• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dude help me out

heyitsunfortunate

Greenlighter
Please help me out!!! ?

Hi I'm new to this but, I've been smoking weed since I was literally 13. I'm 21 now, but I never used to smoke it how I do now, I never really cared for it like that, in fact, I used to hate it, even when I'd smoke it.

But I don't know what happened, as of last year, going through so many problems, I randomly picked up on smoking weed, doing Coke, adderal, Xanax, loratabs, promethazine, Percocets, and all of other those drugs, I haven't felt the need or urge to take any of those drugs, except weed.

I can't stop smoking weed and I would be okay with that if it wasn't for the fact that some dumb bitch got me pulled over so basically, now, i have a court date February 23rd, for weed, which I rescheduled the first time because I literally CANT STOP SMOKING.

It's so depressing because I'm literally playing with my life here, I could go to Fucking jail just because I smoked weed when I could've stopped. But I literally can't stop, if i stop, I will have hot flashes at night, I'm the biggest asshole on this planet when I'm not on it, I literally am like a demon and I'll say shit that is so horrible, then won't even remember what I said. I won't be able to sleep or eat or any of that, and I'm literally 115 pounds at 21 as if that's not being a skeleton already.

I seriously have to smoke weed every 20 minutes, as soon as I wake up, as soon as I get in my car, as soon as I get to the highway after leaving my neighborhood, literally everywhere I am, I have to be high ( that's what my brain says to me) I know it's all in my head but I can't fight a battle with something that has the ability to have more power than me within. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope people read this cause I'll be so pissed off if no one notices this. By the way no to rehab and no to any of the drug and alcohol classes.

Last edited:
Hi there, just read your welcome message so hopping here to see if I can help.

Firstly break that passage up as a lot of people will simply not read a block of text like that.

Have you tried to reduce your amount your smoking, tapering using something else to get you to sleep for a few nights until your over the worst of your change in lifestyle? I know that a lot of people find themselves somewhat 'addicted' to weed and there is no magic answer other than your own willpower and medicating.

Hey, sup, my doctor prescribed me a sleeping pill, I forgot what it was called, but even then I wake up at 4 AM every morning sweating ( I forgot to mention this ) literally, 4 AM. The same exact time each night, and if I don't smoke as soon as I wake up, I'll just stay up the rest of the day

I have tried cutting down but that's not going to help at all, with me it's either all or nothing so I need to stop cold turkey but I feel like I'm going to become the next big serial killer as soon as I come off of it

If you have to smoke every 20min I have a feeling you are smoking synthetics. That stuff is highly addictive and will put you in a loop where you have to constantly get high to feel normal. Don't be ashamed to admit you smoke spice OP. I have a very hard time believing you have to puff real weed every 20min. I'm been using pot for 18 years and never came across that crack like effect. However when I used spice years ago I did. If I didn't smoke every 20min I could not sit still. All I could think about was spice. Work was near impossible because of the mental hold that stuff has. I gave that shit up and never looked back. I really don't think you're smoking real weed.

If you have to smoke every 20min I have a feeling you are smoking synthetics. That stuff is highly addictive and will put you in a loop where you have to constantly get high to feel normal. Don't be ashamed to admit you smoke spice OP. I have a very hard time believing you have to puff real weed every 20min. I'm been using pot for 18 years and never came across that crack like effect. However when I used spice years ago I did. If I didn't smoke every 20min I could not sit still. All I could think about was spice. Work was near impossible because of the mental hold that stuff has. I gave that shit up and never looked back. I really don't think you're smoking real weed.

1. Why in the fuck would I ever smoke spice I'm not bum

2. How am I not going to be smoking real weed it's really not hard to find and please don't start with "maybe it's laced" cause it's not. No one would waste drugs like that. I know what weed is dude lol

I seriously have to smoke weed every 20 minutes, as soon as I wake up, as soon as I get in my car, as soon as I get to the highway after leaving my neighborhood, literally everywhere I am, I have to be high ( that's what my brain says to me) I know it's all in my head but I can't fight a battle with something that has the ability to have more power than me within. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope people read this cause I'll be so pissed off if no one notices this. By the way no to rehab and no to any of the drug and alcohol classes.

May be stating the obvious, but you need to "train your brain" out of this.

You're making it quite obvious that, in your eyes, this is an obstacle you can't overcome alone and yet you refuse NA and rehab.

The only suggestion that leaves me with is one-on-one therapy. In all honesty, though, you sound like you don't want to stop at all and I'm pretty sure that's the root of your problem. If you don't want to stop, you're not going to stop until the consequences become too unpleasant too bear.

Maybe the best way for you to view this situation you're in is that, if you stop smoking now, you'll be able to piss clean for court, get past the bullshit and get to smoke again once you've run the race. Or you can keep smoking now and risk whatever it is you're risking with your legal issues, potentially meaning you may be incarcerated simply because you lack the willpower to not smoke weed for a few weeks.

Best of luck to you, and you sure did choose an appropriate username for yourself.

OP; three possibilities the way I see it.

1) If you're going to be drug tested (and this isn't clear to me); you're fucked. Period. If you really are smoking once every 20 minutes you'll piss dirty for a long time.

2) If you aren't going to be tested and *IF* you can keep your shit together and hide your 'high'ness then go to court high. Might work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

3) Depending on which state you live in (I'm assuming it is the US) medical laws may afford you some degree of protection. Medical users sometimes get away with very high levels of active THC in their system if a doctor can conclude they are not impaired. But by virtue of the fact that you state you are facing jail I believe you don't live in a medical state?

Good luck.

Tom

1. Why in the fuck would I ever smoke spice I'm not bum

2. How am I not going to be smoking real weed it's really not hard to find and please don't start with "maybe it's laced" cause it's not. No one would waste drugs like that. I know what weed is dude lol

Just quit. It's all in your head.

The only suggestion that leaves me with is one-on-one therapy. In all honesty, though, you sound like you don't want to stop at all and I'm pretty sure that's the root of your problem. If you don't want to stop, you're not going to stop until the consequences become too unpleasant too bear.

Maybe the best way for you to view this situation you're in is that, if you stop smoking now, you'll be able to piss clean for court, get past the bullshit and get to smoke again once you've run the race. Or you can keep smoking now and risk whatever it is you're risking with your legal issues, potentially meaning you may be incarcerated simply because you lack the willpower to not smoke weed for a few weeks.

Best of luck to you

sometimes the answer is right in front of you.

The thing is if I stop smoking, it is going to completely change me as a person for the worst, which is stupid because that didn't happen, I stated all the other drugs I've done, that are clearly more addicting or supposedly more addicting than weed, that I've done over the past years, that I don't feel the need to take every 20 mins, also think it's stupid I'm getting in trouble for having a plant on me, it's like saying I got caught with a pine tree in my car even though there's millions surrounding me, but I'm getting introuble for having that pine tree in my car, I know it's all in my head, but it's not easy telling someone "it's all in your head" and that's it, yea it's all in my head, just like all my thoughts and other problems are; on my head. I wish there was a substitute to it, or a way that I wouldn't have to go through withdrawals. By the way thank you and everyone for your advice and help I didn't even expect this many replies

I worry about you OP. I don't think you are using recreational drugs for the right reasons. If you think you are a better person high then it sounds like you need to work on who you are sober. If you continue down this path you are destined for addiction. What is it about the sober version of yourself that is so bad? Sober times are good. They help remind us to appreciate the times we are high much more. Being intoxicated 24/7 is no life and this is coming from a hardcore pothead that doesn't go a day without. We all need breaks. Stick around. Plenty of nice people here to talk to.

The thing is if I stop smoking, it is going to completely change me as a person for the worst, which is stupid because that didn't happen, I stated all the other drugs I've done, that are clearly more addicting or supposedly more addicting than weed, that I've done over the past years, that I don't feel the need to take every 20 mins, also think it's stupid I'm getting in trouble for having a plant on me, it's like saying I got caught with a pine tree in my car even though there's millions surrounding me, but I'm getting introuble for having that pine tree in my car, I know it's all in my head, but it's not easy telling someone "it's all in your head" and that's it, yea it's all in my head, just like all my thoughts and other problems are; on my head. I wish there was a substitute to it, or a way that I wouldn't have to go through withdrawals. By the way thank you and everyone for your advice and help I didn't even expect this many replies

There is no adequate substitute, you're right.

Most people that abuse cannabis the way you do (myself included, I just have no need to stop) find that physically exhausting the body helps put the mind at ease. In simpler terms, exercise. At whatever level you can, exercise. Exhaust yourself the first few days cold turkey, and develop a regimen shortly after you learn your capabilities.

No equipment necessary, bro. Pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, dips, squats and lunges will fuck your shit up, and then go for a run later in the day (or right after or before the work-out, whatever works for you).

Find ways to occupy your attention fully so that you don't divert to thinking about weed. Netflix is pretty good at that if you can manage to watch shit sober (and trust me on this one, you can.) Books, video games, sports, hobbies... whatever works for you, man.

It's really fucking simple, dude, but simple isn't the same as easy for everybody. :\

[EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, cannabis withdrawals are a bitch but (relatively) minor irritations in the long run. It's worth sticking out the first week or two of sweaty restlessness and shitty sleep, because it does eventually go away. Things find a way of returning back to normalcy on their own, you just have to give it a chance. For sleepless nights, I wholeheartedly recommend you check out supplementing your body's naturally produced hormone melatonin, which is widely available at pretty much any store that has a vitamin section (like grocery stores and certain gas stations/convenience stores) and mainly responsible for regulating sleep patterns.]

Last edited:
I'm just a very depressed person, no friends, no money, nothing, girl of 5 years broke up with me and I literally never have anyone to talk to now, companies filing law suits on me, 2 court dates coming up, life's a disaster right now and I can't get out of this dark hole.

I'm just a very depressed person, no friends, no money, nothing, girl of 5 years broke up with me and I literally never have anyone to talk to now, companies filing law suits on me, 2 court dates coming up, life's a disaster right now and I can't get out of this dark hole.

How the hell you affordin' the kind of habit you're describing with no money?

Not trying to get on your case. That's just the first thought that comes to mind.

I really think you could benefit from counseling. I mean, people on here are more than willing to talk about this stuff if you're willing to check out The Dark Side of Bluelight. Hell, we're even willing here in CD, but we're just a bunch of run-of-the-mill potheads with a few Einstein's that like to lay low around here... not always the best guys to take advice from.

The Dark Side, though? They're pretty good as a whole about talking people through their problems, in my experience.

Man, isolation is THE WORST thing for trying to kick anything. You may have to swallow whatever pride (or other) you have preventing you from going to meetings (AA, NA, HA, MA, etc... all are basically the same) because they offer socialization before during and after, allow you to relate to other people with similar situations (trust me, you will eventually find someone who just CAN'T quit weed, I've been there before, and now I have to go out of my way to smoke). Even if you continue to use cannabis after your legal issues, meetings or some form of socialization will go a long way. I agree with JIB on the exercise part too. Even in deep opiate/benzo withdrawals I would plop my ass on a treadmill, bike or elliptical, turn on netflix, and an hour later I would feel much better. You can even become addicted to exercise (I did). An old saying goes, if NOTHING changes, NOTHING changes. Gotta change it up man.

hey dude, if im understanding what your saying, im the same way, i smoke literally all day, i dont really stop, what i have found works is moving to a medical state, and getting the most potent stuff you can find, and take cbd with it, and eat edibles once in the

morning and once at night, im not sure how you can do that with the court issues, except for cbd which is legal in all 50 states, but that may be enough, it should relieve your anxiety, its a cannabinoid that naturally occurs in weed, its very relaxing and helps with sleep, once you get done with

your legal issues, you should consider moving, where do you live now? if you can get a prescription for a cannabinoid medication (cesamet, sativex, marinol) you can test positive for thc on the drug tests, and say its from the pills, as they make you test

positive for thc, if thats impossible, buy cbd, buy cbd even if it is possible, it will help

in the meantime, go to doctor, and get other medicine prescribed right now, you can atleast get some clonazepam, valium, lyrica, adderall or something like that, so that you can atleast take that, they cant do anything when you test positive for medictation

I will not tell you to stop using drugs, as im assuming you have underlying mental issues that causes you to feel a need to use these drugs and weed, please dont cold turkey, im sorry everyones telling you different

not accussing you, but if you are lying about the mental issues, then you should go ahead and follow some of the other posters advice,

Um... Is this a chick or a dude? Sounds like a chick. You use the word LITERALLY in every other sentence. Makes you sound stupid. You dont have any kind of real problem. Addicted to weed?? What a fucking joke! You sound like a little stuck up ignorant kid that is use to getting its way. Throwing tantrums. Grow up dude! If you cant go to court because your busy smoking weed then thats on you then. Theyll just issue a warrant for you and come get your pansy ass..(most likely smoking pot at mommy and daddys house).. and take you to jail. Then you wont miss court anymore. Stop acting like a little snotty ass bitch... grab your nutts and man up!! Handle your shit. If you dont, then you dont. Try being addicted to a real drug. Try being strung out on Heroin for a while. Ya privilaged little pothead.

ITT we welcome the "My problem's always worse than yours"-douchebag.

Welcome, douche. :|

I understand you're trying to be all tough guy on the OP, but it's really unnecessary. You made an account just to belittle someone who claims to be going through some drug-related problems? Why, how big of you. This must be an important issue that resonates with your inner self.

I'm sorry you were once a dopehead, but it's kind of a dick-move to use that experience in order to devalue what the OP claims to be going through.