• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Do I have a drug problem

i said most likely yes
many users go into denial and come on here to get validation that they aren't abusing drugs or prescription pills which is BS and pointless
i stand by what i said
Thanks for the clarification, that statement is ridiculously true, I never thought about it like that to be honest. I could see myself doing that a few years ago when I first came on this site. Everyone usually speaks pretty intelligently and responsibly on here so it could make one feel that since the public image of a drug abuser is that typical skinny, stupid person on the street homeless, that just because people have access to the internet and talk about their experiences, that it validates their use. Very insightful.

Fucking wrecked.
Just kidding but not really ANYWAYS, the OP of your quote response is the most ignorant and depressing post I have seen. Poor guy believes that sober living will never live up to the synthesized euphoria that comes from drugs. I wish more than anything that I had never tried any drugs and lived my life ignorantly blissed. But I digress and unfortunately he doesn't and will probably end up dead in a ditch twitching out with a body full of chemicals and a brain full of sadness... I hope he learns what this life has to offer. Life is what you make of it and as cheesy as that sounds, it's true. I sound like a parent lol rant over bye.

life has nothing to offer. its why we go to the synthetic in the first place

ive been through the rigamoral of sober periods vs near death periods.. and one thing is true no matter what its a battle.. a battle not to escape

maybe youre life is better. maybe youve got support from family and friends.. from anyone.

sobriety is impossible for me now

I'm sorry to hear that. It's very sad that you think that way and maybe with time you'll change your mind.
Sobriety is difficult but it is to me definitely doable especially if you come off and stay off for a long period.
Exercises, hobbies, new friends and work can make your life turned to ways you'd think it was impossible before.
That's MY opinion. I know you totally disagree with this line of thinking.

This post is a bit meta, but I can't resist... I just went back and read this thread from the beginning. There are so many threads like this on BL. Variants of this must be among the most common posts we see here. I even went and found the ones where I was asking questions about my budding dope habit.

Every time, the response is the same: a tsunami of people pleading with the OP to stop...go back now, before it's too late! (with a few bitter grumbles intermixed.)

Now, this response is exactly correct. I've been part of the tsunami many times. But I don't think we're accomplishing much by doing that, either. My guess is that by the time someone posts to BL, they're probably pretty far into the rabbit hole already. In any case, it seems that most of our calls vanish into the ether.

I'm just railing about the lack of good options for intervention when it comes to drugs. I don't think there's much we could do differently. But maybe other folks see it differently? Maybe I'm wrong about how often our entreaties have a positive effect? These threads break my heart.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's very sad that you think that way and maybe with time you'll change your mind.
Sobriety is difficult but it is to me definitely doable especially if you come off and stay off for a long period.
Exercises, hobbies, new friends and work can make your life turned to ways you'd think it was impossible before.
That's MY opinion. I know you totally disagree with this line of thinking.

So very true. For me early recover from benzos was hell. I was severely depressed for the first two years, and thought life was never going to get better. I was suicidal but didn't want to go through with it because I didn't want to hurt my family again. I never thought my life would improve, but it slowly did over time. It's now 6 years later and I can honestly say I'm glad I stuck around. However, I did have to be proactive to find thing I enjoy, and I do have to make an effort to participate in life. It's not a situation where the joy just miraculously happens, it takes initiative.

Last edited:
STOP using drugs

YOU are only a kid

YOU are messing with Heavy shit and have NO idea what you're getting yourself into.

STOP fucking with Vicodin and other opiates. This shit WILL lead you down a dark fucking road my friend. Just lost my uncle to a heroin overdose.

Your friend who tried to flush your shit away, is a true friend. Keep him around.

If you are intent on getting high, stick to weed.

Sincerely,

An addict.

Good suggestions. But he has to be willing to do that.
Any feedback from OP?

This definitely sounds like you have a drug problem and to be honest it sounds like you know you do but are afraid to admit it to yourself. This is a recipe for issues down the road, I have seen too many friends just like you OD and die or go through cycles of addiction and never achieve anything meaningful to them, leaving them feeling worthless and depressed.

There must be something you love that isn't drugs. Try to use that as a motivator to look forward to. Travel, photography, clothes, sports, film, dancing, anything.

Yes you do. You better listen to some of the folks here. Put the shit down. I just turned 40 last week and wish I never would've taken the road that I've went down with the drugs. Eventually, the pleasurable feelings go away and you either have to find a substitute to replace whatever your taking or increase it. And eventually your gonna feel like hammered hell coming off of it all. If you don't have the discipline and will power to quit yourself or if you have nobody to turn to for help , you better learn this one word really well. I learned this word the only time that I ever went to rehab. The word is MODERATION.

Most definitely better coming off of it now rather than later in life for sure. Get out while you still have a life ahead of you!