Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM / 708mg) - First Time - "An online trip-sitter, Euphoria, and Pain"

Strayed

Greenlighter
This is the report of my first trip ever, I have never used any drug other than alcohol, and even then I haven't used alcohol very heavily.
This trip happened a few weeks ago and my sense of time was completely destroyed by the DXM, so, in advance, I'm sorry for not having timestamps or if there are inaccuracies.
For dosage reference, I weigh 121 lbs.

Once upon a time, there was a me who was whining to one of my online friends (we'll call her "rocketgirl") about how depressed I was and how much I hated myself. She told me that she had some morning glory seeds that she was going to extract LSA from, and suggested that I go out and buy some DXM-containing cough syrup or morning glory seeds, and that we trip at the same time while we chatted online to see if it would heal my mind. I thought this was a quite amazing idea, so took a little trip down to the local pharmacy, if you know what I mean (I mean I took a little trip down to the pharmacy), and made a purchase for a 4oz bottle of generic extra strength DM cough syrup with 30mg of DXM HbR per 5ml.

I arrived home and started chatting (typing?) up rocketgirl. She told me that her LSA concoction was readily prepared, and asked me if I was "good to go." "No!" I said, "I have absolutely no knowledge of this so called "DXM" or any of it's effects, I'm a little nervous, so please tell me what to expect." She said "You can relax, but there are a few things you should know." rocketgirl then went on to explain the effects of the drug, that it would make me nauseous, that it would make me feel detached, and that it may perhaps make me hallucinate, depending on how my body reacted to it (the DXM).

After I had been informed, I decided it was time. rocketgirl told me not to drink the cough syrup on an empty stomach, so I ate the best blueberry muffin that you'll never get to taste (jealous?) and then asked her how much of the cough syrup to drink. She told me to drink half of it, but because I'm too cool (read: a complete and utter moron) I made the decision to drink the entire bottle. Directly after chugging the entire bottle, I told rocketgirl that I had chugged the entire bottle. "You are breaking my trust in a very selfish way, but what's done is done.", she said. "You need to listen to me now. You are going to be more fucked up than you have ever been in your entire life, but no matter what happens, I want you to remember that I am here with you, and that you'll be OK. Promise me that you'll remember that." I promised her that I would try my best to do so. She then asked me what I was going to do while high, I said I wanted to listen to music and just chat with her. She told me that listening to music would definitely be "different".

At this point, I've been listening to Radiohead and My Bloody Valentine on shuffle for about 20 minutes. I start feeling dizzy, and I say as much to rocketgirl. She seems surprised that I'm already feeling the effects, but then said "Oh, you probably bought a cough syrup with an alcohol base, so you're getting drunk before you get high." The cough syrup did have an alcohol base, but it didn't feel anything like how I feel when I get drunk. About ten minutes later, I was feeling extremely, extremely dizzy, and my vision became distorted, whenever I moved my eyes from one point to the other, whatever I was looking at before was dragged to wherever I was looking, like the exact spot I was looking at was a wormhole. I tell rocketgirl that I'm scared, and she reminds me that she's with me and that I will be okay, which makes me calm down. I just sit and listen to the music, I can hear every note in perfect detail, the vibration of every string of every guitar or bass resounds through my brain, and it feels like my heart is beating in synchronization to the rhythm of the music.

After listening to music for what I reckon to be about 40-50 minutes, I lost all sense of time, and my memories from this point on are distorted.

I'm extremely messed up at this point, my body is feeling numb and the music is getting into the core of my very being. Paranoid Android by Radiohead comes on, and I get stuck in a loop. I get stuck in a loop, and I keep sending to rocketgirl, one word per message, "PARANOID ANDROID PARANOID ANDROID PARANOID ANDROID", and I keep going on and on and on for who knows how long. Eventually, I get out of the loop, but I'm still sending one word per message. rocketgirl didn't respond (or did she?).

Time goes on (or does it?) and I become extremely psychotic. I believed that I was David Hasselhoff, and I told rocketgirl this. "LOL, DUDE. I'M DAVID HASSELHOFF". She just responds with "LOL". I didn't ask her, but I assume she's well into her LSA trip by now. She shared a link to an album that was on youtube and told me to listen to it, and said that "people like me can understand this emotion". I'm listening to the first few tracks, and I'm really loving it. The music is in my head, and I can feel this sensation in my stomach, like I'm getting heavier and denser, like my soul is filling up with music. I start feeling euphoric, I can't stop giggling. I looked at the wall, and there was a hole in the wall from a nail. I thought it was hilarious and I started laughing hysterically.

Still listening to the album rocketgirl sent to me, a new track comes on. It makes me feel anxious and bad, and I get stuck in another loop. I start sending messages again, in rapid succession. "BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD", The music brainwashed me, the sound was so powerful that I went blind. All I could see was blood, and my mind was filled with blood, and I wanted to feel blood on my hands and running down my naked body. I don't remember if or how rocketgirl responded to this one, either. Luckily, the track ended, and the next track didn't take such a strong hold on my mind. I sent a message to rocketgirl, "NEW TRACK", and then another message, "BAD". This song made me feel anxious and dysphoric too, but it didn't brainwash me. I was able to pause the youtube video, with much effort.

At this point, I was completely incapable of conscious thought, but I must have known in the back of my mind that I needed to listen to some happy music. I type (how was I even able to keep on typing? my body was completely numb. Bizarre.) "MGMT ELECTRIC FEEL" into the search bar and click on the video with the brightest coloured thumbnail. It happened to be a remix of the song, on a channel with a bunch of dance/upbeat pop remixed songs. The youtube autoplay took me on an absolutely euphoric journey. I went blind like before, all I could see was bright purple and orange static all over, but I was still able to read somehow. The euphoria was stronger than anything I've ever felt in my entire life, it felt like I was having an orgasm in my head, and in every fibre of my being, only it was about 10x more intense than a normal orgasm. I started sending messages to rocketgirl, saying "DUDE, BRAIN CUM", "IT'S A BRAIN CUM LOL" to her. She responded by saying "LOL, I CAN WORK WITH THAT". It was the most intense experience in my entire life, and also my favourite experience in my life so far.

After listening to the music and being caught up in ecstasy for a while, I started to come down just a little bit, and since the euphoria was wearing off I started feeling really tired, as I'd been awake for a long time at this point. I ask rocketgirl something along the lines of "DUDE, I CAN JUST SIT BACK. JUST SIT BACK AND TURN THE LIGHT OFF DUDE. IS THAT OKAY?". rocketgirl said it was okay, and told me to "Go!", and so I got up, with my headphones still on and the music still playing, to go turn off the light.

My body was completely numb, I was still somehow able to stand up and go turn the light off, holding onto my dresser to keep myself up. I tried to get to my bed, but I couldn't. I fell onto the floor with my cheek pressed down onto the carpet. This is the point where I started hallucinating. The carpet transformed into glass. I was laying on a transparent glass floor, and when I looked through the glass, I saw the concept of nothing for a brief moment, unfortunately I'm not able to remember the understanding I had of it. Then, a red line made out of heavenly light appeared under the glass, and it started spinning and leaving a trail, it looked like a radar, but I know that it was actually a clock. I knew that for every time the red line made a 360 degree rotation, one second passed. But the red line kept spinning faster and faster, until it looked like a helicopter blade. Time passed so quickly, then.

Eventually, this hallucination stops and I become able to move around a bit. I grab a blanket off of the top of my dresser, because I feel deathly cold, and I cover myself with it. I make a makeshift pillow out of some dirty clothes and lay on my back facing the ceiling. When I looked up, my room was distorted, everything that I saw was extremely long and warped, and the ceiling was miles and miles away from me.

Then I closed my eyes, everything transformed into music, and I fell asleep.

The End.
%)

Last edited:
Wow... That would scare me. I have a X who would eat 60 to 80 of those little red dxm pills at a time. One time I decided to give it a try w him... I took one slide. I think8 of them. While he was telling me how long his leg was and he felt like his foot was in the kitchen I got stuck saying the same sentence over and over for about 5 minutes. Then somehow we both came to the conclusion that he was my father and another life...? Overall it was scary to me haha and I have not done it since.

Sounds like you had fun , I love dxm , I do it once a month for religious reasons :)

Yeah, I had quite the superb time that night. I haven't used it since, but I want to do it again, only I'll try to control the trip instead of letting the trip control me.