• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Valentines Day Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure 2/24 is the last day i will take methadone in my life. I am currently dropping to 8mg tomorrow, I have my final meeting with my counselor, and in 2 weeks from tomorrow i will be down to 4mg (the lowest dose i can be on) after a week at that level I am going to never come back. Then I can start looking for a new job! Never got take homes as I work 2 miles away from the clinic i attend I didnt see the point of jumping through hoops when I had planned on being off in a short amount of time, 15 months later and here we are almost done!

Heres to a "new life" I guess but thanks to the methadone program its not so much a new life as I am already accustom to not doing opiates and leading a normal life. The major difference is I have had to keep this job for 4 years as i have been using hard drugs pretty much that whole time, now that i am clean I already have an interview for a job that starts on 3/6 if i get it i will be normal by then. If i dont i will start looking at that time as i need to wait till after the methadone is done, not sure how i will handle 0 though i never felt any withdrawal getting from 90mg to here in about 6ish months. I am actually excited for my life for once! :)

Not had any alcohol since 2 glasses of champagne at new year. Before that not for a month either.

Feel like now i will probably only ever use alcohol or MDMA socially once every couple of months. The only drug that I can take regularly without problems is weed, it is medicine really i believe :)

Starting day 68 of no opiates/heroin. It's so fucking crazy I'm already almost at 70 days...tripping me the fuck out tbh. I'm still getting these intense, like physical cravings occasionally. Usually like once a week at least. Sigh... I'm starting to realize this is going to be an everlasting thing for me. I'm like actually going to be dealing and struggling with this everyday for the rest of my being -_- kinda frustrating to think of, I just want to be cured and fixed already haha %)
Oh well, I'm just hoping that February is a better month for this chick. I can't handle another month mentally like January. Which it's off to a better start, and plus this is the month. We are in single digits on the countdown clock =D 9 more days <3 I can't believe that it's finally this time.

<3
EXjg

29 days of no opiates!!

Feeling like a persona again. Living my life as I want to, not according to my next pill!

Blessings

Day 33 of the year 2016 =D Only eight days to go (I start counting tomorrow) <3 may we be generous with ourselves and those we love, and continue making the progress we desire :)

16 days sober..

I think I forgot what normal felt like, I haven't gone this long without abusing some kind of drug in so many years. What do you guys do when you're craving pretty hard? I'm feeling pretty good but I just have this itch I can only seem to scratch with a healthy dose of chaos :X

16 days sober..

I think I forgot what normal felt like, I haven't gone this long without abusing some kind of drug in so many years. What do you guys do when you're craving pretty hard? I'm feeling pretty good but I just have this itch I can only seem to scratch with a healthy dose of chaos :X

I like to write :D

The month is off to an excellent start. Went sailing last Sunday (bought a new sailboat last week) and discovered my sailing skills hadn't deteriorated that badly. Kind of like riding a bike. Tuesday I led a 8 mile kayaking trip down a wild and woolly local river. It had been foggy early that morning, and we hit the water before the fog had entirely burned off. The light fog that remained filtered the sunlight (the sun can be very harsh in Florida) and gave the landscape a softer look, almost like a real-life impressionist painting. Going kayaking again on a remote creek about 45-60 minutes away again on Sunday. Also go cycling regularly with a friend who is in recovery from crack cocaine addiction with six years clean. We were airing up our bike tires and some guy came up to us and asked us if we wanted to buy some pills. She cracked me up by responding (in her Northern English accent), "just fresh air and exercise for me, thanks."

Sober life is good. Even though I'm still having to do battle with my ex wife and the judge that's been assigned to the case is apparently shit (according to my lawyer), being high on life is still better than being high on psychoactive substances. I haven't been this happy or had peace of mind to this degree in a long time.

20hu83q.jpg

I don't have nearly as much time sober as all of you but I am at day 6 and am starting to feel pretty positive about it! Thanks for all the inspiration!!!

Welcome Jennbenn, congratulations on your newfound sobriety! Just remember it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for a while and be ready for those days when you feel like shit and want to go back to using. It's a lot easier to deal with when you know those days are coming. Just remember the hell that addiction is and you'll do just fine. Best of luck to you.

Thanks so much ? Really quick question... today was the first night out of the house since detox and WOW are the lights a lot brighter and I almost feel as if I am in a fog or even for lack of a better term 'high'. Is this normal???

Thanks so much  Really quick question... today was the first night out of the house since detox and WOW are the lights a lot brighter and I almost feel as if I am in a fog or even for lack of a better term 'high'. Is this normal???

I think it's normal. Even though you were discharged from detox, you're probably still experiencing the last of your acute withdrawal symptoms. For me, I usually felt the effects of acute withdrawal (depending on how much I drank and used) anywhere from 5-10 days after I stopped.

Thanks so much &#55357;&#56842; Really quick question... today was the first night out of the house since detox and WOW are the lights a lot brighter and I almost feel as if I am in a fog or even for lack of a better term 'high'. Is this normal???

It is likely to be expected.

Congratulations on your progress. :)

Just finished my 2nd 5th step and it was easily one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had. I will have to get into it more later, but I am so glad I am still working the steps (even after doing "all 12" already). This one left me in sobs of joy and forgiveness.

Also, the ex that I struggled with losing almost a year ago due to her relapsing is still clean and is starting to reach back out to me. Did so last night... very odd timing.

I did get in a brief fling with someone at work but that is over, the sex was fucking phenomenal, but she wanted more then that and I cannot provide it.

Getting very close to One year and 9 months. I have been super busy with work, grad school, meetings and an internship but I am going to try to start posting more regularly again. What I can say is my decision to return to working the 12 steps and committing to total abstinence (and no I am not talking about prescribed meds) has give me the best years of my adult life bar none. BL is full of my attempts to moderate my drinking and using, turns out I cannot. When I think back and realize just how many substances I was hooked on (many physically) it astounds me that I made it. I literally had to ingest chemicals in order from preventing my body from spazzing out and harming itself. And I wasn't someone who got drunk and high every night, but I was someone who had to "maintain" every night. The real shit is when it stops working... then you are really fucked and boy was I.

No V-Day this year, maybe go to some AA event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.