• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

The lager from Aldi called Excelsior! It’s pretty good. To me it tastes ok, 4%, and 2.29 for four cans. Haven’t tried any of the big supermarket branded lagers.

Green tea again.

Anyone here tried Yerba Mate?

What's Yerba Mate?

Do many people here buy supermarket brand booze? Any good beer recommendations.

I seen Fu in other thread talking bout buying the cheap vodka.
Personally, I'll happily buy the cheap as fuck supermarket brand lager. I've tried from Sainsbury and Tesco and been happy with the results from both- the stuff was alright i.e had generic lager taste and decent alcohol content. Far nicer than the likes of Tennents too.

I'll buy owt that's cheap, but I do have certain standards - i.e. wine, nothing less than 13% abv; beer, nothing less than 7% abv; spirits, nothing less than 37.5% abv. Supermarkets are fine for cheap wine and spirits, but I find their high strength beers a little too pricey...

Out of interest how much booze would y'all need to consume to be a) nicely drunk and b) so drunk that you can't remember the whole night sorta drunk?

a) Four cans of high strength lager (9% ) over the evening will get me nicely pissed.

b) To get to the next level (i.e. totally shitfaced) I'd need to hit the vodka (I couldn't stomach more than 4 cans of Karpackie in a night - my guts would hate me), so I'd say either 4 cans of Karpackie plus a half bottle of vodka, or a full bottle of vodka on its own.

And no, I don't get hangovers...

Do you not get hangovers cause of hair o the dog??

Nah, just years of practice.. ;)

Seriously though, I was pretty much teetotal until I hit 40 (except for a couple of years in my teens when I'd get battered off 4 pints of pub piss). Since then my consumption and tolerance has risen gradually, so I seem to have gained a tolerance to the side effects as well.

8 - 12 cans of 7+% beer gets me on my way. Also, no hangovers. If anything I get a dry mouth and liquid poo the following morning. Pint of ice water sipped and I'm top of the pops.

Speaking of which, currently purchased 12 cans of K cider. I'll have no teeth and diabetes by my next post, but fuck it. No work the morrow!

m54427.jpg

And it was cheap and it was whothefuck cares. Was fukkin generic no matter how cheap it was. That bottle plus a bottle of white and some beers.

Fuck's sake I need drugs.

<3

PS: Tasted nice, mind.

M&S cocktails in cans for weekday commute home.

Double measure spirits, 8% and often on offer for multiples.

Pina Colada ? is my fav

Whisky and ginger also nice, mojito, caprihina(sp?), Martini, tbh, all of them ?

... Weston's vintage cider at 8% is my weekend tipple.

Fake lidls Bailey's in coffees on Sundays.

Ahhhh booze. I hate you.

A glitch in Morrison's at the minute, 20 can packs of Carling are two for ?20, but if you scan two at self checkout, the price is coming through the till at ?10. So 40 cans of piss water for a tenner.

A glitch in Morrison's at the minute, 20 can packs of Carling are two for ?20, but if you scan two at self checkout, the price is coming through the till at ?10. So 40 cans of piss water for a tenner.

Top tip man! Pity it's nigh on impossible to get pissed on that shit...

I reported on a similar glitch a while ago (again at Morrisons) involving litre bottles of Martini that were scanning at 7.50 instead of a tenner. Got a bit of milage out of that before it was rectified...

Fosters and Jack Daniels at the moment (not mixed together you heathens), it's down to 20 quid a bottle at the minute in Tesco, hopefully they do those 3 litre bottles again with the little swinging device for 50 quid. I ended up selling the bottle on ebay for 22 quid, so I got 3 litres of JD for 28 quid all in. Bargain.

qqq.jpg

(Just the essentials dear)

Sometimes I actually wish I liked alcohol...

Opiates are the only thing I've ever had a weakness with...

Just a pity they're the most destructive thing really.

Sometimes I actually wish I liked alcohol...

I never understood people who don't like drink. One of life's great mysteries to me. I mean, why? It's a drug that makes people jolly. What could one possibly dislike about that??

I'm on the strong shit tonight

NSFW:

pukka-ginseng-match.jpg

Well, actually I'm on a dry January, because November and December have not been great! System kind of needs this. At the same time, i've cut out caffeine and refined sugar as well. The caffeine has certainly been the hardest one to drop. So i've taken a fancy to this gingseng. I've been quite surprised. It works very well and has lot's of health benefits too! This maybe a permanent switch.

Last edited:
I never understood people who don't like drink. One of life's great mysteries to me. I mean, why? It's a drug that makes people jolly. What could one possibly dislike about that??

I'm on the strong shit tonight

NSFW:

pukka-ginseng-match.jpg

Well, actually I'm on a dry January, because November and December have not been great! System kind of needs this. At the same time, i've cut out caffeine and refined sugar as well. The caffeine has certainly been the hardest one to drop. So i've taken a fancy to this gingseng. I've been quite surprised. It works very well and has lot's of health benefits too! This maybe a permanent switch.

Pah! Dry January my arse! How dare you part time drinkers flaunt your ability to not have a drink for a whole MONTH in the faces of us serious alcoholics. Boohoo, "I've been drinking far too much recently, so i'd better stop for exactly 31 days and constantly bang on about my 'detox' for the whole time". You make us dedicated boozers sick. 31 fuckin days - do you know how unattainable that is for someone who breaks out into a cold sweat at the mere thought of not being able to get ratarsed until after work? No. Of course you don't, you shandy suppin shit stabbin southern soft shite you. I bet you'll be there with your other smug bastard mates who make up the local dry January temperance movement, mincing in and out of Wetherspoons and Yates Wine Lodges banging your tambourines and chanting "boozers are for losers, I'm a winner not a sinner", or summat.

However, on the stroke of midnight the 31st January, I guarantee you'll be down the local 24 hour garage for a bottle of Glens. You mark my words... ;)

Fuckin ginseng...

The only thing that makes my January Dry is the fact that I don't have any spare cash to buy alcohol after Christmas.

Believe me, I'm no willing accomplice in participating.

I'm still on the Voddy tho .... but I'm definitely at the point of starting to get the shakes when I go to the 'click on the payment' bit of my ASDA @ home grocery order. I expect that next week i'll get the dreaded 'decline' page* ...

* by which time I'll definitely need more booze ... obv

Last edited:
The only thing that makes my January Dry is the fact that I don't have any spare cash to buy alcohol after Christmas.

Believe me, I'm no willing accomplice in participating.

I'm still on the Voddy tho .... but I'm definitely at the point of starting to get the shakes when I go to the 'click on the payment' bit of my ASDA @ home grocery order. I expect that next week i'll get the dreaded 'decline' page* ...

* by which time I'll definitely need more booze ... obv

Heh, I feel your pain Ms.Riot. I myself have had to fall back on the ol' Frosty Jacks (?3.70 for 3L @ 7.5% ) - it does the job but I do spend a lot of time going for a piss and suffering from acid reflux...

However, on the stroke of midnight the 31st January, I guarantee you'll be down the local 24 hour garage for a bottle of Glens. You mark my words... ;)

You're gonna hate me for saying this, but i'm actually quite enjoying this. The first few days are hard but once you get used to the idea the mind kinda adapts to it. 31 days is a bit harsh though. If i didn't kill off so many brain cells last month I would have picked February for this instead. Especially if it was a leap year.

Why don't you try a "half marathon"... say 15th to the 31st? for those who struggle with the full distance. Then i'll meet you back here on the 1st, and with the money saved we can treat ourselves to grey goose or something.

You're gonna hate me for saying this, but i'm actually quite enjoying this. The first few days are hard but once you get used to the idea the mind kinda adapts to it. 31 days is a bit harsh though. If i didn't kill off so many brain cells last month I would have picked February for this instead. Especially if it was a leap year.

Why don't you try a "half marathon"... say 15th to the 31st? for those who struggle with the full distance. Then i'll meet you back here on the 1st, and with the money saved we can treat ourselves to grey goose or something.

Thanks for the proposition mate, but I'm no good at commitment... :\