• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is Prolintane safe to mix with SSRIs (Lexapro)?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I don't know much about Prolintane other than what I've read on this forum, that basically it is a stimulant with effects somewhat similar to Dexedrine or Adderall, both of which I tolerate well on my SSRI which is Lexapro.

I know that Prolintane is considered to have a "good safety profile" but that's pretty vague.

Does anyone know whether or not this is safe to mix with Lexapro/SSRIs??

Is it an MAOI or Serotonin releaser?

Is there anyone on here who has tried it while on an SSRI?

Thanks

Prolintane is a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibiter. It does affect the serotonergic system, but may cause anxiety when taken with SSRI's.

It shouldnt kill you, but i would not advise fucking with these three major system of the brain at the same time.

Prolintane is a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibiter. It does affect the serotonergic system, but may cause anxiety when taken with SSRI's.

It shouldnt kill you, but i would not advise fucking with these three major system of the brain at the same time.

So will it cause serotonin syndrome if mixed with an SSRI or not??

If not I will probably try it.

What knowledge do you have about these kinds of things that you are saying it's a bad idea?

Can you give me some other examples of NDRIs??

Can you give me some other examples of NDRIs??

Phenidates like Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and its RC analogues
Pyrrolidinophenones like a-PVP (= beta-keto-Prolintane), MDPV, a-PHP
Methiopropamine
Pentedrone/Hexedrone
Wellbutrin (taken orally it mostly gets metabolized and mostly loses the dopamine reuptake inhibition though)

I'd be curious where Headhigh got the info that Prolintane also inhibits serotonin reuptake - that would make it an SNDRI like cocaine; I suppose it is possible that there is *some* affinity for the serotonin transporter, but even then it would most likely be near-insignificant compared to the dopaminergic and noradrenergic effect.

Last edited:
Hodor, i never stated that it affects serotonin at all...i actually said exactly the opposite if you read my post.

And mycophile, i know that theyre a bad mix from experience. I mixed methylphenidate with prozac once and it was a day full of being on the verge of a panic attack. But no, it will not cause serotonin syndrome

Hodor, i never stated that it affects serotonin at all...i actually said exactly the opposite if you read my post.

Ah, that makes sense - one of your sentences was missing a "not" though.

And mycophile, i know that theyre a bad mix from experience. I mixed methylphenidate with prozac once and it was a day full of being on the verge of a panic attack. But no, it will not cause serotonin syndrome

Methylphenidate has a really short half-life (like 2-4 hours)... strange that it would affect you for a full day - might just have been placebo (nocebo?)

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who are on SSRIs and stims at the same time without any adverse effects.

Ah, i did miss the "not", my bad.

And yeah, thats true, just my two cents.
Id like to hear how the experience went for you though if you ever tried it

I used to be prescribed Ritalin and Prozac at the same time.

They are NOT an unsafe combo just cause you had a bad experience on them.

I used to be prescribed Ritalin and Prozac at the same time.

They are NOT an unsafe combo just cause you had a bad experience on them.

Same here. Well, not sure if it was Prozac, but I do believe I was prescribed Ritalin alongside tons of different meds over the years, and don't recall having any bad reactions from the combo(s).

I never said that they were unsafe, i just said that it wasnt a pleasant experience and that my advice would be not to try them