• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Bluelight Photography Contest Round 375: Communications [VOTING CLOSED]

make your selection here...

• Chatative

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • SKL

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • thujone

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SKL

Bluelight Crew
Round 375: Communications

open for submissions until 6 February

Chatative

(deleted)

SKL

nitro.1024.jpeg

thujone

Jm21xNQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^I agree, quite a wide scope for a theme!

Rather than dig through my old photos, I came up with a new idea instead...

Last edited:
nitro.1024.jpeg

These industrial looking pressurized canisters of liquid nitrogen are ubiquitous in the streets of New York City, most residents probably pass by on a daily basis without giving them much thought. They are, in fact, essential to our communications, not just in New York, but worldwide: they cool fiber optic cables, routers, computers and other essential parts of the communications infrastructure at it's most fundamental of levels both within the City and in the City's role as an international communications hub.

(full: 6000x2000, 6.3mb)

Last edited:
^ hah that's cool! i had a 35mm photo in mind for this round but couldn't find it, so here's this WiFi module instead:

Jm21xNQ.jpg

i take "macro" shots of salvaged boards so i can read the component labels and google their specs to figure out if they can be repurposed for my uses.

it's irresistorble ;) i had forgotten about the macro thread, might have to bump it, taking these kind of shots are more fun than i thought

bump for last minute submissions
closes midnight tomorrow

Closed to new entries. Voting will start soon.

Bluelight Photography Contest Round 375: Communications [VOTE HERE]

Voting is open
Thanks and good luck to all who participated

Ha, unique choice thujone. I wanted to vote for you based entirely on favoritism but I'll have to go with the photo from SKL.

yea it's not really a stellar pic, just thought it might interest someone who doesn't know what a WiFi transceiver looks like

Oh it's interstellar mighty thujone! str8-fn'-doubleplus-magnanidocious-dumbfoundamental-diggity-dope

Last edited:
Bump, voting closes this evening at 6:58 pm EST.