• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What Are You Reading V.3 At The Fourth Grade Level

As a Biologist it's against the law for me to not appreciate Kauffman's work. ;)

A must have for anyone looking to get into psychedelics
12642766_905211052927188_8667212909215508858_n.jpg

I'm reading a book named "Spill, simmer, falter, wither" or something similar, which an older sister gave me.

Bit offbeat, story of a guy and a mutt he comes across. Slightly disturbing undercurrents in the story.

i dont particularly care about russia, but its history - in the truest sense of the word - is indeed epic

i dont particularly care about russia, but its history - in the truest sense of the word - is indeed epic

I struggle to think of a period in history that Russia wasn't undergoing an extreme "situation" - just one thing after another for centuries.

I'm reverting back to my confusing stage of adolescence/teenage years by re-reading Catcher in the Rye. Then it's back onto Emotional Intelligence by Dan Goldman. :D

Embracing The Wide Sky by Daniel Tammet gets a recommendation from me.

oh shit.. bit of dan abnett too
for any dystopian military futuristic sci-fi fans out there. gotta be somewhere

I might be interested - always up for dystopias and the military wouldn't necessarily put me off (as a wooly leftie hippy) if it's a page turner; scanning his wiki i see he did some warhammer stuff - i might read them (i loved Ian Watson's warhammer books). Give us a potted review of some BHM

recently read somethin interestin; stalin was only about 5ft5. always pictured him as a big imposing man. terrifying guy

stalin had this same predisposition toward the 'intellectual giant' lenin and was most disappointed having met the guy

if youre into warhammer dan abnett is widely regarded as the written arts best propenent. i like his style, page turners

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't done it physically for a decade or so but yeah, i'll give him a go (page turner's a page turner) - cheers. As a clunky sci fi link to your russian interest, Yellow Blue Tibia by adam roberts is a cracking sci fi about stalin and UFOs (not serious historically mind) - if you know russian, you may recognise the phrase 'Yellow Blue Tibia'...

Forty rules of love - (may have mentioned this a while back but didn't take it with me) Great read

Straight white male by John Niven. A local Scottish boy, who's varied writing has surprised and excited me. This book not so much, his quality of prose was poor compared to his other books, but worthy enough of a read. Kill your friends being my favourite of his.

Now onto a William Boyd novel - Waiting for Sunrise. This is beautifully written, literature at its best. Set in WW1 it's atmospheric, full of character and intrigue. It's rich and wordy, a real good classic story page turner.

Verocytotoxicity resulting from bacteriophage infection of intestinal E. coli

An awful condition but it's aestethically beautiful.

index.php

if i could read russian vurtual, id prolly be off somewhere embedded between pushkin and tolstoy's works au naturale