• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I don't understand how my tolerance is so high. I can't nod!?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I've only been IVing heroin for less than a week. I started only needing like 70mg to catch a nod. I believe that was 5 days ago. Yesterday I had to IV over 100mg and snort some more afterwards to catch a nod. So today, 24 hours since my last dose, I figured 120mg would be a good dose. No nod. I just IVed more about 30 minute after my last dose totalling just over 200mg total and I still can't nod. There's no possible way my tolerance is rising this quickly, what's going on? I register 2-3 times every time I inject so I know for a fact it's all going into the vein. I just used the rest of my dope this use so there's nothing I can really do at this point except maybe pop a little Etizolam to potentiate the H, but I still want to know. Can tolerance really rise this fast? If I IVed 200mg 5 days ago I, without a doubt, would have passed out on the spot. Wtf is going on!?!

After injecting I took a couple hits off of my vaporizer, could nicotine perhaps be preventing the nod? Even then though it's only 6mg ejuice so it's less nicotine than a cigarette...please I don't know why I can't nod anymore.

Its hard to tell when you dont have something regulated. The only information i can give is once i moved past occasional oxy user to IV heroin addict nodding quickly became a thing of the past. I would only nod if i did a lot and i mean enough to get sick and even then it was rare.

It is in fact the motivation for my getting on methadone. It came to a point where i would run out of money borrow money and still barely get high... that made getting on methadone so easy.

Its either an issue of tolerance, purity, or something else but i dont think anyone can tell you via a text box why you arent getting high ;)

Its hard to tell when you dont have something regulated. The only information i can give is once i moved past occasional oxy user to IV heroin addict nodding quickly became a thing of the past. I would only nod if i did a lot and i mean enough to get sick and even then it was rare.

It is in fact the motivation for my getting on methadone. It came to a point where i would run out of money borrow money and still barely get high... that made getting on methadone so easy.

Its either an issue of tolerance, purity, or something else but i dont think anyone can tell you via a text box why you arent getting high ;)
It can't be an issue of purity, this past week the heroin ivs been using has all been from the same batch. I just IVed another 30mg so hopefully it works. I haven't used all of my dope, but I do only have 40mg left which I plan on IVing in 10 minutes if I still don't feel much more. God damn this is disappointing though. I can't afford more dope either so looks like I have wd to look forward to as well and I can't even catch a damn nod for my last use...

So that's it then...just injected the last 40mg. Also popped a percoset. Still feel like I don't be getting that nod. Not a single shot missed I know for a fact, and honestly at this point (like 250mg) I'd expect to have OD'd by now, but no...not even the slightest nod. No breathing problems. Nothing, just a slight high. It really is looking like the Etizolam is going to be my last hope but seriously...just wtf. I guess this also means I should expect some pretty bad withdrawals too then if I can't even nod off a quarter of a gram IVed. I can't even describe my disappointment today.

Don't take etizolam, 250mg is quite a hefty dose on its own, but taking etizolam on top of that is asking for trouble.

Man all I can tell you is that last night I took a BUNCH (2 whole bottles, very expensive) of kratom tincture and it did nothing :(

I quit over a month ago and got no wds but the tolerance is still there and it got there over the course of 2 weeks.

This is why opioid addiction sucks.

If it's any consolation i never nod from heroin at all either. I think some people have a natural high tolerance to opiates. I also put it down to my grandfather was a opium smoker.

To be honest i don't bother much with heroin any more as the high is no where as near good as a meth buzz.

Don't take etizolam, 250mg is quite a hefty dose on its own, but taking etizolam on top of that is asking for trouble.
It wouldn't be a full dose, occasionally if I use H and find I didn't get enough in me, but am too lazy to smoke/snort/inject more, I'll take a small dose of Etizolam to potentiate the effects. (Small as in recreationally I'll take 2.6mg, for work or to speed up the day I'll take 1.2mg, for every-day anxiety I'll take 0.6mg, and if I'm using it to potentiate/mix with opiates I'll take 0.3mg). Although I think I might finally be starting to nod so maybe I won't though.

Nods happen because you are tired. If you do it first thing in the morning or throughout the day you are unlikely to nod unless you use fatal od amount. Seriously shadow just quit using it does you no good. You're chasing the dragon and soon it's going to turn it's head around and burn you. Please do good for yourself and quit

What tacodude said^

Actually, I'm not even going to tell you to quit using heroin. Just quit the needle. You've already stated numerous times how disappointed you are. Good, IV is so overhyped imo. At least save your veins and go back to sniffing or smoking it. Hell, you could even plug it. All safer than injecting.

What tacodude said^

Actually, I'm not even going to tell you to quit using heroin. Just quit the needle. You've already stated numerous times how disappointed you are. Good, IV is so overhyped imo. At least save your veins and go back to sniffing or smoking it. Hell, you could even plug it. All safer than injecting.
Oh no I'm not dissatisfied with IVing at all, I'm just disappointed with my tolerance today. I love IVing, it's very fast, easy, convenient, and in my opinion substantially better than any other ROA. IV will most definitely be my go-to ROA from now on. I'm thinking about buying some more coke eventually because I heard that it is phenomenal compared to the typical ROA of insufflating it, and now I know how to use the needle and no longer fear it.

I am sticking true to my word though. Not only did I use all of my dope today, and my last syringe, but I do plan on taking a break and assuming cravings don't become unbearable I will not be buying another bag for a little while. That and I have a doctor's appointment in 10 days so I can get a script for some sleep medication (hopefully benzos. Not to abuse, I just find that they really work for me) for my insomnia. Any idea if my track make might heal by then, or will the doc even care?

Also I finally hit that nod! Not looking forward to withdrawals tomorrow though, hopefully I won't get any since it hasn't even been a week.

Oh ok, I guess I misunderstood. But as for the tolerance, it definitely can rise that fast, especially if you've been addicted before (and you have, right?). Most people are lucky and it takes them months or even years to build a tolerance, others (like myself) build up a tolerance within days. A break is good, but chances are your tolerance will still shoot back up really fast. Dude IV'ing coke is so much worse than heroin though, it's actually caustic to your veins. I mean, people do it from time to time, but that's not an addiction you want to develop. Especially if you want to keep iv'ing the h. And as for tracks, just wear long sleeves. I've never had a doctor ask me to roll up my sleeves if my shirt is thin enough. Good luck, and if you can't get any comfort meds fr, try dxm or weed.

Oh ok, I guess I misunderstood. But as for the tolerance, it definitely can rise that fast, especially if you've been addicted before (and you have, right?). Most people are lucky and it takes them months or even years to build a tolerance, others (like myself) build up a tolerance within days. A break is good, but chances are your tolerance will still shoot back up really fast. Dude IV'ing coke is so much worse than heroin though, it's actually caustic to your veins. I mean, people do it from time to time, but that's not an addiction you want to develop. Especially if you want to keep iv'ing the h. And as for tracks, just wear long sleeves. I've never had a doctor ask me to roll up my sleeves if my shirt is thin enough. Good luck, and if you can't get any comfort meds fr, try dxm or weed.
Weed is very accessible for me, and I do have some, but I only smoke it on rare occasions. Weed tends to be enjoyable only if I'm at a party or with close friends, but even then a majority of the time it drives my anxiety up a wall and I'm unable to enjoy it. Hence the smoking only on occasion. Yes, I have been addicted to heroin before. At one point I'd smoke H several times a day, but that and occasionally snorting were the only ROAs I'd use.

I've tried cocaine and other stims, and I'm not a huge fan of uppers. As such I don't find coke to be addicting at all, nor other uppers. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed coke, it just wasn't really my thing. That being said, I wouldn't make IVing coke a habit. I just want to try it once. For the experience, ya know?

Yeah, I get that. I'm not into uppers at all, in fact I usually hate them, but I still want to try coke for the experience lol. Weed was anxiety inducing at first, then it got really introspective for me and I got used to that so now it's just really chill, but if its just going to make your anxiety worse you obviously don't want that during wd. Though I will say, it helped with the nausea a LOT. Have you tried kava tea? It's really cheap and available at grocery stores (sometimes in the natural section) and was nice for anxiety during withdrawal. All in all though, it hopefully won't be too bad considering you haven't been using for long.

But yeah as for tolerance, I think we're pretty much fucked there. A month long break was sufficient to avoid going into withdrawal after using one night, but my tolerance is definitely still there. :(

^lol wait till you IV high grade meth - you'll crave that high like a muthafucker.

Yeah, I get that. I'm not into uppers at all, in fact I usually hate them, but I still want to try coke for the experience lol. Weed was anxiety inducing at first, then it got really introspective for me and I got used to that so now it's just really chill, but if its just going to make your anxiety worse you obviously don't want that during wd. Though I will say, it helped with the nausea a LOT. Have you tried kava tea? It's really cheap and available at grocery stores (sometimes in the natural section) and was nice for anxiety during withdrawal. All in all though, it hopefully won't be too bad considering you haven't been using for long.

But yeah as for tolerance, I think we're pretty much fucked there. A month long break was sufficient to avoid going into withdrawal after using one night, but my tolerance is definitely still there. :(
I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate uppers, I'm just not a fan of them. As in if I'm offered them for free I'd take them, moreso for motivation or studying than recreationally, but I won't specifically seek them out. I bought a gram of coke not long ago for the same reason as you, the experience, and coke is the one upper I thoroughly enjoyed recreationally. Especially if you do it with a friend/friends (a friend and I were both looking to try it for the experience, but he has only ever smoked weed so I picked some up and we did it together at one point) it also makes for a very nice social drug. Being a downers person I didn't find it addictive at all, nor did I find it fiendish or feel compelled to do line after line after line. I didn't even get any comedown or withdrawal effect from it, it just kind of wore off, so all in all I'd say it was a pretty nice drug and an overall very enjoyable experience, it just isn't worth the money in my opinion. Also on coke try playing a game of darts, accuracy/precision were on point for both me and my friend it was amazing.

I'm kind of the opposite of you, I used to smoke weed daily and never really got much anxiety from it. At some point though, and I'm not sure when, something changed that made it almost always induce some anxiety, sometimes minor sometimes major, and I stopped smoking often. In fact I smoke so little now I'd say it's maybe once a month max, if even that. Usually I only smoke when there's nothing else around, I'll typically choose drinking over smoking (not a huge fan of drinking either but it gets the job done haha). Now that I've discovered a variety downers though I also find it more convenient to be able to just pop a couple pills for an enjoyable high or inject some H. Fast, easy, convenient, more enjoyable, and no intense smell.

As for withdrawals, I'm really really hoping I don't get them at all or at the very least they're very minor since I only started b using again for a short time, but it was also a lot and IV'd. Surprisingly I don't, or at least haven't, experienced any anxiety while withdrawing. I just get major insomnia to the point where I once smoked half a gram of weed and got wasted and still layed in bed the entire night just high/drunk without getting even an hour of sleep (which was just...so indescribably terrible). Luckily I have Etizolam for that though, which works wonders, and if by chance I do experience anxiety I find that Etizolam in smaller doses also works wonders as an anxiolytic. I have tried Kava a couple times. The effects were minor, yet sedating and nice. The taste is definitely unsatisfactory though haha. For the nausea I have zofran, a prescription miracle-drug that prevents pretty much all nausea.

I feel for ya man, after a month clean my tolerance did go down, but only very slightly. Luckily when I fell off the wagon I started with Oxycodone, with which it had been a much longer time since I'd taken that, so my tolerance was down quite a decent amount since I'd only been using H for a while (and while all opiates are cross-tolerant, they aren't proportionally/exactly cross-tolerant if you know what I mean. Something to do with what chemical the particular opiate metabolizes into once it enters your system I believe). Tolerance to Heroin dropped an extremely minute amount though, and rose back to what it was and above very quickly.

See, I get the upper comedown really badly, which makes the high not even worth it for me, but I get what you're saying. Even without the comedown, they wouldn't be my favorite, I guess to me euphoria is associated with sedation and I don't really enjoy it as much any other way. Though I haven't tried any very strong stimulants, I'm never left with that feeling of wanting more. I'm the same way with alcohol too, I'll enjoy it, but only if there's nothing else around. Have you tried any medical kush strains? Least anxiety inducing by far imo, for when you do want to smoke. Also have you tried the yogi brand kava tea? It's not the most incredible taste but it's a lot better than kava root. You're right, it's very subtle, but better than nothing. I'm glad you have etizolam, it really is the shit for insomnia. I didn't have I'm when I was detoxing which sucked pretty hard, but I have severe chronic insomnia regardless and it's the only thing I've taken that has ever worked for that. I wish there was a cure for tolerance. I don't even have a hook up for oxy anymore, and kratom, even the extracts, don't get me high anymore. Luckily I spend too much on weed to afford a heroin habit lol.

And then there are people who use something like kratom or codeine daily for months if not years and never get a crazy high tolerance. I've only been using opiates with any sort regularity since September. Never tried h but I'm at the point where morphine does very little for me at normal doses.

Last edited:
See, I get the upper comedown really badly, which makes the high not even worth it for me, but I get what you're saying. Even without the comedown, they wouldn't be my favorite, I guess to me euphoria is associated with sedation and I don't really enjoy it as much any other way. Though I haven't tried any very strong stimulants, I'm never left with that feeling of wanting more. I'm the same way with alcohol too, I'll enjoy it, but only if there's nothing else around. Have you tried any medical kush strains? Least anxiety inducing by far imo, for when you do want to smoke. Also have you tried the yogi brand kava tea? It's not the most incredible taste but it's a lot better than kava root. You're right, it's very subtle, but better than nothing. I'm glad you have etizolam, it really is the shit for insomnia. I didn't have I'm when I was detoxing which sucked pretty hard, but I have severe chronic insomnia regardless and it's the only thing I've taken that has ever worked for that. I wish there was a cure for tolerance. I don't even have a hook up for oxy anymore, and kratom, even the extracts, don't get me high anymore. Luckily I spend too much on weed to afford a heroin habit lol.

And then there are people who use something like kratom or codeine daily for months if not years and never get a crazy high tolerance. I've only been using opiates with any sort regularity since September. Never tried h but I'm at the point where morphine does very little for me at normal doses.
I'm not in a state that I would have access to any medical strains like that. Also I did get euphoria from coke, I'm just not a huge fan of uppers...its hard go explain. But yeah I've never had any comedown off of any upper/stim I've tried. Even things like caffeine I didn't experience withdrawal or anything after suddenly stopping all caffiene intake years ago. Used to go through liters of soda a week, drinking only soda or tea, and then one day a 4 years ago I decided to stop suddenly and never had an issue. Still haven't drank soda/tea in ages, I really only drink water now. I had Etizolam the first time I tried quitting H but not the second time, and ever since I've had insomnia. Never had much of a problem before that. I have hookups for things like Oxy/Vicoden but they're so incredibly expensive I'd be spending what I pay for a gram of quality heroin for a single night with oxy, so I don't buy them. Which is why I switched to Heroin, the percoset I just found laying around so it was there. Ive only ever had kava from trying it at a friend's place, but I don't really intend on buying any when I can get cheap benzos like Etizolam. The Etizolam is great for withdrawals though, stops RLS and puts me to sleep very quickly. Only issue is that since it's so short lasting I always wake up after about 6 hours of sleep, every time.

None of it matters now. I rear-ended someone due to ice, went home, popped 6mg etizolam, for drunk, told my friends I was going to die and thanked them for being such good people.

One of them came over worried and to make sure I didn't die/tried to talk to me. I eventually passed out and became completely unresponsive. Still breathing, but he took it upon himself to decide my drug problem had gone too far and called my mother and told her everything. She found my Etizolam, dugout, syringes, everything.

Needless to say all drugs are gone and I'm currently being forced into rehab. No phones so I'll be laying low for a while. Good bye for a bit and thank you.

This is exactly what everyone has been telling you. I am glad you did not die and that you had a friend who cares enough to decide on an intervention. Do yourself a favor and do not fight their support but take this as the opportunity to get the help you need, the help everyone has been telling you to get, and really most importantly the help you wanted. We all care for you bro so please for all of us and most importantly yourself be strong and get through this. We are all here rooting you on to a successful recovery and will be glad to give any sorry needed

People care about you shadow don't forget that ever