MAPS Implications Of Psycedelic Legalization

S

SunshineDayDream3

anon -> MAPS discussion

I dont want to steer the discussion in any particular way. But at the same time, you have to engage how the government viewed psycedelics as so threatening to cultural norms.

My question is this: How would the legalization of psycedelics change structures of society?

I view things like pharmecutical companies going bankrupt, third parties winning votes, etc.

But most importantly, how does this interplay with the way psych research and freedoms are handled?

Nobody's going bankrupt with legal psychedelics. If it helps to bring about more self-actualization, happier folks, better ideas, more creativity, that all makes tings better, not bankrupt. If it's abused it's like everything else in our modern society in all its potency. Freedoms are going to be handled as always, depending on the person who is in a position of authority. Likely poorly in many cases, likely great in others.

Legalization of psychedelics is only going to happen through the current MAPS route, they'll first become treatments for certain mental illnesses. What happens after that is likely to be messy and I don't think you'll see them fully legalized in most areas for a long time, if ever. When it comes down to it, we're prudes, us Americans.