella, are you okay sweetie? There is no way you deserve to die and I bet there is a lot of hope for you still. Try to think back to happier times of your life, and realize that this person is still hiding somewhere in the depths of your consciousness. You can get back to that state if you suffer a bit, I'm not sure what your habit is like but it's probably way bigger than mine. Even still, I am treating several mental health disorders and excruciating chronic pain with this stuff so I don't have good health to go back to. A lot of people do, since opiates do not really have any long term effects if you can manage to quit (on the body at least, I look better than I ever have before as a junkie... I thought you were supposed to get really skinny and gaunt? I do, but only in withdrawal since I can't eat or exercise or sleep or take care of myself, I can barely get myself a glass of water haha).

So I am a vegetarian but I'm having some shrimp for lunch. Fuck it. Today sucks ass. Some nice wild shrimp will make me feel better I haven't had any meat in months. I know it is hypocritical to do that but I am treating myself just to make sure that my health stays in check. I'm low on food and I need the protein right now.

So I hope everyone is having a good day. Yeah, I don't really "cop" my dope I have a good source for raw and a milligram scale. I guess it's unconventional to use that way, but I guarantee whatever is in most of those bags and bundles, I am getting WAY better shit than that. Which isn't necessarily a good thing but the consistency and high quality keep me safe in a way. It's always the same colour, the same consistency, same potency, same everything. It's a consistent as my script which I find remarkable. I'm really picky about who I get it from and if I lost my connect I'd quit and go back to pills. It's that hard to find good stuff these days, a lot of it isn't even diamorphine anymore which is fucking bullshit. What's up with that? If I am paying for a drug I want it to be the drug that it's supposed to be. It's a good thing I've been into this a while before fent really hit, and I've had medical grade fent a bunch of times. Just because I can usually tell right away if it has a bad cut which happens way too often, or used to before I was blessed with the best raw I think I could ever find in all my life. I avoid white powders and yeah... that nice vinegar afghan #4 is getting harder and harder to find... so I better cut back before I'm cut off.

I don't plan on quitting by the way. If I can actually maintain a 60mg/day habit, that would treat a lot of my problems better than any medication out there by far. And it would cost me very little money since a gram would last over 2 weeks... maybe a little less if I took some high doses on occasion. I would have less issues with sex drive (I am already rebound horny like crazy), and I would have much less constipation issues since 8 hours gives me enough time to have a bowel movement. My mind wouldn't be preoccupied on when should I take another hit and it wouldn't be compulsive at all because it would be a strict schedule that my body is very used to. I could work an 8 - 4 and get high at the beginning and end of my shift which would be perfect. Maybe sneak a little amphetamine in halfway through to keep me going... lol. Holy fuck I've written a lot in a short time it's that fucking speed. It is SO good for acute withdrawal, I try to use it sparingly and only when I'm tapering like this (cold turkey is too intense for it).

I think my plan is promising but is there any way I can hold myself accountable to it? I'm keeping a journal log, but like, if people held me accountable to at least for the first week or 10 days it would really help me get my life on track. I don't want to run into this situation when I'm employed and have to go to work sick, completely useless. Fuck that. If I had the habit I am aiming for, I could probably handle cold turkey and even take some days off H when I'm not busy. It's a great, wonderful thought to get by on so little instead of continuing to blow through grams. I used a half ounce in 3 weeks pretty recently which is fucking insane for me. The fallout was horrific from that. Now that is almost a gram a day which is really getting into the abuse zone.

It is worth pointing out that last year I tapered with oxy's. I made it from 150mg to 30mg before freaking out months in a going straight to dope (terrible panic attacks, immune to benzos, insomnia to the point of psychosis). I took it too fast and got hit with PAWS that was worse than the acute withdrawal, so I'm really trying to take it easy on myself this time. So, I have seen success tapering before and I have a lot of experience with it already since I did it for months, continually cutting my dose. I fucked up but that shouldn't deter me. If I can stabilize on 60 milligrams I will honestly be such a happy man and really proud of myself too. This isn't easy by any means. I hate taking speed but I would have dosed early otherwise... I was in purgatory. Day 2 is hell as I'm sure you people know! Even day 5 is shit... I get anhedonia for at least 10 days.

My lower spine hurts like hell right now. It seriously is in fucking agony. I see right away what led me to this choice. Just an hour an a half and then I'll sniff my stuff so... time to lay down on my heating pad. It really hurts a lot.

edit- I'm just updating this to say that my current taper plan is really harsh, but I made it to 4pm. It was honestly hell for 6 of those hours since I last dosed at noon. I took an extra 5 milligrams or so and I hope that I can hold myself over until I get my gram because I'm holding off on that, I think if I had it today I'd blow through it and ruin what I have going on. I have enough for another day and a half or so to keep this up and then I'll be well into it and get my grab and keep going since that amount is not even that much, I'm aware how quickly I could blow through it if I was irresponsible (4 or 5 days easily, I am aiming for 16 days). I'm wondering if day 3 will be any better than today has been and I really fuckin hope I can make it until midnight. Maybe I'll lower my dose and take a whole bunch of sleeping pills for tonight because I managed to sleep until 8:30am today and skip the sickness I'd have experienced overnight. Just to conserve my little stash. I think this is a great way of me doing it because I still get that satisfying hit and like, just as it hit me a few minutes ago it is absolutely wonderful to feel. Wonderful. It just takes a lot of self control to do it with dope but I did a taper with oxy last year and really I don't see much of a difference apart from this being affordable to do more slowly and maintain. I realize this is a very long post but I took some amphetamines to help see me through, what can I say. The amphetamines speak for themselves, it was a low dose but I'm sensitive to that shit.

Last edited:
How is everyone hanging in there today?

I've screwed up and set myself up for some withdrawal. It shouldn't be the worst withdrawal I've had, though. I'm losing my fear of the withdrawal. Sort of. At least withdrawal from a lower dose.

It's the changes I will need to begin implementing once I really put this down that are more daunting right now.

My life had become problematic, mainly due to having so many health problems. I find myself in situations and circumstances I know I *definitely* wouldn't be in if not for my health problems.

But I MUST dig my way out of this. And if I think it's hard NOW - and it definitely is - it will only get harder the longer these problems fester.

Once I haven't touched out for a good 5 days it's not that hard for me to kind of break the *habitual* aspect of it. I find I quickly get used to not revolving aroundthatroutine. I relapse mmainly of ffeeling uuncertain on how to proceed. I mmean, iI kknow what i nneed to do (why is swSwype adding extra letters to my words lol there is no way I'm editing it every time lol). I guess it's just establishing a new routine that's a bit hard. That fear. My safety net is and was numbing the physical pain when everything together gets so overwhelming that I cannot cope with all of it at once, all of life, again mostly health stuff as otherwise I consider myself pretty tough with good stamina and endurance even through trying times.

So I get to a point where the physical pain and discomfort is what's pushing me over the edge, where if only *that* aspect of my life weren't so, I could go back to plowing my way through everything else lol. So I take some.... And from there just a bit more, and more....till I'm right back at square one.

This time I have to break that chain before I af right back up there with the same level of habit, the same severity ofwithdrawal.

So I did some today. I'm not necessarily angry at myself as much as I'm a bit impatient with myself, frustrated. Because I know in my heart of hearts that this era HAS TO COME TO AN END to make way for the next era, where I take all of the lessons I've learned, take all of the info from researching health, take just every thought that has resulted from the accumulation of things learnedby ggoing through all of this physical nightmare, and apply it.

It's exciting to think I could actually improve my life. To think I could take back my power and happiness. St least an evolved version.

It's a bit scary too.

A lyric from Cobain has now entered my mind, lol: I miss the comfort in being sad.

Something like that. Knowing there's better out there for me. But trying to lose that last bit of fear that has me clinging to what worked for mee in the past when I was in ruins. When I didn't yet have the info or anything, any tools or enough knowledge and tools to do anything better than freeze and hold on for the ride just hoping to *survive*.

Well. I survived. Maybe barely. But so far, I'm still here. Note outs time to do more than exist and survive. It's time to live, live as a verb, and its time to thrive. I must take the still frame that is my life and animate it and write my story, now.

So I hope bi have what out takes to get through this week, pass that dangerous time right at the end of withdrawal where I feel so physically HORRID that I make the same errors over and over in a desperate attempt to.... Well, to literally hold on just enough that I don't give up completely on living and try to end things.

I don't want to die, though. Not yet. Not if I can truly LIVE again. I hope this time I can force myself to get past that danger zone (Archer, anyone? Lol) at the end of acute withdrawal and push myself, make it through that awful interim period where physical pain and mental anguish are magnified due to the body scrambling to find its equilibrium. It is a real REAL challenge to me not to get so caught up in feeling so horrible on every level that it no loner occurs to me that the rawness, intensity, severity of it WILL EVENTUALLY PASS. I guess from having SO MANY serious health problems, from my initial innocence being crushed (thinking I could defeat it and staying hopeful only to be crushed over and over until you just crawl under a rock and wait to die, mortified,horrified, and so very.....just SAD)it can get hard to not feel like any miserable feelings of any nature it won't get better. It WILL. It can. I can apply the things I've learned to make it easier.

I just have to get out of the woods king enough to take the first step of new.

Hang tight guys. Better things are already on their way if you just see it that way.

Which is HARD.

But not impossible.

Sending you all mountains of love, and empathy.

I want to hear how you are all doing.

Shout out especially to Trevor, one of the sweetest souls ever :-*

Xoxoxoxo

ABW, I feel like in ways this addiction is a condition worse than death. It is being alive without having the light of life in your eyes. The suffering is unbearable at times. I feel like I've lost my soul. THIS HAS TO STOP NOW. There is so much hope for recovery. I don't shoot my drugs (I will NEVER do that, even as a long term H user, I will always sniff), and I'm on a pretty low dose still. But it has been 5 years of bad bullshit. I can relate to what you said at first... I'd never be in this situation or many situations I'm in if it were not for serious health problems. My spine is just fucked for how old I am.

Anyways, this is Day 3 for me. The first two days were torture and I used 60mg heroin... 20mg every 8 hours. So that's pretty much like taking an OC20 every 8 hours. It isn't much.

Today, I am going for 40mg just because I know I can do it, and I want my tolerance down. This means going 16 hours without opiates, approaching my goal of being able to go 24 hours without it and not suffering unbearably. I'll be going back to 60mg once I have the comfort of that gram in my hands, and at that dose, the gram will last over 2 weeks and be similar to the amount of oxy I am prescribed.

Today I am definitely feeling better. I had the energy to play my guitar, I never have motivation like that anymore. But, I played for a few hours and it was wonderful. I was sick as well and just had the motivation. I even recorded a couple rough recordings. It was great. That is a good sign, when I start wanting to do things again (even if I can't really do them yet... it means I want to live again).

I don't plan on quitting, but there is obviously a huge difference between using 40 or 60mg heroin or oxy a day versus 150 to 300mg. It is the difference between compulsive use, and controlled use at certain times of the day. Eventually I will be dosing every 12 hours instead of 8, to further distance myself from the compulsion. I actually get better pain relief from lower doses of opiates too. When I fiend them and sniff every 2 or 3 hours, the high is very short lived. I lose a lot of the positive effects too, and some of the ones I really like such as pinned pupils and itchy/scratchy. The high is SO much better if I wait say 8 to 12 hours versus 2 to 3. So, I'm really trying to break that pattern of compulsive use which not only ruins my pain relief from the drug, but fucks me royally since I'm in and out of withdrawal every few hours which is no way to live.

I am really trying this time. I don't have any more chances. I need to keep this going. When I get the gram, I need nothing to change at all. I need to keep at 60mg for a long time because I'm taking it easy, there's no rush... compulsive use has to go though.

ABW, I hear ya when you talk about that point in wd where, to me, it's also the make or break point. That is also the tough time for me as well. I just have no interest in anything and all my worries come back ten-fold. I'm already a wreck physically, and the mental suffering part becomes such a strain. I have decided to try to take my meds every other day. I'm hoping that will help keep my dose lower. Taking the large amount I have been doesn't help extra pain relief-wise, and just makes the wd that much worse when I do run out. And I always run out. One thing I've noticed is that when my dose is lower, everything seems so much more "alive" in the world. It's hard to explain, but colors are more vibrant and things are more interesting etc. I don't know. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I hope you guys are all hanging in there another day
Xoxo

Dear A better way.seems your mind is playing tricks on you..you have to remember a lot of withdrawls is MENTAL..you find something to occupy that tricky Brain of yours then you have a higher success rate...find something like a hobby or positive friend to channel that energy of using into your new hobby.(i found AA and NA as cliche as that sounds i LOVE MY HOMEGROUP meetings)...im sorry to hear your WDs are gonna kick in soon.ive WD many many times..i talked about you in my NA and AA classes ..your like my social sponsor lol...hearing you used again kinda blows on my end...you kept me going...im 99 DAYS today how crazy is that...im still depressed..i sleep better now...I COMPLETELY ISOLATED MYSELF FROM SOCIETY...im 23 and i dont leave my house for days ..my house is always dark i hate the light..im glued to my ipad watching movies and reading articles ..my 1 yr old son and music and my brothers are the only things that are keeping me going..Its crazy how A plant can do this to someone..i used to be so full of life and so joyful and now i cant stamd people ..i think A LOT NOW ..i sometimes think im to smart for my own good...im terrified of NOTHING thats whats crazy...idk what im TERRIFIED OF i keep thinking something bad is gonna happen..i know Benzos can help with that but ive OD twice on Xanax and havent touched xanx or Kpins in a while so fuck that... ill pray for everyone in this forum Godbless you all.

Last edited:
Thanks for those last few posts I can relate a lot myself. I pretty much didn't leave a basement for close to a year. I am recently cutting back and even on day 3, I am more spirited. I have the motivation to do things and not in a mechanical way... to pay attention, have more awareness and enjoy what I'm doing and not the high while I'm doing it. Physically I still feel like shit and the hard part comes later. I am a chronic relapser once I'm weeks or months in.

I find that when im working or with my girlfriend all the time that i stay sober for much longer...what were doing staying trapped in isnt healthy ...WE START THINKING...our mind tells us lets go cop a bag and i start plotting my schemes and where im gonna pick up ...we as addicts have to understand that OUR MIND IS NOT OUT FRIEND!!!! So we need to feed our mind a diffrent hanit than using...find something you used to love and pursue it...i used to love working out and drawing ..i need to start drawing more often so that same anticipation from cooking up your dope your having setting up your sketch book and pencils...

I'm strongly considering shooting my drugs now (this is an edit) over something that happened yesterday. I simply can't handle it and I need to escape and it's the only way I know how that might work. I'm going to take my regular dose, and shoot it instead. I just have to confirm that this actually happened and isn't all in my head because the cruelty is beyond much of anything I've ever known. I would have no problem at all sticking needles in my arm if this is the case, and I will be as soon as I find out for sure.

I also only have 10 fucking milligrams today so I am obviously going to shoot it to try and stay well and it's still nowhere near enough probably even for a single good hit. I'm hoping to get a gram within the next hour. Otherwise I am FUCKED and I am going to be in cold turkey for at least the next 24 hours. I can't handle feeling suicidal like this anymore. I need that fucking gram and I'll stick to my taper. Otherwise, I'm shootig the 10 milligram but I really don't expect it to do very much at all for me. My doses have been so low these past few days, and I'm on a schedule. It would suck if that was ruined becaue the dope man isn't available today. Then, I would FREAK the fuck out and tomorrow if/when I get it, I will be doing an 100mg line right off the bat (more than I have ever used of this raw at once) just in retaliation to the suffering. This is the 4th day, that I have completely and totally wasted due to non-stop suffering. It has to come to an end today. The suffering has been too much. 40mg clonazepam should *sort of** knock me out until tomorrow, but I'm still wasting a day, and wasting precious kpins that I usually only take a couple of each day. Last time I got like this, I was taking 50mg xanax doses until I got my fix, then it was back to much, much lower doses. I just need something to escape this shit fucking wasted life.

I can't get by on 10 milligrams today I just can't that is 0.001 grams for fucks sake. And with what happened I am already incredibly sad. I cried myself to sleep I seriously can't handle this shit I need my fucking heroin. A gram is a good amount for me it will last a solid week maybe slightly longer. I am hoping, praying for that gram because otherwise it is going to completely screw everything up. I need it today. I just took 5 2mg xklonopins to try and relax. If I can't get my dope I'll be taking 20 and trying to knock myself out until tomorrow. There is no point being alive without heroin, in fact I wish I was fucking dead. I'm getting closer and closer to making an attempt, impulsive decisions, I can feel it. I'm going to die and I don't care. I just want that fucking hit today. FUCK.There's a chance I might not be able to get it because I keep very few connects and I need it RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:
ive never tried to kill myself but as you know, one of my best friends did (and succeeded) in high school. I'm mentioning this cause I want others to know I have experience with suicide... I'm not just throwing out blind advice. Being someone left behind from such an act is terrible.
To this day it affects me. I have a lot of opinons about suicide and while I understand it and would never ever judge anyone... it's difficult to be one of the people left behind to deal with it. It's certainly something that affects more people than you could even realize. I'm sure my friend never thought that more than 20 years later, she'd have friends still crying over her loss. I'm sure that, even if her intention was to punish her family, that she never would have meant to fuck up so many others who are still semi- drowning in the wake of her death. It's amazing how much that event changed my life and altered it. I hate that she was so upset and desperate that death was the only way out. And I feel the same for you- but you're still here so I'm able to share my thoughts with you and tell you that death isn't the only way out. You're so young... there's so much here for you to do and explore. Please think about other options -there are many my friend. I promise.

sending you a lot of positive vibes, my friend

Amen to this. Although I find myself on that ledge at times, I have lost two people. Two men. And it hurts so, so much. Years later. And it will always, always hurt. Time doesn't take away the pain.

Sometimes this is one of the only things that stops me. That, and I don't truly want to die, I just want better circumstances and at times, especially with health problems, that feels hopeless.

But I can't even find words that do justice to the pain of that sort of loss.

One was an ex I had not been in touch with. I'm positive he didn't think I would be so upset, crying daily for months, blocking it out from time to time because the pain is so big that at times, I can't cope with it, I literally feel sick to my stomach. I just want to throw up.

And you do possess such wonderful qualities. EVERYONE on this thread does. I know I keep saying a version of this but I'll say it again because I'm truly in awe at the incredible people that have joined this thread and it warms my heart so: I couldn't be happier with the group of people gathering here. All such wonderful, empathetic, non-judgmental, compassionate, supportive, intelligent, funny, kind, sweet, lovely people here!!!! I feel so blessed to be in everyone's company. So nice. Gives me some faith in humanity, which I can lose from time to time. When I think too much...

I read you were again contemplating the needle. Have you ever seen an iv user withdraw? I have. Then and there I decided no fucking way. This is HARD and bad enough. No thank you.

Not only that but any control over your usage that you have now will quickly be lost once you turn to the needle., I suspect. Because right now, it's still dangerous in your mind, you're still thinking clearly about it. But we all know that once you get used to something you get used to it and it's no longer a big deal in the mind. From there it's a slippery slope, in that *now* you're telling yourself you could use less quantity by iv, BUT be honest with yourself.... It probably won't be long after shooting up that you begin to rationalize taking more. When you are in some damn legit physical pain, it is SO very easy to rationalize things in this way. :( I understand :(

Definitely no judgement from me no matter what you end up doing, Love. Just concern and worry.

I will have to get back on track after Friday. I can do this. I will do this. I'm already doing it in some ways, as I've been preparing my mind for this for a very long time. I figured before I was ready to quit, it couldn't hurt to get my mind to a better place first. Because although withdrawal is absolute physical hell, the times my mind has been right during wd everything was easier. Not saying that a positive frame of mind will erase withdrawal physically. It doesn't. But the mental part is harder than we like to think....

And as far as something bad happening, I've been THROUGH some pretty vicious SHIT, and am happy to listen and give feedback if you want to talk about it. I've gotten much better than my younger years at letting even horrible things "go", for lack of a better phrase. Not that it's ok. It's not. But I don't get as twisted up inside over it because it's not in my control. But who is in my life is generally under my control. Family can be hard. But I deal with that, too. I'm here for you.

LA,

I'M SO HAPPY you are still hanging in there! And you said to me:

"I talked about you in my NA and AA classes...your like my social sponsor...hearing you used again kinda blows on my end...you kept me going"

First and foremost, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU and just THRILLED to hear how much progress you've made, how far you have come! I hope you pat yourself on the back daily. As every single person on this thread knows, this isn't easy. Withdrawal gets a bad rep, and certainly for a reason, but often it's staying away that, in the end, is harder to get through.... Even knowing damn well that if you relapse, you have to suffer through the acute withdrawal when physical symptoms especially are at their peak. That's just a testament to how incredibly difficult it is to stay away and stay off of, that anyone (obviously myself included!) would relapse knowing they will have to fight that awful, sweaty, painful, wide-awake-yet-completely-exhausted acute wd YET AGAIN or else.

And so, you being so far along is absolutely INCREDIBLE and a testament to your strength, wisdom, and rational mind. I know you don't feel great, and you are still keeping at it and I'm so impressed, inspired, and overjoyed :D
Congratulations, my friend. And thank you for being an inspiration, because you are.

And the following is said with zero sarcasm or upset, just prefacing with that because words typed out don't have a tone of voice to look to to understand where someone is coming from, how they mean what tree saying.... That being said:

I want to thank you so much for that raw honesty with me.

First off, I froze when reading that bit. For a few reasons. One, I was SO TOUCHED that you were taking inspiration or using me as something to help you keep going. I had no idea you felt that way, to that degree (take note, Shroomy.... Here's a perfect example of us never really knowing what we can and do mean to others. I'm relating this to the topic of suicide that has come up several times on this thread from many people. You always ALWAYS matter, you are ALWAYS loved, and ALWAYS needed...).

No idea. I mean yes we have spoken. And given support to one another. But to hear that I helped to keep you going, and my God, that you even SPOKE about me to others.... I am floored. I'm so flattered. I feel honored. It brought tears to my eyes.

Which brings me to exactly why I must THANK YOU for your honesty, no minced words.... Because after I read that my eyes filled with tears and I closed the browser and reflected on the honor you've bestowed upon me, the extent of which was previously unknown to me. Some people might have been upset at being told that their use has disappointed someone else. But not me. I'm taking that as some SERIOUS motivation, as inspiration. Inspiration to again be worthy of the absolute honor of..... Inspiring. Keeping someone else going, because if I can do it they can and vice versa.

I wish I had better words to emphasize this point because I'm going to just repeat myself a lot instead lol, because I'm having trouble finding words that really express the depth of my "thank you" for your brutal honesty.

Like I said after reading that I teared up and closed the browser and thought for a minute.

And I was disappointed in myself, because I *had* inspired someone more than I could have ever realized on my own, here they are TELLING me that I kept them going.... And by slipping up, it's not just about not living up to what I know I'm capable of for my own sake.... It's also about being connected with others, being a team of sorts, inspiring each other, caring. You made me feel disappointed in myself, and I can't thank you enough.

My circumstances all around have become so unbearable, on all levels, every facet of my life is a big let down. Yes, my physical health has greatly impacted my ability to succeed at certain things, but I've accepted that albeit a bit reluctantly, and redefined the terms of success in my mind....which is a good thing....but I still need to do more work.

Having a positive impact on others is something EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to me. At the worst times of my life, sometimes thisssentiment is one of the few things that compels me to keep going.. to keep trying. If I know that anyone is looking to me in this way, I don't take it lightly. I definitely feel a responsibility to my fellow human being in this regard. Life, this world, can be so hard, and people connecting, mattering, supporting, inspiring, lifting up, caring, loving, one another is something so beautiful to me. So beautiful, and in my opinion , what life is ABOUT.

I don't know that I'm putting this well or communicating what I feel very well. It's just, your disappointment in me woke me up a bit. And the fact that you had taken so much comfort from me - like I said, I had no idea of the depth. I felt so humbly honored, and to know that slipping up has cost me that, I can only say thank you for that wake up call, my friend. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for SAYING that. Others - to be clear I wouldn't be upset with them for trying to spare my feelings, but the fact is, sometimes brutal honesty serves a high purpose - may have skirted over that to me, for fear of upsetting me. They might not have let on how disappointed they felt in me, and may not have decided to share with me how I had been something they held onto in some way for their own hope. I benefited from knowing how much I have touched you; it melts my heart to think I could have a good impact on another human being, that means EVERYTHING to me. And I benefited from you not hiding your disappointment in me, because now I want to reverse that. Furthermore, now YOU are MY inspiration.... You have a good deal of clean time under your belt and though it's hard you keep going..! I want to do the same. I want to be strong like you have been. Thank you so much, on so many levels.

I will work hard until I'm again worthy of the honor you gave me.

Thank you so much.
.Just, thank you.
Xoxoxoxo

Last edited:
Thinking of you, Rachella. I know I can confidently speak for everyone else here in saying that they are thinking of you as well. And that we are all wanting to hear from you, to hear how you are, to know if you are safe.

I understand at times when you are in a dark place that the last thing you feel up to doing is talking. I hope you will post and relieve us all, who are wondering if you are ok, though. Even if just a couple of sentences.

There is a lot of love laced throughout this thread, and plenty of it from myself (and the others!!) just for you, if you'll have it :)

I sure hope you will stop in and soak up some of it :)

<3 <3 <3 <3

Just wanted to remind you how much you matter, that you are cared for and loved, that there are people who understand how you're feeling and who are happy to give support, encouragement, love, and hope to you.

Please be kind and gentle with and to yourself, Dear One. Your life is precious, you are as well, and you are needed. Not just for others, but for yourself, too. You don't have to feel guilty for being physically unwell, you don't have to apologize for how you feel mentally/emotionally. Perhaps you already know and understand this. I hope so. But, if you don't, please consider believing me.

It's very true that life can be cruel & hard, and at times *mind-blowingly* so.... I totally understand that awful feeling of being overwhelmed and hopeless. It's not anything you can simply shrug off and just ignore and just plow through fast with your eyes closed, and then quickly return to feeling better. Not when it's at the level you are experiencing. The times in my life when dying has been particularly appealing to me, even with support it is never easy tohold on aand make it through, it always involves a LOT of work, a LOT of praying, a LOT of scrambling to see things from a different perspective in order to feel even a crumb of peace and hope and desire... At times, I've so narrowly squeezed by and held on. Just barely. But I'm still here, baby doll, and I can only hope and pray that you are, too. I wish it were as simple as telling you to hold onto hope and that things can become better. Of course, that is absolutely true, things absolutely *can* improve, mightily so, to where you could even feel joy and contentment and satisfaction.... That there absolutely is hope, even a lot of it.... I also know it's true that when your mind and heart feel so dark, that none of that sounds feasible, or even worth it or desirable. I know, Love ((((((((hugs)))))))) Let me, let all of us here, lift you up and support you and hold your hand through this, until the clouds clear up.

I'm saying I'm here for you. And I know without a doubt that I'm not the only one here who is happy to be leaned on as you work your way through this dark time for you.

Please let us know how you are, darling.
Sending you much, much love, and wishes of strength, peace, clarity, serenity, joy, and HOPE. Wont you please take our hands? They are outstretched to you, Fondly and with love, darlingXoxoxoxo

Last edited:
Dear A Betr Way you are still my inspiration..growing up ive always had friends and girlfriends so i was never alone..i was also never in my house 24/7 like i am now...now i hate leaving unless its going to an AA or NA meeting..you and those people in that group are MY ONLY FRIENDS NOW...I COMPLETELY cut off EVERYONE from my past EVERYONE...except my girl...but me being a loner now i learned that its for the better..i dont have to worry about running into my old junkie friends or seeing my connect and not being in Downtown where i can score on any block..i dont even have a cell phone thats how low key i am now..in order to change your lofe you also have to change your friends ive learned...i have severe trust and abandonment issues ..so the people who i let into my life mean so much to me right now..im happy you understand how much you and i talking means so much to you because it means a lot to me...

I have been detoxing for a week and I still can't get out of bed. It is horrible. I hope to get H today and continue taking low doses of it. I might be feeling 10% better, but not much. I'll read through the posts once I get well. I ran out and it has been CT and everything was going well before with my dose scheduling but I can't handle much more of this!

Hang on tight, Love! One of the worst tricks my mind plays on me when I'm not well is that it will be this way forever, but that's not true. IT WILL PASS. Just remember, it WILL pass. And you will make it and be ok.

We are here for you. I know it can be difficult to push yourself to write/type when ill, but I'm sure if you pour out exactly how you are feeling, others and myself will do our best to reassure you about your specific fears, battles, worries, frustrations, etc. We got you, hon. Everyone has each other's backs here.

Sending you love and strength. This will pass. I promise. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo