• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

w0w0mg's (once again) at home detox attempt. NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

w0w0mg

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, so I am going to give myself another attempt at an at home detox.

My Background information:
Currently addicted to: benzodiazepines (xanax) and opiates (IV heroin).
Amount of use (daily): Usual dose; 6 mg Alprazolam and 0.5 gram(s) of heroin (IV).
Last Date of Use: Sunday, February 7, 2016 (Today)

Plan of action: Xanax Taper + Suboxone Taper

Day 1: 1 mg xanax x 3 daily and 2 mg of suboxone.
Day 2: 1 mg xanax 2 daily and 2 mg of suboxone.
Day 3: 1 mg xanax 2 daily and 1 mg of suboxone.
Day 4: 1 mg xanax 1 daily and 1 mg of suboxone.
Day 5: 1 mg xanax 1 daily and 0.5 mg of suboxone.
Day 6: 0.5 mg xanax 1 daily and 0.5 mg of suboxone.
Day 7: 0.5 mg xanax 1 daily

If withdrawals are still continuing after above route - additional taper as follows:
[Switch to Kratom only for PAWS/min. WD symptoms]
Day 8 - 10: 4 grams of Kratom (PRN - as needed)
Day 10 - 12: 2 grams of Kratom (PRN - as needed)
Day 12 - 14: 1 gram of Kratom (PRN - as needed)

After day 14 there will be nothing else used besides OTC medicine.
(ie: Advil for aches and Melatonin for anxiety/insomnia)

This is my plan of action and hopefully this will work for me, I will keep you updated on this thread.
Please show me some love and support -
You all have so much impact on helping me getting thru this the last time.
Much love to you all.
Wish me luck on my detox journey.

You know we want to see you on the other side wOw. Good luck to you, and stay strong. You can do this. <3

Thank you. I just hope i dont take the suboxone too early.. my last dose of heroin was 6pm. Would it be safe to take it 12 to 16 hours From last dose without of throwing myself into PWD?

I can't answer your above question. I do want you to know my heart and mind are with you a lot of people I know get help from 12step help groups. I have an addiction to opiates and benzos and I am being forced in to quitting. It is probably time so I hope you think of me too.

for someone in your situation, no waiting 12-16 hours will NOT be enough...

have you considered long term sub or meth maintenance? it beats the insane cycle of use, detox, relapse over and over and over again... why torture yourself? Im not judging you or don't mean to sound like an asshole, but it doesn't seem like you can beat this on your on. Im just trying to help.

Sub maintence has given me my life back I love it, yes I still crave D once in a while and I have developed a horrible addiction to crack, BUT its better than having to deal with withdrawals all the time and nothing in the world is worth than withdrawals.

Hey everyone just an update;
I was sort of scared about taking the suboxone too early so I only took 0.5 mg of suboxone and it seemed to not put me into any PWD.
I am still going to try and wait until tonight to take anymore.
I have only taken 1 mg of xanax today so far.
I will keep you all up to date.

is getting on suboxone from a doctor an option for you? it might be a good option for you

I would but have no insurance and could not afford it..

I have not been around for the same reason lots of people take few days off lol...I relapsed that last time with oxy's and after that made it a whole week with lopermide taper. Today I was given a few days worth of hydro's and we all know how that story ends. After this time I know I will get clean again because no more money and my friend wont have any either. I managed to get some tramadol and will use them with lopermide, so that should do the trick. I guess I wanted to wish you luck dude and say as far as NA if you are like me I completely understand you're POV if you are not interested in that. Not that I'm an expert on anything but I feel like when I've done this so many times sometimes its just about getting my ass in gear and maybe its a little self empowerment thing like I got myself into this and I have gotten myself out before so that is what will happen. Relapses will happen we are all only human and the cycle is vicious no doubt maybe, that is part of what makes me stop finally for long periods of time. I just want to say I KNOW you can do this and by yourself like last time some people are just like that I know you are tough enough to do this. Best wishes to you man and that you realize you have the willpower to do this you've done it a million times I'm sure if you are like me. Here's hoping when you do this time you follow through like we know you can. For what its worth from a like minded addict..Best Wishes

P.S This meant to be no offense to NA people..Just strictly IMO from my own experiences.

Good luck, w0w. You haven't been using xanax daily for long, have you? I just kicked a 6-8mg a day habit rather quick myself, and almost painlessly. Granted I was only taking that dose for about a month and a half. Before that I was taking lower doses for a couple months. I was on it for no more than 4 months total. I tapered down to 2mgs for 4 days, then to 1mg for 4 days, then .5mgs for 4 days. I didn't really notice much of anything as far as withdrawal symptoms.

Best wishes. STICK TO IT, BRO!!!!

Thanks everyone - I haven't been taking the xanax for a long time but I was taking such high doses I would notice WD symptoms (I have been addicted to benzos in the past, no fun)

Today I have taken 2 mg of suboxone and I am going to try to just take 0.5mg of xanax for right now until the suboxone has kicked in and see how it makes me feel.

So today I had to go to court which made me so anxious I ended up taking 2 mg of suboxone and 2 mg of xanax to make sure I was okay and was not a nervous wreck or too sick.
I am running low on the suboxone I have and I can not get any more.
I have roughly 2 mg left and my taper isn't going so well due to the fact when I start feeling horrible I take a little more each time.
Same issue with the xanax - I keep catching myself taking only .5 mg at a time but I would take multiple times.
I am just starting to get really scared because I am dreading the withdrawals of both opiates and benzos and I know it's coming.

Also, I pretty much violated my probation because I had to plea guilty to the charge I had due to the fact the 'witness' (JCPenny employee) actually came,
when my lawyer said it would be dismissed because the chances of them coming were very slim. OF course my luck they did come. Luckily, they gave me time served
due to the fact I spent a little time in jail before I got bonded out. I just need to pay court costs within 30 days (280$USD) and I am currently unemployed.
I just switched my probation to a new city and never even met my new probation officer, so I am so scared when I do come in for my visit - out comes the hand cuffs!

The stress is so over whelming and me starting to get dope sick again and running out of xanax is having me in a panic.
I can't afford to use again because I failed my last drug test and I am sure if I fail this one, it's over for me.
The thing I can't just straight cold turkey is the benzos and I know it's going to take some time but I am so afraid that
I will fail a drug test and be put in jail I feel like I am running out of options here. I do not even have an appointment to see my probation officer,
so it could be any day I could get a call to come in. This is so frustrating and I feel so lost. I don't want to go to jail for 18 months, but I feel like it's looking pretty inevitable.

I forgot to mention that I am already on probation for theft and gotten a new charge/conviction - this is what is making me worried so much. I violated the terms of my probation and I am scared they are going to send me straight to jail until my probation violation court date. I just want to go to rehab or something if they would let me. please know, I am not asking for any legal advice or anything, I am simply just venting. Sorry for the rambling and such - I am just a nervous wreck.

I wish you the best of luck - that's a tough situation. Is there anyway you can check into a treatment facility asap to possibly mitigate the legal issues? Have you been in communication with WTC, and if yes, can they possibly submit you on an emergency basis? I don't have any decent advice as your situation is outside of my experience. However, keep in mind there is only so much you can control - just do what you can and don't stress (I know, easier said than done). It will work itself out.

I no longer have insurance and WTC without insurance is like 1500$ per day. I could not afford that at all.. :(

Even tho I know you are venting I wish I could help you a little more somehow. I see your problem as you say its kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't. Praying for the best possible outcome for you bro..

Update......
I could not take the stress and thought I was going to jail because my PO called saying she was stopping by.
Even though I was on suboxone, I attempted to IV about half of gram of heroin and barely felt it. I did not even go to jail because the violation warrant has not been issued yet apparently.
I am a lost cause. I am hopeless. I am nothing. I can't take this anymore. I wasted 200$ when that could have been given to my girlfriend.
I need to go to rehab, I have no other option, I do not have insurance. I am looking for a detox center.
I hate my life. I hate my life. I hate my life. I want to die.

I really hope you find the help you need. You sound so alone and desperate. Don't give up trying until you have recovered. Get your life back. Give your girlfriend the life you know she deserves. Still in my thoughts and prayers x

If you really want to get clean and go to rehab, go to a treatment center that does intake/assessments twenty four seven and tell them u want to die you feel so miserable.. they have to keep you for 48 hours, then you could probably get something like mobile crisis(I don't know what is in your area but most places have something like that nowadays)..... Beware when you say you want to die, you will be giving up your freedom for 2 days.... You could also tell the judge in court u need rehad not jail and they will be able to put you somewhere, may not be the best treatment center but it will be something.although, I've been to five and learned something different from each one... The most I learned was actually from my suboxone clinic.... Try to get on Obama care and get that.... It was awesome and I'd still be going to those classes if I could, they did acupuncture and mindfulness and all kind of cool shit, plus I was on subs so I was much more receptive to what people were telling me. When I go to hardcore rehab where they frown upon Advil, I can't hear a word, I'm just stuck in my own personal hell in my head....im accepting that I've been using opiates to long at this point to just detox and be ok two weeks later, it just doesn't happen. I have paws that last a year at least, I don't know how much longer they would have gone on since I relapsed at a year clean.... I'm saving up to get on methadone BC it handles my craving better and it is cheaper than subs out of pocket.... I know withdrawals from methadone sux ass but at this point I wouldn't care if I was on opiate maintenance for the rest of my life; it feels sad to admit but I really don't think I will ever be happy without help.... I have royally fucked up my brain chemistry and I just want to be normal again, but ill never be the way I used to be..... I have learned to accept that..... I'm sorry you in such a tight spot, it sucks they treat people that are sick like pieces of shit without even knowing us(definitely been there) Hope I gave you some ideas, the most cliche thing I could say to end my essay-"this too shall pass!"
Good luck
Keep us posted
Ziebug

Last edited: