• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Want to get off oxy. 240mg a day. Scared.

Theycallmedumb

Greenlighter
I take about 8 30mg pills a day. Have been preparing to start detoxing tonight/tomorrow. Honestly I'm scared to pieces. I've read a ton with mixed hope. I have the Thomas recipe. Also a bit on Kratom. I've been panicking all week just thinking about stopping. Suggestions? Anything will help I guess

Yes I have that option really. I'm just scared the more time I'm trying the more likely I'll lose will power. My sister is a nurse and she says taper. Scares me less honestly. But I'm not sure if tha because I know I'll be on them longer or the fact it's safer. If I had to guess...... :(

Taper by 10% every 3 days until youre down to about 50mg and then switch to kratom for about a week, 2 weeks max, and then drop the kratom and go from there.

Once you set out to do it and commit to it, once you are ready to quit it gets considerably easier. Opioid addicts are babies (I am a junkie too). We have no patience and build things up to be worse than they really will be. Tapering will considerably lessen the struggle, it wont be a walk in the park but it'll mostly be just minor discomfort if you taper correctlyl and more importantly it will be over in a matter of 5 or so days. So many times I have gone without for a few days, right in the thick of it and just copped more and started the cycle again when it was just about over. You are the one who decides how bad it is, the withdrawal feels miserable but you have the choice to let those feelings become you or be strong and just deal with it and remind yourself exactly how much you want this and that the suffering is only temporary.

Last edited:
Once you set out to do it and commit to it, once you are ready to quit it gets considerably easier. Opioid addicts are babies (I am a junkie too). We have no patience and build things up to be worse than they really will be. Tapering will considerably lessen the struggle, it wont be a walk in the park but it'll mostly be just minor discomfort if you taper correctlyl and more importantly it will be over in a matter of 5 or so days. So many times I have gone without for a few days, right in the thick of it and just copped more and started the cycle again when it was just about over. You are the one who decides how bad it is, the withdrawal feels miserable but you have the choice to let those feelings become you or be strong and just deal with it and remind yourself exactly how much you want this and that the suffering is only temporary.

Lig is right I remember so many times getting clean and worrying to DEATH about the withdrawals and they are never as bad as we make it out in our heads. Whatever you choose try to keep yourself busy it helps being around people too. A big part is anxiety and you can control this to an extent either you can make this easier on yourself by being as positive as you can or you will make it tougher than it needs by worrying yourself about stuff you cant control. There is alot of tools that can help you through like lopermide (the best but be careful with and taper it),gabapentin,robitussin,tramadol seem to be in alot of peoples opiate withdrawal toolkit. Also, get yourself a muscle relaxer even if its weak ones like robaxin, zanaflex both will help with the cramps. Nothing is going to make this easy but Ive done both CT and with substitutes and I can tell you I'm really glad this stuff is around to help. Whether you choose to taper or just CT like I prefer good luck and much love....Keep us updated! Good luck!