• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

plz some advice

nicole835

Greenlighter
So I'm an IV user and know that there are serious health risks that come with using I've just had something going on for almost 48 hours and don't know if it is what I originally thought. So I did a rince at around noon on the 10thand immediately felt shivering freezing immediate migraine and body aches nausia/vomiting um pretty much the weirdest sick I've ever felt in my life so I figured it was cotton fever which ive had in the last one time but that only lasted half the day so when I still had this horrible thing lingering around today when I woke started to get scared sa did my bf he has begged me all day to go to the hospital but I'm afraid of what to say or what is really wrong. I haven't been able to happy sit up on my own today and I have been trying to stay hydrated but the vomiting defeated that anyway it's almost been full 48 and noticed last night I'm turning jaundice if I'm not feeling better by morning should I definitely go to er or is there anything I can do to avoid that and feel better thanks....

Be on the safe side and just go to the docs if it doesn't get better soon or if it gets worse. From the description of your symptoms it does sound like cotton fever which if the fever stays under control it usually clears itself up within a day or so. The more severe symptom Is tachycardia so Any spike in fever or the sort would warrant a doctor's visit imo.

K thanks I'm just kinda getting worried with turning jaundice and not being able to move in so weak I think I'm gonna go in the morning

Sounds like every H w/d I ever had. Get them the worst. Envy errbody who isn't constantly pukin lol

No. Jaundice is not part of opioid withdrawal. Jaundice can be serious and is indicative of liver failure. Go to the hospital ASAP. A little embarrassment is a small price to pay for possibly being able to save your liver. It would be stupid to wait any longer.

Cotton fever is pretty much a bacterial infection attacking your kidneys directly since it's been injected directly into your blood stream and should pass within a few hours, this sounds so much more serious. You should have gone to the hospital well before the 24 hour mark.

Do go to the hospital or seek medical advice. Jaundice has to do with your liver and it can be caused by certain types of Hepatitis, or other things.

Good luck, and stay safe.

I am actually quite worried about this. I PM'd her and hopefully her boyfriend just calls an ambulance because 48 hours of being sick with symptoms of cotton fever and jaundice sounds like a horrible bacterial infection attacking the kidneys and possible liver issues or liver failure. I wish I had come upon this thread earlier to let her know that none of this sounds like something that will just go away on it's own.

Would love an update on this. I sincerely hope she is ok and her boyfriend called an ambulance. She hasn't acknowledged my PM. I hate this shit, I would hate to have missed a post by a few hours where I could have potentially helped save her health or life. I would also really like it if I am completely wrong and she is fine.