• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Tripenellamine effect , intravenous partial agonist opioids with cholinergics

bingey

Bluelight Crew
Perhaps the best place to start would be the T&blues epidemic , an opioid mixed agonist/antagonist pentazocine which is well known for causing dysphoria in recreational doses and therefore barely abused turned into a highly sought after drug of abuse once a combination preparation with the anti-cholinergic trippenelamine was released on the market and subsequently diverted by the narcotic aficionados of the time and used by dissolving the pills in water and injecting the resulting solution .

The rush was said to be beter than that of Some full agonist opiods such as heroin. I think this is not just nostalgia such as with many old drugs (i.e. Qualudes and also inferior heroin quality back in the day does not mean we should not believe these old anecdotes..

In some European countries subutex is a lot more available than quality heroin (France,sweden) and intravenous use of buprenorphine is commonplace. Together with jcrest another bluelighter I was one of these abusers. Tripenellamine was pulled off the market a long time ago due to it"s abuse but other cholinergics such as hydroxyzine were a fine remplacerend.

The strange thing is bupe gives no rush when injected in itself but my maintenance dose plus a small dose of the cholinergics would gives very strong and physical rush very similar to that of a full agonist. I experimented and it only works when the 2 drugs were administered at the same time.

Also note that I tried numerous cholinergics and the effects were noticeably different when changing the cholinergics used ;with promethazine which is very sedating the effects were so-so ;it dulled the euphoria of the rush but still worked.

Hydroxyzine at a 25-40 Mg was my standaard making for a rush allmost as pleasuranle as hero.

However Alimemazine a cholinergic prescribed as a hypnotic in 5 Mg pills made for a rush that is better than heroin imo.

Now Tripenellamine i have never tried but I can only dream about how good it must be in combination with bupe.

I was hoping you guys could perhaps analyze binding profiles of various cholinergics drugs and explain whIch ones are promising as a replacement for Tripenellamine. And also how this neat trick works. On a side note it does not work with full agonists it will only add to overall sedation.

Thanks in advance(d

Mixed with M it's called 'Blue Velvet' Diconal had a similar effect. People will shoot the tripelennamine alone if they run out of M.... until they have a tonic-clonic seizure. A bad life-choice IMO.

Apparently both tripenellamine and hydroxyzine are ethylediamine derivatives . I wonder if alimemazine is as well and how their structure differs from other anti-histamines such as promethazine or cinnarizine.

Diconal contains cyclizine, it is however I believe a full agonist and probably gives a nice rush on it"s own (this is speculation only came across it once and it was too expensive to invest in.

Funny thing is Tripenellamine is otc where I live unfortunately it's 20 mg in a topical creme or stick for insect bites and an extraction daunts me.i

From Wikipedia : This use of tripelennamine with mixed agonist–antagonist opioids such as pentazocine, phenazocine, dezocine, butorphanol (Stadol), buprenorphine (Temgesic, Subutex), nalbuphine (Nubain) and others has results that make it appear that the antihistamine changes the receptor-activation profile of these drugs in a way that makes them more euphoric, but it is unknown if tripelennamine operates in this way in a true, literal sense or if increased dopamine levels counteract the dysphoric action of antagonists and drugs affecting the kappa opioid receptor in particular, and to an unclear extent pure agonists with dysphoria-inducing metabolites such as pethidine (Dolantin, Demerol) and its relatives. The relatively small degree of additive anticholinergic action make non-parenteral analogues of Blue Velvet using opium-belladonna combinations feasible and all the more euphoric. Tripelennamine and drugs of the same type of course do not counteract the effects of the naloxone which is added to pentazocine tablets in some countries to discourage injection.

Last edited:
cyclizine and heroin is a fantastic rush. however the hcl salt in the tablets is practically insoluble in water, hence people crush and inject the whole pill mixture along with the opioid with a large needle that won't clog.

needless to say this is very dangerous. there are cyclizine lactate 50mg/ml ampoules but i can't imagine getting my hands on some would be easy. it is quite elementary ;) to isolate cyclizine base from the pill mix and then salt it with lactate acid or citric acid which will also work. just remember citric acid is a tribasic acid so when protonating the base only 0.3 moles is required to salt 1 mole of base. far healthier!!

we can get travel sickness tablets here that are scopolamine 300 micrograms.. not hyoscine butylhydrobromide like buscopan but actual hyoscine (scopolamine) that is an anti-cholinergic. It certainly adds to the nod and effect of the gear if you take 3-5 tablets orally. I IV'd half a tablet (they are melt in your mouth - not good to shoot i imagine). The problem is I think the oral bioavailability of scopolamine is quite low, so injecting a dose similar to an oral dose that i mention earlier could be deadly and turn into one of those horror delirium datura trips that you hear about. Im just not sure about a proper or acceptable dose of IV scopolamine.

Last edited:
the russian and friends inject tropicamide or naphazoline to enhance the rush of heroin or elektroshirka (krokodil). one is an anti-cholinergic the other is an alpha-adreic agonist or antagonist. id like to use clonidine or tizanidine IV, or soma orally. We can get naphazoline here in eye drops but it also contains witch hazel as an active ingredient, along with a host of excipients:
Benzalkonium Chloride Solution
Disodium Edetate
Boric Acid
Borax
Glycerol
Sodium Hydroxide (for pH adjustment)
Hydrochloric Acid (for pH adjustment)
Ethanol (component of distilled witch hazel)
Purified Water

I cannot imagine this is ok to inject, how harmful it is i do not know because i do not intend to inject it, and i suspect it is the wrong kind of adrenic drug..

what is the difference between the adrenic drugs naphazoline or xylometalozine and clonidine. I would appreciate if someone could spell it out for me.

an afterthought, could the naphazoline eye drop solution be useful for opiate users if ingested orally or plugged.

Diconal, Heroin & Cocaine are the only 3 drugs that require a Home Office Licence to use for detox. In the words of Peter McDermott 'if Heroin is the holy grail, Diconal is the lost ark of the covenant. For all IV users who have tried this drug, it immediately becomes the drug of choice. When they out of Diconal, users will repeatedly inject cyclizine which leads to a high rate of grand-mal' (note: Now called Tonic Clonic) seizures. The silicon in the binders turns your veins as hard as glass and leads to a high-rate of Deep-Vein Thrombosis.

This drug Was also available in Australia with the same results.

Like I said - not a good life choice.

Last edited:
what is the difference between the adrenic drugs naphazoline or xylometalozine and clonidine. I would appreciate if someone could spell it out for me.

There are two families of adrenergic receptors (alpha and beta), each having multiple subtypes. Naphazoline is an agonist of the alpha-1 subtype, which induces vasoconstriction (a reduction of blood flow, hence why it acts as a decongestant). Clonidine acts as an agonist of the alpha-2 subtype. One of the actions of alpha-2 receptors in the brain is to "shut off" norepinephrine release. Norepinephrine release contributes to some of the symptoms of opioid withdrawal, so clonidine can reduce the severity of withdrawal because it activates alpha-2 receptors in the brain.

^thanks.

So really naphazoline should have no positive effects upon administration with an opioid? Perhaps it is used just because it is an affordable? source of sterile solution as well as a nice glass vial to use as a cooker for base heroin.

I feel this thread is becoming a DIY destruction kit, but for completeness, the Russians also mix opioids with Coaxil (Tianeptine) which isn't very soluble so they IV with a hot solution. It solidifies, work it out.

the pills are 12.5mg in dose AND YOU NEED TO INJECT LIKE 100MG with little tolerqnce. large solution poorly filtered = recipie frr disaster

Let's keep it simple. Opioids can be VERY destructive. Mixing them with 1st antihistamines has sent someone who was a functional addict (maintains job, doesn't spend a large proportion of their income on the drug(s)) into a total train wreck inside 10 weeks (on average, using Diconal as the one I have the most experience of observing). As people have discovered, basically ALL 1st generation antihistamines can and are abused alone but as someone mentioned CC cyclimorph, I defy anyone not to destroy their own life and that of those around them in short order.

What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence. - LW

So - those who have tried it know more than me, I can only speak of what I have seen.

Bad life choice (IMO).

Thanks for your contribution we leave life choices such as religion up to ourselfves

word on the playground is that the old school antihistamine/anticholinergics that have fairly broad spectrum effects are "the shit" when mixed with opioids... tripelennamine, meclizine, cyclizine, orphenadrine, etc. even good old diphenhydramine or promethazine.
also taking these cmpds will also help with nausea, itching etc allowing a much better quality experience than opioids alone. if you get the dose right.
given that these cmpds can be monoamine reuptake inhibitors/dopamine receptor agonists as well (although weak), i'd imagine it all adds up to a good time eventually

Just to get this straight: does the OP mean "cholingergics" or ANTI-cholinergics? There's a bit of a difference there.

And hydroxyzine is neither. It's an anti-histamine, with very weak anti-cholinergic effect. So, is it the anti-histamine-effect. or the anti-cholinergic effect, that boosts opioids?