• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Long benzo-break, tolerance question?

maul91

Greenlighter
I took benzos between December 2012-December 2015. Not all the time, several breaks I dont remember exacly when and how much I took etc. but 1-2mg Xanax, 7,5-15mg(tried 22,5-30mg) Zopiclone - was my main drugs used. Also Valium(pretty high dosage), Rohypnol(1mg). Just something I got my hands on a couple of times. I want to keep it small so if you want details ask.

Ive had breaks for 1 month, 2 months and 4 months in 2014(May that year was when Zopiclone stopped working) and 2015(Xanax stopped working) but the tolerance didn't go down. My favourite pill is Zopiclone - or used to be. I was never really hooked with Xanax and benzos in general, ive never used more than 2mg xanax. The only one I took too much off was Valium, the weak crappy pill with a half life like a nuclear waste. Zopiclone was the shit, until they stopped working of course. I took it like 2 hours before bed, watched a movie and ate something tasty, god i miss it. I felt like I wanted to kill myself after the 4 months break when it still didnt work.

So anyway Im 2 months clean now and Im going to be that for 12 months, I mean from Everything. before I try it again. Im trying to live a healthy and normal life as possible this year. Loosing weight, exercising, getting a job, working on my discipline etc. Ive lived very unhealthy for a couple of years and I think this may be one of the reasons. I see it like Im cleansing my body, my metabolism is probably not the best and I think my mind and body needs to rest from drugs. From a year from now when ive reached my goals I hope they work and I can take them rarely, I'll rather hang myself than start abusing them again - seriously. Thats why im doing anything I can to really have a life to rely on before I try them, if you dont have anything except the drugs the chance is extremely high to fall back again, even if they dont work. Ive learned this the hard way.

Whats your experience with benzo tolerance, I would like some input. Be safe.

Thanks

Benzo tolerance in general lasts a bloody long time, and slowly decreases, and I think, never back to absolute baseline. Stinks!

Bit shocked that zopiclone didn't work for you after a four month break, though.

Good luck with your drug avoidance!

Benzo tolerance in general lasts a bloody long time, and slowly decreases, and I think, never back to absolute baseline. Stinks!

Bit shocked that zopiclone didn't work for you after a four month break, though.

Good luck with your drug avoidance!
What is a "bloody long time" then?

If I try a pill in December this year will that restart Everything? I mean how do I know where my tolerance is if I dont try.

Yeah its weird I know.