• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

+1 month after dirty caps, still not 100%

secretgarden21

Greenlighter
Hey guys. Looking for some help, advice, similar anecdotes. Feeling scared..here's what happened:

-On Dec 12 2015 I decided to have a crazy night out with some old friends.
-I took half a 30mg pill of Adderall after dinner, smoked some weed, headed to the club.
-Drank whiskey at the club, then took half a cap of "MDMA" dissolved in water. It was whiteish, sparkly powder. I knew it wasn't pure MDMA as I discussed w my friends who were buying and was prepared for a more ecstasy/amphetamine/speedy roll, hence why I split the adderrall with my friend to start off the night.
-We see the DJ, come up, drink a bit more whiskey, dance, have a great time. We leave the club fully high. My friends want to get more drugs. I'm on the fence- deep down I know I'm high enough, but I've got a penchant for the stuff and decide to go with the flow. My friend hands me a cap and they say lets all take a full one.
-This is just over 2 hrs after dropping the first half cap. I know if I'm doing it I should do it fast bc I don't want to start coming down before this full cap hits. I put it in my mouth and my friend says bite on the cap because the plastic is really thick. I do but I barely crack it. I swallow it.
-This was a pretty big ass blue and white cap. From splitting it open the first time, I'd guess there was up to 0.35 of stuff in there. Realistically probably 0.28.
-We continue partying, I switch to water, I am definitely high, standing up and stretching a lot, talking a bit and being friendly, we decide to go to a 3rd club.
-The music is insane at the 3rd club. I am super happy, dancing, and I think to myself, I've nailed it (the Addy + .5 cap + full cap combo)
-Friends wanna smoke a joint and I'm soooo down. We smoke then come back inside, at this point I'm dancing and I'm like WOAH! Woahahahah this weed really kicked in the drugs! Damn! Nice! (I'm happy cause I usually smoke way more weed than that when rolling)
-Then I get progressively more and more high, until I seriously feel a *THUMP* as if a tiny stone fell from my upper body into my stomach, and I went from being "a girl who was high" to being "a girl who was ON DRUGS". I was fully in drug world, could barely stop my feet moving, was panting.
-I'm telling myself this is what I wanted and I can handle it. Keep dancing.
-Before this night, I did not do hard drugs for 1 year (except some bumps of Ketamine), but before that year of abstinence, I did MDMA often, perhaps once a month, to dance and have fun.
-I realize I'm an idiot and what I thought was the weed activating more potency, was more likely the second full cap finally kicking in. I should have cracked the cap, or done it in water like the first, or just done another half not a full.
-I go through the motions but something is off. I'm sweating like crazy and starting to feel really uncomfortable. I feel like everyone is looking at me in the club and I'm paranoid that I look very obviously on drugs. I tell my friends I wanna go home and put pjs on and smoke weed.
-at this point it's 7:30 am. We go home and do just that. When we get home and I am rolling a joint I realize I have no voice. What the fuck? It is almost comical. Wasn't I screaming and talking just now/the whole night? When did my voice go away? Suddenly only the hoarsest rasp was coming out of my throat and that was painful. I resort to whispering. It is funny.
-I call my boyfriend who is in another country. He freaks out at me cause I didn't tell him I was doing drugs. He says oh fuck, your pupils are dilated as fuck, your jaw is out of control. He is right.
-I look at myself on the video chat and I cannot speak because my voice is gone and my jaw is chattering uncontrollably.
-I start to get scared, paranoid of police, hearing every noise from the apartment above SUPER loudly, paranoid of what I took. I have a comedown from HELL. Hands down worst in my life. It felt like tiny knives scraping the inside of my scalp and neck. Sheer pain. Heart pounding. Sweating.
-I roll joints, smoke joints, lie on the couch, talk, listen to my friends talk, listen to music. I finally sleep at around 9pm.
-when I wake up, I feel like shit. I can barely move my neck. The base of my neck and where it connects to my head /the back of my head are in a lot of pain. My feet hurt. I feel...stupid. My mind is blank. The word "retarded" came into my mind. I lay on the couch and smoked weed all day.

-I make it home to my moms 2 days later. I wake up and vomit water. My voice is still wrecked. I have a sore throat. I'm exhausted and weak. Why did I do this? I stopped for a year. I had so much energy and life and enthusiasm in me, that I had built up, and I zapped it all away yet again on a night out.
-I resign myself to the slow recovery process. And to just have a good attitude about it. I take 5htp. And throat lozenges.
-we fly to our Christmas vacation ~2 days later. Then fly again. Then swim in the ocean. Then fly again. Then I wake up with a raging pain in my left ear. My ear proceeded to be painfully popped for over 2 weeks. I saw a doctor and he said it wasn't from an infection, not red and no sand in there. Every time I swallow or chew gum it's popping around.
-I realize it must have been the pressure my jaw put on my inner ear, followed by all those flights. I'm pissed at myself and in pain.
-I start to realize my vision is different. I can't focus on people's faces far away, and I'm way more sensitive to light /need more time to adjust when I walk out into the sunshine and it's painful at first. I begin to worry. From then, my vision has been off, and my ears have been popped, for over 3 weeks.

-so where are we now? Jan 22. I finally saw an opthamologist. He examined my optic nerve and retina and said everything looks ok. I saw a general doctor who I told about the drugs. He said the symptoms sound like what I took was crystal meth /meth.
-let me be clear- what's up with my vision. You know when you stand up too fast and get a head rush, and your vision is flooded with light? It's like that, slightly, everywhere. Like when you have a migraine and there's light on the sides of your vision, but it's not just on the sides, it's everywhere. I feel pain in my eye muscles when I change the direction that I'm looking. I feel if I look at a lamp, then look away, the lamp's light kinda follows me too much. It's also harder to focus.
-I also have a slight ringing in my ears still, and my ear is uncomfortably blocked. However now it's evenly blocked in both ears, before it was just the left. Also have slight vertigo.

-I believe the doc that what I took was cut with meth. My friends mentioned it's becoming more common. Also that would explain my comedown, and how the back of my head hurt, cause what I didn't know, was that it's a CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DRUG. Fuck my life. This could be why I lost my voice, my ears were damaged, and my eyesight. (And why the soles of my feet hurt -lots of nerve endings.)
-even now, I swear im in a mild "comedown"-like pain in my spine, between my shoulder blades. I think that shits still in me and it's slowly trickling out.

What do you guys think? Sound like meth? Do you think I could have caused serious /permanent cognitive damage from that one night? (Of course, taking pure MDMA regularly for 2 years with a 1 year break before that night, would not have helped.)

I'm used to having my seratonin shot after a night out, but this was different. I was trying to text "oui" in French (which I also speak), and pressed the "w" key instead of "o". (If you were writing in English, "oui" would be pronounced "wee".) It freaked me out because my language, thinking, writing skills are really important to me. As are my vision and hearing obviously...

I feel I have played with fire and flirted with death. Have you experienced similar vision issues? Do you know if there's anything I can do to speed the healing process? Supplements, diet exercise, anything??

(Overall, I honestly feel like I've had a concussion. Been whacked good on the head. I've had a concussion ~4 years ago and how I'm feeling now feels similar to how I remember that.)

I'm sick of this blocked congested head, sick of ringing in my ears, sick of this glunk noise every time I swallow, sick of seeing shadows in my peripheral vision and jumping/being startled by them. I feel like a bona fide psycho crackhead, for over a month now, will it get better ?

THANK YOU in advance, much love <3

You just need more time. Eat healthy, daily exercise and plenty of rest will help your recovery more than stressing and worrying when you will return to your old self.

First up it doesn't really matter what you took, meth, some sort of analogue or even pure MDMA, almost half a gram mix with another amphetamine ( adderall) is neurotoxic. Throw in a solid night of drinking and dancing and is little surprise you caused yourself some harm. Your doctor doesn't know what you took any more than you do. Even pure MDMA can result in these same symptoms at such high doses so quit beating yourself up over what you should have done differently.

There are no hard and fast rules for your recovery. Some people need a few weeks, others can take up to 12 months before they return to normal. It goes without saying you should stat away from all drugs, even weed and alcohol for a while to aid your recovery.

There are many different mdxx analogs that it could have been, you could have had mdma, dl-amphetamine, and pma or pmma combo or any other combination of who knows what. There could be some neurotoxicity issues, especially with combining different stimulants. Perhaps it is just a long come down from a stimulant that has a really long half life? I know that whenever I do big doses of meth or go on a binge I don't feel right for about a week. The brain does have the capacity to heal, how long it will take for you to feel better I cannot say but just be patient and eat well, take vitamins (magnesium being important after an amphetamine session) and stay hydrated and perhaps get some cardio exercise in after a couple days. This will get natural endorphins flowing and always helps me feel better when recovering from a bad come down.

You will be fine however, I would advise you not to take MDMA from a couple different sources in the same night to lessen the chances of an adverse reaction such as this. You can get a test kit off of amazon for something like $12 and you will never have to run as much risk as indiscriminately taking powder sold as mdma just on the dealers word again. I don't believe you can differentiate between different MDxx chemicals but if it tests positive for that you should be good to go.

Thanks so much for your reply, especially as I know my post was long. I'm definitely gonna take a break and do all of what you said, especially magnesium and hydration.

Might be too specific, but do you have any thoughts regarding my ears still being blocked/popped/congested? As a result from my jaw going whacko? And things I can do to fix this?

Peace. <3

-I believe the doc that what I took was cut with meth. My friends mentioned it's becoming more common. Also that would explain my comedown, and how the back of my head hurt, cause what I didn't know, was that it's a CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DRUG. Fuck my life. This could be why I lost my voice, my ears were damaged, and my eyesight. (And why the soles of my feet hurt -lots of nerve endings.)
they're all CNS drugs. your physical pain was probably from dancing all night like a crazy person on drugs.

a night of too much adderall once fucked up my vision for weeks, maybe more than a month. i was asking myself a lot of the same questions as you afterward. if the "stupid" never went away, i've adapted to my new level of cognitive ability. and i see fine now. i bet you will eventually as well.

sorry to hear you feel terrible. recovering from too much of a stimulant is the worst. all the good ones cause serious, permanent cognitive impairment. welcome to bluelight. eat healthy, exercise, and take care.

Mdma the worst drug men don't touch that anymore bro take my advice and experience 2 years clean now not using drugs or alcohol nothing really I quit coffee too but I drink coffee sometimes not alcohol I'm still in my recovering process don't worry don't get stressed out from this avoid stress at all cost now get a cervical pillow and a support for your back take foods rich on magnesium and sodium and vitamin b12 and a shower oh and don't drink sodas don't not touch this ever again i wish you the best bro take care

I'm not a doctor but the ear popping could be from TMJ strain-not unusual with stims.

Like everybody else here, IMO the remedy is time-with heathy eating, sleep and exercise. Put down the weed as well. You did yourself no good smoking all day after this incident.

Thanks a lot. I am glad to hear your vision got better over time. Can only pray the same happens for me. Thanks for the welcome :)

Fuck yo. Weed will be the hardest for me to give up. I'm a huge stoner. But ur right and I realized it's what I have to do and it's been 2 days not smoking now.

Thanks<3

You might want to have an MRI done if you can. That's kind of how I felt after I had an occipital lobe stroke (non-drug related). But it's more than likely just the aftermath of a a night out with too many stimulants. I always found weed to be therapeutic afterward but ymmv. Good luck!

he OP. sorry the hear you are not feeling well.

i experience double vision for about a month while in rehab. i had been off of heroin for 10 days or more and off ativan for maybe a couple days and it came out of nowhere. i went to the eye doctor and he said everything was fine and i told him about my drug use and he was stumped. i got an eye patch. first day after i left rehab it was fine. have no idea what was up but it went away. and i know we used different drugs but just want you to know you are not alone. i was really scared and almost went to see a neurologist. but i didnt end up having to and i am sure your will go away too. just give it some time. i wish you all the best!

Hey everyone. Thanks again for your messages and advice. Little update I am still pretty much the same as my OP but I am starting to see some hope. Ears have been ringing for over a week which is def the most disturbing part. (I had to fly for work last week which made everything worse.) I'm on antibiotics (for potential ear infection) and steroidal anti inflammatories (for ear blockage /pain) now. My jaw is stiff and painful, kinda swollen. Random headaches and generally exhausted and slightly depressed /apathetic, floaters in my vision. I'm too weak to exercise but hopefully will start yoga in around 1 week.

What are your thoughts on 5htp??? I'm not sure if I should take it for a bit or not.

I need to see this as a positive as I've finally realized I have a bit of a substance abuse problem and I have quit drugs, weed, alcohol for good on 22 Jan. But I know it will be 3-6 weeks before I'm feeling healthy again and 2-4 months before my spark is fully back, if ever. I guess if I won't be the same, I'll be calmer and wiser (slower...). I hope whoever's reading this can party safe, with moderation and testing etc. (I am literally incapable of moderation so have decided to abstain fully, but of course not everyone needs to do this.) Be safe you guys, apparently drugs and even weed is getting stronger, more chemical, more dangerous every day. Peace <3

Also- one more thing. Upon reflection I think mixing with the Adderrall may have been my biggest mistake. It was my first time in my life doing that and I think the combo is what led to this prolonged, painful comedown /sickness. I STRONGLY ADVISE TO NOT MIX ADDERRALL AND MDMA. Rather take a normal amount of just a dirty cap than a smaller amount of an adderall-mdma cap mix. Peace, friends.

I dealt with a similar experience. My vision was to the point that at times it felt like I was on a never ending acid trip/ other times it just seemed messed up. One thing I had a problem with was trying to see straight lines, my vision was "moving or melting" and things would not stay still. This lasted for 6+ months but eventually went away. In that time I nearly had a nervous breakdown thinking I had "fried my brain" etc. but it eventually just dissipated. I pray that you get back to your old self ASAP! I had friends like yours and I could not say no when everyone said yes, but in retrospect I couldn't hang with psychedelics like some ppl can.

Don't worry. You story is similar to a lot of ours. "God loves addicts and babies."

Well, the bad news is you might have made a stupid judgement call and now you are paying consequences for it.
The good news however is that you already have people jumping out saying "happened to me too, scary as shit, but I recovered just fine despite the bad news I kept beating myself up with."

I'm no exception to the "i ****ed up" rule. I can hear you're scared, so I'll share something personal, with you and anyone else reading this thread saying "shit, am I ever coming back?"
Ketamine. Picked up a habit REAL quick the second time around. I went from using it twice as the Winter Music Conference in Miami, FL,USA five years ago to trying it again a 8 months ago and after sniffing it once, I went right to pinning I.M. at least twenty to thirty times a day during a binge after trying it again. Soon as I had money again I was off. I'm constantly in that daze that only a disassociative-addict knows... Warmth-rising-Pelican-soaring-i must be dreaming-"you good?"-who's car is this-crazy-WAKE UP.
That's the only way to really describe your memory of the feeling you get. And then you hit the WAKE UP part.

Copped at about 2am after 30 hours of straight work, from my new bestie, the Serbian, and couldn't wait to pin, so I hit my leg as I was driving home.....
Black out.
Jumped the median, drove right across the other side of a highway, dead on into a tree at 70mph for .. With no seatbelt.
Even writing this I'm disgusted with myself. My first thought when I came to and they told me where I was, that I'd been in an accident, was "is anyone hurt?" Paramedics told me "No only you, and when we saw you open your eyes, we don't know how you're alive. We (ambulance paramedics) have never seen a car with a head on impact like that, where someone woke up. You're practically unharmed. You went head first into the windshield at 70, and all you have is a scratch from some busted glass. Fire rescue had to cut your rear door off to even get to you. You're a very lucky man."

Lucky I wasn't a murderer because of my stupid judgement call? Yes.
Lucky because I was alive? Yeah, though at the time I didn't think so.
Lucky because I was unhamed? Spoke too soon.

For roughly five months after, I would be mid-sentence and forget. Just like that, forget what we are talking about. Once in a blue moon, maybe I'm just forgetful, but this was every conversation. People started looking at me a little different. I broke up with my girlfriend because I was so resentful at the thought that I would even think of putting someone who loves me through potentially a lifetime of living with and caring for this debilitating, and deteriorating man that I began to picture in my head. I thought this was my punishment and well deserved.

One day about November last year, I realized I wasn't forgetting anymore. I was holding conversations just fine, I didn't forget my keys every time I'd leave the house, and I wasn't having to think about these things. A few more weeks and it was as if it never happened. I take dextro-amphetamine/multi-vitamin/anti-depressant and exercise daily, and it seems to have done a hell of a lot. I feel like I'm my typical wolffish self, chasing romances and working again. Praying to hit blackjack, and watching my husky spend her first winter in the snow. I remember when I saw my car I must have said "oh shit" about fifteen times before I could move to recover my shit at the scrap yard. I couldn't get my hard hat and some welding gear, because parts of the drive train came through the floorboard. But a nice car and your shit from work doesn't matter at all when you didn't kill anybody, and you ain't dead yet. Life is good again, but it wasn't for what felt like an eternity.

When you feel like there's no end to your troubles in sight, there is no end in sight. Accept what you're dealt and roll with it and before you know it you'll be back up. Don't worry. Trust anyone who tells you stories like these, because the guy in the grave isn't telling one, and you're not laying next to him.

Street drugs can hit the gutter for a while (heh, I'm no angel). You're plea moved me to tell you something about my personal life that I don't think I'd be telling you if I was all K'd up. I stick to my scripts, I got some fun ones, so that'll keep me entertained (told ya, I'm no repenting sinner.), but this new vape tho... I'm fascinated by FDA unregulated consumption of drugs yet again, and damn to they make nicotine tasty!

Later. Hope this helped put some peace in your path.