Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM (2700mg) - life changing story

Jackedupjackrabbit

Greenlighter
Well. It was was on Saturday night. I had gone to Walmart and gotten 3 of 900mg bottles of delsym. So I got home and drank all three within a few minutes. I lade on my couch and watched "the interview". It started kicking in and I decided to turn off the tv. So layed in the dark, on my couch easing into the trip. I laid for what felt like an eternity. Sweating, heavy breathing, and I kept walk to the bathroom to pee. And I would sit in there for hours at a time. I woke up to my family asking for me to get ready to go to my grandparents house. I had no clue what was going on. Eventually I got up and realized i was still tripping complete balls. I kept going to the bathroom and I absolutely could not pee. So I just robo walked my way to my parents car and sat in there for like an hour. We then drove for like 2 hours to my grandparents. I went there, still couldn't pee, and just slept. So we drove 2 hours back and I get home and I finally pee. So I manage so sleep for only like 3 hours and wake up at 4am on Monday. I realize I'm still high and I think I've fried my brain. Well i go to school, yeah I'm a fucking retard and do this shit as a 10th grader. So I go and all day I just try to sleep but can't. So I get home and my high is just now finnally starting to comedown. I hated every second of this trip. Ill never do dxm again and I would never wish for this to happen to even my worst enemy. I only smoke weed now and I'll never do any other drug. I've over dosed twice and had taken dxm for months on end and had a real problem. God. Dxm is a shitty drug. This is my 3rd post, so sorry if this is in the wrong thread or something. Yes I'm an idiot,.but I got help and I go through therapy now. Please tell me what you think of my trip. And overall I think it's gonna last 3-4 days. Well bye.

Well cool if you're only smoking weed now, but why did you feel the need to take such huge doses? When you had shit to do the next day? Your two other posts are all about taking far too much of things that do not offer any rewards when you does like that.
You'll get better in time, but you might wanna lay of the weed for a bit while your head is getting back together, weed seems to bring back the DXM space when you smoke it close to a trip.

Damn man, why did you think you should take 2700mg of DXM? That could have killed you. Did you research it at all? If you did, then you must be self-destructive, and if you didn't, you need to be doing that before you take something. I think you need to get a little wiser before you try any more drugs. I'd personally recommend not smoking weed either and just trying to get through the next few years, which are really important and formative years for your brain and personality, being sober. From your posts it seems that you're in danger of developing a severe, possibly lifelong problem with drugs if you don't really try to learn better patterns of usage and responsibility right now. You will thank yourself later if you treat yourself well now, please believe that.

Take care of yourself dude <3

It's definitely reckless and done in a way that sounds ignorant enough to be dangerous, but it must also be said that delsym is a time-release formula. If the normal toxicity and chance of complications is related to effects of DXM itself, with it's short half-life it is possible that the extended release gives your body a chance without getting so overwhelmed by DXM acutely. Still, it's a stupidly big amount of DXO and I'm amazed you have recollection and did not lose functionality.

Don't get me wrong, this is not to give people the idea that this is okay or safe - on the contrary, the point is that nobody should conclude that "oh this kid survived 2700 mg of DXM and didn't even get hospitalized or otherwise wrecked, so I can do that range". No you cannot, especially if you choose a different medicament DXM product, it would fuck you up even kill you.
Not to mention, peoples bodies break this down at different rates - you can learn how your body handles this but you must learn it carefully and safely. If that's done, think twice before you assume you can always compare what doses people can handle.

To 'jack' ^ do not want to just be harsh like an asshole :) please be careful especially at your age... doing this stuff on impulse can end up really badly.

Last edited:
Thanks all that said somthing,❤ and yes Ik this was a stupid amount to take, I wasn't thinking straight, but I'm just glad I'm OK, but because of this I stopped using drugs, so that's the only good that came from it, but yeah, I don't want anyone to think it's OK to take a dose like this, I have a tolerance so to speak, and that's probly only reason I lived cuz if anyone who isnt really experienced with dxm tried a dose like this, I'm sure they would have been hospitalized or killed. Dxm isnt a great drug to be using, yeah it's nice if u just wanna get high with a few friends or just chill at ur house, but should only be a safe dose, and if ur trying to use it as a phycadelic, well please just try to score some acid, cuz yeah u can hallucinate from dxm, but it's not that great cuz ur all fucked up can't really enjoy it as much, and dosnt compare to most other drugs, besides maybe ketamine. But if ur gunna use dxm, just take a safe dose, drink plenty of water, and try to take a break between each time u use. Well thanks guys, and don't worry about me, I'm clean now, besides pot, and Ik I'm young but I have a lot of drug experience cuz I've nvr really just used drugs for fun, I usually used them becuz I was like exploring them, it always amazed me that these things could do what they do and basicly put you in another reality, especially that a little white square could do somthing so incredible, so I've tried using as many drugs as I can and always researched them a lot before using, and like learned how they are made and all that, only times I didn't do that was with vyvanse and benadryl, and I feel stupid for those. But I've tried lots of hard drugs and phycadelics all thanks to my good friend <snip>. Well take care everyone, and so will I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jack. Not trying to sound like a parent or anything but man.. Really, really, really go do some research (if you haven't already) and see exactly how bad for you drugs are while your brain is still developing. Drugs are never really "good for you" but they are definitely worse for a developing brain. The same can be said for weed. However, I can say I know plenty of functioning adults who smoked weed during their early years, but I can just as confidently say I know a lot of people who have completely destroyed their brains from hardcore drug usage at a young age.

As much drug research as you say you have done, you should know that the adverse impact of drugs on the developing brain is significantly greater than that of an adult brain.

Either way, whether you really do stay clean (outside of cannabis) I wish you the best of luck, and health. Just please be smart! It's always a heartbreaking thing to hear about teenagers experimenting and winding up dead.

How were you not puking your brains out. Even one bottle of Delsym for me made me feel sick. The only thing I ever got out of DXM was a strong urge to quit drinking and drugs. Something about it makes you reflect on life and the stupid decisions we make. Seems you got that same benefit so just stick with it as long as you can.

I love the delsym hight but it lasts a long fucking time. You need to have a plan before taking it. I can take 600 mgs of regular dxm on a weeknight and be fine in the morning if I took the same dose of extended release dxm I'd be useless the next day or just plain weird. What ever I guess you learned your lesson. I wouldn't blame dxm it can be amazing if you are smart about your doses and environment. You just overdid it to the max man