Iv crack nightmare

Seanjay

Bluelighter
I've been using my arms and hands to Iv crack mainly my left hand and after last night's session it is now a tad swollen and there is a tightness when clenching, I hope it's not another abscess, anything I can do to check or ease it? For the sake of hr I don't suggest Iving vinegar or crack. Thank you fellow bl'rs

Did you hit an artery? When particulate matter enters an artery it flows towards the extremities instead of to the heart, the veins and blood vessels get smaller and smaller and they can get clogged and cut off blood flow to the fingers or hand and cause gangrene. Cocaine is also a vasoconstricter and a calcium channel blocker, this can lead to necrosis. To demonstrate this we can look at deviated septums (a hole right through the septum and also when cocaine is injected subcutaneously or a shot is missed continuously in the same spot over time it can cause the skin to die and create patchy scars. Cocaine is also commonly cut with levamisol which has been known to increase cardiovascular issues substantially and cause gangrene.

I'm definitely not saying that this is what is happening to you, there could be many different causes. I remember when I did a shot in my hand and it went numb and swelled up and turned red, it took a couple weeks to go back to normal. I was taking antibiotics and soaking the hand in hot water continuously to either kill infection or increase blood flow if there was a blockage. It went away on it's own but this is unadvisable as waiting and just betting on it being an infection and that the anti-biotics that I was using would be effective against whatever infection there may or may not have been, was a gamble and it definitely could have cost me my hand. Wait a bit and if it is getting worse or not getting better, you should go get it checked out ASAP, it's humiliating going to the hospital for IV drug use complications and most doctors and nurses will be rude to you but it's a small price to pay compared to the potential consequences that inaction could cost you.