• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Help?!?

Tinkerbell30

Greenlighter
Hey I am new to this site and I signed up basically so I can get some help.

I take a lot of Hydrocodone (I get 180 a month). I am supposed to take 6 a day but I have been finding myself taking 10+ a day. I also used to get Tramadol, I just got my last 60 and my dr cut me off. I have about 20 left and about 12 Hydro left and I don't get my re-fill for a couple of weeks.

My issue is that I have some Gabapentin and decided that I want to save my 'good' pills for this weekend so I took 1200mg of gaba today and I don't feel good- I am really dizzy and wobbly when I walk, no euphoria or relaxed feeling. I feel sick to my stomach and my head fieels floaty. I really hate this feeling because I am trying to work and it is making it really hard. I also feel like I can feel my heart beating in my throat and it feels like palpitations. It is really stressing me out...

Does anyone have experience with this stuff? When will this end? I took the first 900mg at 8am and another 300mg at 10am and I have been feeling that that ever since (it is now 3pm).

Any help would be appreciated.

Best advice we can give you here is you know your body best & if something does not feel right get to the ER or a doctor ASAP. That said I just recently tried gabapentin myself & had similar feelings the following day from dosing with a smaller dosage than you took. It may just be the way we react to the medication. But as I said before if you really don't right get to a doc or ER, not worth risking your life over a little embarrassment.

I get that bad from 300 mg.... To the point I become suicidal wishing it would end. I can't imagine your dose. Either way it will wear off by days end as gaba has a long duration of effect and all you can do is wait for it to wear off. Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

Thanks guys! I am feeling a little better now...I ended up taking some Trams and it seemed to even things out. I never want to take Gaba again, that was terrible. I am jealous of everyone that gets high off of it.

Well, you're essentially feeling the recreational effect of gabapentin. Normally, you'd titrate up in dose instead of taking a larger dose with no tolerance.

I personally love the effects of the drug, and benefit from it in many ways therapeutically.

If you hate the " side effects" , definitely steer clear of pregabalin, lol. It's a good deal stronger..