• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

question on long acting opiates

razordesignz

Bluelighter
Need help choosing.

What opiate extended release works well with the best amount of regular euphoria sort of .

Oxycontin (or does the gel make it suck)
Or whay others are there thay people have good experiences with? I tryed googling but get too much mixed info or opana xr
Methadone?
Some type of hydrocodone xr ?
Please help

I'll pretend I understand your question. This answer is absolutely no joke. Opana or Opana ER. This is excellent pain relief medicine. If you ever go near Opana, you best respect it. For the sake of Harm Reduction, Opana can kill. That is the first line of the insert included with the medicine prescription. This medicine, like ANY opiate, can kill if used improperly. By the way, Opana is at least twice as strong as Oxycodone and is actually a metabolite of Oxycodone. It is easy to OD if used improperly. You have to have a real opiate tolerance before you go near it.

Dude, I may have to remove that last post. I think you are approaching this subject incorrectly. First of all, it is all subjective. What works for me may completely not work for you. If your new to opiates, first, look into codeine, morphine and Oxycodone. This is ALL FOR PAIN RELIEF ONLY
Go read some Dark Side threads, before you use. Tramadol is for professional use only. It is not as forgiving as other drugs. It is well known for seizures.'Stay safe.

And tram tramadol sux wtf bro I know my opiates I already get 120 percs a month and cwe, I just wanted opinions on good xr to add to my percs for medical pain ...

Opanas are strong but 10 biavailability orally and I don't abuse pills so opana was not for me I'm gonna do xr I think tho

Well we can end thia post got nothing useful thx anyways probobly just gonna swing opana xr and percs

Sorry, but your original post made it sound like you were completely new to opiates. Hey, keep the thread going. Like BingeBoy said, be a bit more clear. I personally like Opana. I don't abuse either. It is smooth and works all day for pain. The ER, is the best. 12 hours of pain control, period. Again, be a bit clearer.

Saw in another post that your pain is spinal/nerve pain. For pain relief only, the recommendation given in the other thread of methadone would be best to control that specific type of pain. It has excellent bioavailability and a long half life. You could continue to use oxycodone for breakthrough or could use all methadone. The starting dose would be dependent on your usual dosage but 2.5-5mg 3x day + 2.5-5mg every 4-6 hrs for breakthrough pain is reasonable initially then titrate to comfort.

If you're looking for "euphoria", Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) is the only opiate that has ever given me that "life is perfect" feeling. They do make Hydromorph Contin for extended release dosing and could either continue oxy for breakthrough or use Dilaudid immediate release tablets.

Oxycontin has good bioavailability and a decent half-life as well if oxy IR seems to work for you. The "gelling" is only an issue if trying to crush for nasal/IV administration. Orally works well at the correct dose for chronic pain. Does not have the same efficacy with treating nerve pain like methadone does but can always add gabapentin, pregabalin, amitriptyline, etc.

The problem with XR opiates/opioids and opioids with naturally long half lives is the following (in most cases)

The extended release opiate has a very low oral bioavailibility (like oxymorphone), or 2, even if the bio-availibility is good, the amount of drug being released every hour is too low (for instance, Oxycodone has an excellent oral absorption rate, Morphine has a moderate one about the same as sublingual buprenorphine, 30% or so) but if you're only going to get 5-10 mg every hour (and then you got to factor in how much of the drug is being lost), its just not as useful as a potent long acting opioid like methadone that has a super long half life, or even Buprenorphine which, even though it is a partial agonist, it is potent enough, and has a long enough half life that it is also much more useful than say using an OP 80 or two. (definitely more cost effective). The exception seems to be Morphine XR solution which is why they use it as an opiate replacement therapy in norway and other parts of europe.