• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cocaine vs. MDMA - Which is less harmful with occasional use?

Fractality

Bluelighter
To clarify, occasional use within this context means anywhere from once a month to 4 times a year.

As I understand the literature, it seems like a brief summary would be as follows:

MDMA is more neurotoxic than cardiotoxic and cocaine is more cardiotoxic than neurotoxic.

Is it just a matter of "picking your poison" by valuing either your brain or your heart more? Or does occasional use mean that one avoids verifiable clinical harm?

I'd say probably regular coke usage is more sustainable and less harmful than regular MDMA usage. By this I mean say once per week equivalent dosing for say a 5-8 hour session. However if someone is binging on grams of coke every weekend compared to someone who takes maybe a quarter of MDMA every couple of months, the latter is a lot more benign and safer regime, on the brain and definitely on the heart.

To elaborate further - the dose would be moderate; no more than half a gram of cocaine or a quarter gram of MDMA for a 165 lb male.

To elaborate further - the dose would be moderate; no more than half a gram of cocaine or a quarter gram of MDMA for a 165 lb male.
Hard to say..both are pretty harmless at those doses and the frequency of use..especially when most street coke is 40-50% purity if you're lucky..I'd say the coke is less harmful

Hard to say..both are pretty harmless at those doses and the frequency of use..especially when most street coke is 40-50% purity if you're lucky..I'd say the coke is less harmful

True indeed - however, one must also take into consideration that street cocaine is cut with harmful adulterants.

I wouldn't say this is true. 250mg of MDMA/week is not sustainable in my opinion. What frequency of usage are you talking about OP?

Most cocaine is cut with really nasty stuff like levamisole these days, so statistically speaking MDMA is more likely to be good shit. Or at least if it's cut it won't have dewormer that messes your white blood cells up...

Neither one of them seems to noticeably harm me, but addiction to cocaine is a real bitch. But I also did most of my cocaine before they started adding levamisole.