• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Which rx benzo is the most similar to etizolam?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
I have severe, chronic insomnia (dspd) and nothing I've received from a dr has helped much at all so far. I don't need anything long term, or at least, not anything overly addictive. Cannabis will do just fine. But ever since buying etizolam, I've actually been able to reset my sleep schedule-something I haven't done since my insomnia started at age 12! Problem is, all my vendors seem to be OOS all the time (I only use pillls, not powder). I have a psych already willing to rx sleep aids, but we haven't discusses which.

Question 1) which rx benzo compares to etizolam both in the sedative/hypnotic effect and the short half life (that is rx'd in the us)

2) would mentioning a specific benzo get me labeled as a drug seeker? Honestly, if I wanted to have fun, I'd ask for zolpidem, but I just want to sleep. Still, I feel like asking for a fairly strong benzo might be a bad idea, especially since I have adhd and chronic pain too, but I don't get drugs for that.

1) Alprazolam, Triazolam

2) Mentioning a specific benzo won't necessarily get you labeled as a drug seeker, but it might. all doctors are different, but they all can pretty much tell when somebody is med seeking. its all in what you say, and bluelight doesn't allow threads about how to score drugs/meds.

Damn, I had a long reply typed out and I lost it :(

Anyway, my psych is already willing to rx me something (she's the one who brought up meds) so I'm not worried about that, but would it be better to ask for a short lasting but strong benzo? Or should I just omit the word benzo altogether? She knows I plan to go to school for pharmacology so I can't play dumb, but etizolam, even used sporadically, has changed my life. Plus I've had zero luck with antidepressants as sleeping pills. The best, mirtazapine, just works for my depression. Trazodone gave me what at least felt like a severe cardiac reaction. Oh and also this wouldn't be a long term script so with all that said, what are the chances of being labeled a drug seeker?

Do you have problems falling asleep or staying asleep? If it's the former, is it caused by excessive worrying or simply an inability to fall asleep?

In general, people who have trouble falling asleep because they're worried use Alprazolam, otherwise Zolpidem and Triazolam are usually effective at just knocking people the fuck out.
If your problem is that you're constantly waking up at night, you'd usually go for Temazepam or Zopiclone.
Out of all of these Alprazolam is probably the closest to Etizolam.

With all those there's a significant risk of dependence and addiction (and there *will* be a tolerance buildup), so I'd advise you to keep your benzo dose low and try to augment it with for example melatonin, L-Theanine or an antihistamine.

Edit: As for being labelled a drug seeker, I do believe that in general benzo addicts seem to prefer the long-acting sedative-hypnotic ones. The most "innocent" suggestion is probably Xanax, simply because it's so ubiquitous in the US and well-known as a brand name.

bluelight doesn't allow questions about how to score meds/drugs, fyi. I'd just be really honest and up-front about your needs.

Thanks, yes the issue is just falling asleep. I have delayed sleep phase syndrome so without going into too much detail, my natural circadian rhythm is somewhere around 9 am to 7 pm, which makes my life a living hell. The most I can "adjust" it is when I have a schedule (ie work/school) but that means I'll just be sleep deprived until I can't handle it anymore. I've already got the maintenance bit under control, and but actually shifting it back has so far proven impossible without benzos. I'm hoping this thread is allowed because I don't care at all about scoring, already can, in this case I'm just trying to find the *right* med. Everything other than benzos never actually work in inducing sleep, but the next morning I'm groggy as hell and will sleep 10-12 hours. Etizolam is fast acting and I wake up feeling great.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will mention xanax, I'll just say that my dad uses it or something and it helps him (he has the same sleep disorder too).

I'm mainly terrified of the being labeled a substance abuser because I have a condition that does occasionally require pain meds and don't want to be denied them if I'm in the ER, or if I ever end up requiring getting a small script for breakthrough pain.

Last edited:
Oh, one more thing. How long can I take it for the insomnia without getting addicted? I've read 3 days max but since it has a short half life would a week be ok? Honestly mild wd symptoms wouldn't even bother me if it got my sleep disorder under control.

^i dont think you'll be labeled a substance abuser simply for mentioning a medication that helped your father, and thus, could be beneficial to you as well.