European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Poppy seed tea in Europe

polymath

Bluelight Crew
I know we can't discuss sources, but as a general question, have any of you ever tried to obtain large amounts of poppy seeds and make tea from them? The Americans seem to be able to buy large packages of seeds from Wal-Mart or other stores and the seeds there are potent enough that 400g of seeds have enough morphine in them to get one high... At least here in Finland you have to order the seeds online if you want large amounts, and they are not very potent, you need a kilogram to get high.

I've made poppy seed tea a couple of times and it was quite fun, but the ratio of buzz/price is too low to make regular use possible. Maybe it's better that way, I haven't gotten opiate addicted because I can't get my hands on opies very often.

I've bought packets of poppy seeds from supermarkets and made tea. Did I get a buzz? Did I fuck. Doesn't mean it won't work though - at the time I was reducing on methadone so I really wasn't expecting much - guess I was just clutching at straws ;)

Yeh, I know, that joke would have worked much better regarding poppy pods, but ya gotta seize the opportunity...

Joking aside, what I said is true. Whether it's possible for opiate naive people to get high off poppy seeds in the UK is debatable...

^ I actually did get a buzz from tea made of 1kg of seeds. Sedation, slight loss of coordination, relief from anxiety and also the typical opioid side effects like nausea and dry mouth. Only other opioids I have ever taken are codeine and tramadol, though, so I can't compare the tea to something like heroin or methadone.

In australia we have stores that sell poppy seeds in huge sacks. You scoop as much as you want into a big bag.
From memory i would pay about $5/kg.
I used to make tea a lot - i once got very sick from taking somewhere between 500g and 1kg.
The seeds are grown here (in Tasmania) - so i can't comment on the situation in Europe - but poppy seed tea can be really strong.
In my experience any less than 200g isn't really worth it - but the amount of alkaloids on the outside of the seeds can vary wildly.

Your method can make a big difference - don't soak the seeds, use cold water (or juice, for taste) - and agitate/stir the shit out of your seed/liquid mix.
I found that soaking the seeds can saturate them, which will suck up some of the solution.
The faster you wash then strain the seeds, the better. I used to do 3 washes, and it often seemed that the 2nd and 3rd washes were at least as strong (if not stronger) than the first.
So...seed quality is hit and miss, and technique can make all the difference.
A lot of fucking around if you can't get seeds easily or cheaply.
Over here it is ridiculously cheap and easy, for something so addictive.

A word of warning to anyone thinking of trying this - do not underestimate the strength of the seeds. Effects can take quite a whole to peak, so titrate your dose slowly. Taking too much PST is fucking unpleasant, and can make you feel like shitty for a couple of days.
Long half-life. So take it easy, and assume the seeds are strong, rather than weak.
Even here in australia where they are plentiful and available from heaps of different places, quality is highly variable. Strong and so weak as to be effectively useless.
So take it slowly and don't gulp down a huge dose before you have some idea how strong thw batch is.
If the seeds are 'weak', it can just mean they have already had the alkaloids washed off them, but i've found that most of them are still viable - so if they're not much use for PST, just chuck them in a your backyard or a patch of dirt and grow some pretty poppies ;)

How big would a cup of tea made from a fucking KILO of seeds be? Ive never even seen poppy seeds before but that sounds more like a vat than a cup :)

It's more accurately called "poppy seed wash" than "poppy seed tea" - but you need to use at least enough water to submerge all the seeds - and the way i did it, anyway - multiply that by three.
A dose would usually end up with between a litre and two litres of water - but some prefer to do the subsequent re-washes with the same liquid each time (if that makes sense?)
Basically if i was doing a 500g batch, i'd use ~500ml of liquid for each wash.
It can actually be pretty fucking strong. Definitely not something to dose carelessly, or mix with other CNS depressants. There have certainly been deaths reported which implicate PST in combination with benzos.

0.7-1.3ml/g seed matter is the ideal value in my experience. If correctly acidified and agitated for the optimum time period a litre of Tea from 1kg of seeds would bowl most over.
The variability in coating is obscene and uncontrollable, but poor technique and carelessness are responsible for massively reduced alkaloid content and increased lipid leaching.

^ indeed.
I sadly perfected this process to a fine art. Tasted good, got you very stoned with the right batch, easy to find (here) and pretty economical (especially considering that 0.1g of H goes for $50-100 in australia).

Bloody dangerous combination when it comes to highly addictive narcotics that can be purchased from a supermarket with a bit of spare change.

^ indeed.
I sadly perfected this process to a fine art. Tasted good, got you very stoned with the right batch, easy to find (here) and pretty economical (especially considering that 0.1g of H goes for $50-100 in australia).

Bloody dangerous combination when it comes to highly addictive narcotics that can be purchased from a supermarket with a bit of spare change.

I may or may not have spent several years addicted to the shit....

For me the high of PT is completely unique: the fats, carbohydrates, starches and proteins slow the rate of absorption but increase the probability of the alkaloids reaching the neural Mu system while the mix of 27 opioids provide an exceptionally rounded effect profile with every sub-unit getting tickled, along with the time-dependent competitive inhibition and induction of hepatic catabolic enzymes to produce up to 18 hours of the solidly euphoric dance with the devil by the name of Morpheus. <3

If you want to buy a proper,active seeds first of all you have to check country of origin on the label. Poppy seeds from Spain and France are the only one that could possibly work at the moment. Just 2 years ago almost each Czech Republic seeds weer active and quite strong but something have changed after EU released a new policy about alkaloid level in poppy seeds and reducing alkaloids content from seeds recommendation and literally all Czech seeds become inactive almost overnight... Here in my country (central/east EU) we thought and believed it was just temporarily issue but after 12 months we started understand and after 2 years we finally accepted this new unfair situation... Anyway thanks to Spain and France we're still able to drink a tea but finding seeds is not so easy like before with Czech. Here in my place poppy seeds are sold in each grocery store..they're everywhere literally. Price vary from $2 to $4 for 500g With good seeds 500g gives you 12h or great high. But quality is the issue as well. With Czech seeds we had like 10 different brands and 6-7 of them were active.I could always choose stronger one over weak but now we got just one brand of Spain and one of France and that's all. Sometimes (often) they're weak as f*** and I need 2-3kg daily to feel and be there where I was using strong Czech seeds...
Anyway - good and beautiful times with PST in Europe are almost gone. With new EU recommendation about poppy seeds alkaloid level it's hard and hard to find working seeds and I'm sure it's only matter of time when Spain&France gone as well as Czech

If you want to buy a proper,active seeds first of all you have to check country of origin on the label. Poppy seeds from Spain and France are the only one that could possibly work at the moment. Just 2 years ago almost each Czech Republic seeds weer active and quite strong but something have changed after EU released a new policy about alkaloid level in poppy seeds and reducing alkaloids content from seeds recommendation and literally all Czech seeds become inactive almost overnight... Here in my country (central/east EU) we thought and believed it was just temporarily issue but after 12 months we started understand and after 2 years we finally accepted this new unfair situation... Anyway thanks to Spain and France we're still able to drink a tea but finding seeds is not so easy like before with Czech. Here in my place poppy seeds are sold in each grocery store..they're everywhere literally. Price vary from $2 to $4 for 500g With good seeds 500g gives you 12h or great high. But quality is the issue as well. With Czech seeds we had like 10 different brands and 6-7 of them were active.I could always choose stronger one over weak but now we got just one brand of Spain and one of France and that's all. Sometimes (often) they're weak as f*** and I need 2-3kg daily to feel and be there where I was using strong Czech seeds...
Anyway - good and beautiful times with PST in Europe are almost gone. With new EU recommendation about poppy seeds alkaloid level it's hard and hard to find working seeds and I'm sure it's only matter of time when Spain&France gone as well as Czech

can you obtain dried pods? Much more worthwhile than trying with seeds I think because at least you know the pods have what you're looking for in them, but you just have no idea with seeds

Hello ,
this is my first post :)
ive been using this site for probably 10 years at least but this is the first time I've posted to ask a question rather than search for answers.

I'm familiar with CWE ( Codiene) and other drugs and realise his is an old post but maybe someone can help , I've managed to get hold ( online but a reviewer said good strong tea with a wink) from a large online retailer of one kilo of blue poppy seeds unwashed but really not sure on the washing or dosage ? They have turkey as the origin if that's a help .

i have a high tolerance and can go around 350 mg codeine and be happy/ chilled, not everyday at all but just to chill sometimes , I have rather a large cabinet of Benzo's and sleeping tablets .

if posted in the wrong place please remove or change thanks in advance .

ive been in a tiz a number of times and these boards have helped me so much so thank you everyone .

I'd like to try tonight , it's 6pm here uk x

Hard to give you any advice rather than just be careful. As has already been said, the alkaloid residue on seeds can vary enormously. If they truly are unwashed seeds then the effect off a kilo could be very strong. Add a little lemon juice to the hot water and steep the seeds for as long as you can wait. Please don't mix with any of your 'large cabinet of benzos and sleeping tablets'.

Hard to give you any advice rather than just be careful. As has already been said, the alkaloid residue on seeds can vary enormously. If they truly are unwashed seeds then the effect off a kilo could be very strong. Add a little lemon juice to the hot water and steep the seeds for as long as you can wait. Please don't mix with any of your 'large cabinet of benzos and sleeping tablets'.

Thank you , no I wondered if I did say half ? And see if anything happens lol nope won't mix anything from my large collection ( it's only a cupboard with Benzo's and Codiene etc ) do you drink it all at once because it's hard to re-dose Codiene , I know they're different , but unsure as how to gauge it , is it best to drink in one go lol ?

otherwise I might be fubar posting myself , cheers and thanks

Don't soak them. The seeds swell up and release foul tasting oils, and also absorb your poppy tea solution.
Seed tea is better known as "seed wash". Best way to do it is to soak the seeds very briefly (less than a minute) and agitate furiously (shake or stir) then strain.
Careful though, its a terrible thing to get hooked on. Withdrawals are like methadone or something - they can last upwards of a month, and you can buy the seeds in lots of places (st least you can where i live) so you sort of can't escape it.

I think half a kilo is the right dose to start with...

Oh well done Spacejunk thanks ...and just a quick question can you drink and top up as you go along or best drink all at once like a cwe , don't think I'll do tonight as have had a couple of glasses of red now , might have a lazy day in tomorrow instead , thanks again , I'd of been on here sooner but it's taken me rather a long time to remember my username etc ....must of been off my face to come up with that one !

Kilo done and swallowed about an hour ago , chillin' in bed , reckon these are pretty ok dark navy nearly black, unwashed as had bits of plant matter in the bag and smell quite earthy.

water went quite a decent brown colour , it's been about an hour so I'll see , feeling relaxed at the moment and a little itchy so taken an antihistamine .

Don't soak them. The seeds swell up and release foul tasting oils, and also absorb your poppy tea solution.
Seed tea is better known as "seed wash". Best way to do it is to soak the seeds very briefly (less than a minute) and agitate furiously (shake or stir) then strain.

Oops, my bad. Cheers Spacejunk - I'm not familiar with seeds tbh, but what you say makes sense. After all, the seeds themselves don't actually contain any active alkaloids so all you need to do is wash the residues (if any) off the seeds.

Hi, mine came from turkey bought in uk and I did half a kilo not a whole one that was a typo I saw today , I bought a kilo , anyway took in the morning had a day dreamy morning yesterday then nodded for a fair few hours , finished one cup that was left over this morning early and nodded quite heavily until lunchtime , tried getting up but just laid back down and before I knew it couple more hours had past.

Won't be doing again for a bit , did kind of sweat and could smell a funny smell on my skin, a bit like I've had after doing too many cwe's but otherwise feel fine / normal now .

Last edited: