• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe SUBOXONE after 6 YEARS on day 8 NO subs, using Kratom. Advice??

Subzzgirly

Greenlighter
Long story quickly as I can. Started in 2002 Just from 2.5mg Percocet. I jumped straight to eating Fentanyl 100mgs daily, then to above 300mgs Methadone + 8-9 zani bars when I'd leave the meathadone clinic. Left there in 2010, left at 80mg ( I was going to come down detox so I can go straight to I was going to come down detox so I can go straight to Suboxone. One day when I told the methadone clinic nurse I will be there much longer I'm going on Suboxone she gave me a look and said "you will be back, they always do". I drink that last dose and then I started the Suboxone. I never return to that methadone clinic and I never would I was very upset with the way they treat people. Anyways since 2010 till about 8 days ago, 6 YEARS my doctors have me on Suboxone. The medication that should not be used especially for person that never used heroin in their life.
Anyways in the beginning of this December 2015 I decided to leave my Suboxone clinic and detox myself off of this medication. I was chilly so sick and tired of looking at this tiny strip the medication that was running my life every single day. I was so sick of looking at this tiny strip of vacation thinking to myself without you this morning able to have a normal life, that is what every doctor used to tell me. Every doctor would say " this medication for the rest of your life if you want to have a normal one ". For some maybe this is true but for myself I found out the past eight days it is not.
I been using this Kratom, 10Gs every four hours or so. I'm on day 8 with no suboxone. And I can't believe I'm about to say this but the most withdrawals are going through so far have been a few sneezes and yawns. But as soon as I drink my Kratom their gone. I can't believe this and I guess by now the subs are completely out of my system??? Anybody there that answer ?? And before that I was taking maybe .5 MG . My piece of Suboxone was so small if it would've fell off the counter I would've lost it. I never got high off subs. They just made me feel NORMAL. And I've had enough of being on Them. I've been in recovery since 2005 when I started a methadone clinic till this past December 2015 for an opiate addiction I had it for 2 1/2 years. Does that make any sense? Some of you maybe some of you may be not.
But my main question is does anybody have any advice or anything at all about this KRATOM ?? I know nothing about it other than researched and the chemist/physics Professor friend I have.
Thank you in advance!!

I can't say much, but just remember certain compounds in kratom bind to the opiate receptors, which is why it leads to relief so when you do stop you will probably still withdraw.

I would recommend to take the standard pure DXM cough syrup dose used for coughs 2-3x a day as NMDA antagonists are known to aid in opiate recovery, which is partly why methadone is used so regularly. For your dose don't exceed 20 mg as that is a regular dose I believe if not ten as you are aiming for a more homeopathic effect of guiding and strengthening your own inner energy and ability to heal vs relying on the compounds to help you.

When you quit also remember to drink lots of electrolyte water, get plenty of vitamins, and just stay hydrated and healthy as that is the number one key to recovery. Being active is good too, but if you don't take care if yourself being active will only end up being destructive if you do not have the energy and strength to do so.

Good luck on getting clean it is definitely a challenge. I will also recommend a light ween with poppy seed tea if you believe you have the self control not to make it into a habit as it is essentially making opium tea of the residue on the seeds, but you must find a good source of unwashed seeds.

Kratom w/d's are over QUICK, and are not that bad...and I wouldn't say Suboxone shouldn't be given to people if they haven't done heroin, same for m-done. Opiate is an opiate is an opiate. BUT people should not be put on Subs or done' for something like codiene or kratom(which has happened...) or if they do it shouldn't be over 2mg or some shit. But anyway, good luck! Been on subs I think like 2 1/2 years now with sooo many relapes on oxy/morphine/hydrocodone its not funny...also picked up a benzo habbbit when I was trying to get some kind of buzz...bang 1-2mg of Subs, eat 4+ xanax or klonopin or some valium with a few grams of Gabapentin. No longer shoot my Subs(really I just did that so I could get high on something if I wanted to that day instead of having to wait 3 or 4 days) and trying to cut back on the benzo's before it turns into a full blown problem like I had with opiates..sighs. But I just wanna get high right now.

Hey Subzzgirly,

I just want to mention that after that length of use it will take more time for the Subs to leave your body. Buprenorphine has a very long half-life and accumulates in your body when taken every day.
I also kicked using Kratom last year (but I was only on 0,5-1mg of Subs for about one year) and after ~ one week of using Kratom I still had pretty ugly withdrawals.
Not that I want to frighten you but your Kratom dose is pretty high and I would taper it down to at least 5g per dose.
If you finally kick the Kratom there will be withdrawals, just so you know. But they will be less intense and most importantly shorter than if you would WD from the Subs alone.

Good luck on your way!

I myself have used kratom for withdrawal from buprenorphine with great success. I've only switched from bupe->kratom a handful of times but it's pretty simple and easy in my experience.

Find some enhanced blends or extracts to use with plain leaf during the first two weeks after stopping bupe. Then from that point on you should only be ordering plain leaf for the most part, maybe keep a few grams of extract around in case of emergency but make sure to not just keep maintaining on potent kratom extracts as they are super expensive per dose and the supposedly ruin plain leaf tolerance.

suboxone withdrawal doesn't last very long and isn't all that bad IMHO. I stopped cold turkey after being on 8mg/day for about 6 months; i experienced a little bit of withdrawal, but nothing too major. Kratom works wonders for opiate w/d doesn't it? I'm a true believer in it and would recommend it to anybody trying to taper off an opiate/opioid. Keep up the good work!

Thank you guys! I'm still using the Kratom. I've brought my grams down to 8, then 6 and so on. I'm very scared and nervous when I'm down to 2 grams then nothing. Am I going to go thru withdrawals still? Obviously anybody that's been thru withdrawls knows that's what we're trying to AVOID at all costs. Just such a mess I feel like I've been in. I'll never get over being on methadone (2005-2010) then suboxone 2010-2016. That's 11 years for a 2 1/2 yrs addiction.

I myself have used kratom for withdrawal from buprenorphine with great success. I've only switched from bupe->kratom a handful of times but it's pretty simple and easy in my experience.

Find some enhanced blends or extracts to use with plain leaf during the first two weeks after stopping bupe. Then from that point on you should only be ordering plain leaf for the most part, maybe keep a few grams of extract around in case of emergency but make sure to not just keep maintaining on potent kratom extracts as they are super expensive per dose and the supposedly ruin plain leaf tolerance.

Oh believe me, I know about the exoensive part. I ran out of the powder & with Monday being a holiday I had to go to a head shop and buy the extract. $60 for 5 pills.

Oh believe me, I know about the exoensive part. I ran out of the powder & with Monday being a holiday I had to go to a head shop and buy the extract. $60 for 5 pills.

Good god $60 for 5 pills?how much krAtom is in each pill?

Coming off subs. Day 6 using kratom/gabapentin for w/ds

Sorry to post this on your thread. I can't get my thread to post but out stories are pretty similar. So Ive been an addict for the past 12 years. I have used suboxone for 8 years on and off. This last stretch it's been 2.5 years. I have made an 8mg film strip last about a week. The most I took was over the summer 8mg tops. Then sept. Started making my way back down to 1mg a day. So ive been tapering the last few months to eventually lower than 1mg and ending at about .25 even less the last day. It's been about 6 days. I've been taking a shit load of vitamins the last few months in preparation. 5-htp,DLPA,holy basil,l-theanine,iron,b complex,b12,etc. I've been taking kratom the ease the w/ds. The first 3 days I took 1/2 tsp 1x a day. Then a full tsp yesterday morning & today. I'm not going to take more than that and I really don't want to take it more than 10 days. I don't want to become addicted but then again idk how one would. It tastes so nasty #1. I have been parachuting it which is not working for me at all I want to throw up everytime I take it & choke on it.
I have a few questions. #1 is I've taken the gabapentin for 28 days first 2 weeks 400mg these last 2 weeks 800mgs. I've skipped a few days in the beginning. Should I be worried about a w/d? I had no idea it was possible until I noticed a slight tremor & looked the meds up. I was shocked at all the horror stories. The fucked up part is the doctor knows my whole story, I told him I didn't want something I'd become dependent on, I didn't want any psych meds & that I needed something to help ease w/d symptoms and help sleep. Now I want to slap this mf'r! I took 800mg last night, and planning on it being my last dose. Hoping I'll be ok.
My next question is- if the suboxone detox was going to get bad, wouldn't it have already happened? I shouldn't w/d from the kratom if I stop in the next 2 days right? It'll be under 2 weeks of taking it. Like 8.
Everything has been fine. No fever/chills, no lack of appetite, just leg cramps which I've had since tapering & hard time staying asleep. That's been the worst of it other than fatigue. Has anyone else had a similar taper & successfully gotten off? If there is a thread for this, I apologize I couldnt find it. Thanks in advance. I'd l Iover to hear some feedback.

Sorry to post this on your thread. I can't get my thread to post but out stories are pretty similar. So Ive been an addict for the past 12 years. I have used suboxone for 8 years on and off. This last stretch it's been 2.5 years. I have made an 8mg film strip last about a week. The most I took was over the summer 8mg tops. Then sept. Started making my way back down to 1mg a day. So ive been tapering the last few months to eventually lower than 1mg and ending at about .25 even less the last day. It's been about 6 days. I've been taking a shit load of vitamins the last few months in preparation. 5-htp,DLPA,holy basil,l-theanine,iron,b complex,b12,etc. I've been taking kratom the ease the w/ds. The first 3 days I took 1/2 tsp 1x a day. Then a full tsp yesterday morning & today. I'm not going to take more than that and I really don't want to take it more than 10 days. I don't want to become addicted but then again idk how one would. It tastes so nasty #1. I have been parachuting it which is not working for me at all I want to throw up everytime I take it & choke on it.
I have a few questions. #1 is I've taken the gabapentin for 28 days first 2 weeks 400mg these last 2 weeks 800mgs. I've skipped a few days in the beginning. Should I be worried about a w/d? I had no idea it was possible until I noticed a slight tremor & looked the meds up. I was shocked at all the horror stories. The fucked up part is the doctor knows my whole story, I told him I didn't want something I'd become dependent on, I didn't want any psych meds & that I needed something to help ease w/d symptoms and help sleep. Now I want to slap this mf'r! I took 800mg last night, and planning on it being my last dose. Hoping I'll be ok.
My next question is- if the suboxone detox was going to get bad, wouldn't it have already happened? I shouldn't w/d from the kratom if I stop in the next 2 days right? It'll be under 2 weeks of taking it. Like 8.
Everything has been fine. No fever/chills, no lack of appetite, just leg cramps which I've had since tapering & hard time staying asleep. That's been the worst of it other than fatigue. Has anyone else had a similar taper & successfully gotten off? If there is a thread for this, I apologize I couldnt find it. Thanks in advance. I'd l Iover to hear some feedback.
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I'm very scared of withdrawals, nobody wants to go thru that. The most I've felt was some sneezing sessions and in the mornings my legs ache. I also stopped my ambien, take Zzzquil. And I use etizolam whenever I feel the anxiety hit, which has been rare. I'm just trying to be pill free. It's a hard place to get to

I'm not even sure what u are asking..u are mad at your doctor for giving you gabapentin..why?gabapentin is the most popular withdrawal medication given to addicts and it does have side effects but is very helpful for withdrawals..u seem to be too picky in wanting the perfect drug for withdrawal, those don't exist..

If all u have is fatigue and insomnia, then you are on your way..you've been on opiates for many years so it will take a long time to get back to baseline..expect not to feel normal for a few months..

I'm not even sure what u are asking..u are mad at your doctor for giving you gabapentin..why?gabapentin is the most popular withdrawal medication given to addicts and it does have side effects but is very helpful for withdrawals..u seem to be too picky in wanting the perfect drug for withdrawal, those don't exist..

If all u have is fatigue and insomnia, then you are on your way..you've been on opiates for many years so it will take a long time to get back to baseline..expect not to feel normal for a few months..
I'm not sure what the gabapentin even is.
But do you know if being on Kratom, will a person still go thru withdrawals? I haven't had a suboxone in 2 weeks. I'm still waking up 'sick', achy legs, sneezing, Yawning. But those leave once I take the Kratom. I'm now down to 5grams. I'm very nervous to be at 2, then one to nothing. I've been prolonging this Nothing day since 2002 :(
SCARED

Red vien tein powder stuffed into large emptied capsules take an initial dose of 2.5 grams and then take 1.2-2 grams every 2 hours or as needed but you MUST drink 8+ oz of grapefruit juice before you take the pils because this effects a liver enzyme to give the kratom a 250% boost

Why do all my comments keep getting deleted when I try to edit them. It's frustrating now being able to navigate this site correctly. Is it because I'm on my cell phone? I just deleted a few posts on accident after answering people, how annoying!

I'm not sure what the gabapentin even is.
But do you know if being on Kratom, will a person still go thru withdrawals? I haven't had a suboxone in 2 weeks. I'm still waking up 'sick', achy legs, sneezing, Yawning. But those leave once I take the Kratom. I'm now down to 5grams. I'm very nervous to be at 2, then one to nothing. I've been prolonging this Nothing day since 2002 :(
SCARED
Yes u will be sick, not as sick and the wd symptoms won't last as long but ime u will still get sick coming of the kratom . Try some loperamide(immodium ad, generic), dose depending on ur tolerance, I took 20mg and it took all the wd symptoms away and u don't crave it cause it doesn't get u high. Just ween off of that, like go down 2mg a day, that's the @easyest way to ween IMO/ime!

Red vien tein powder stuffed into large emptied capsules take an initial dose of 2.5 grams and then take 1.2-2 grams every 2 hours or as needed but you MUST drink 8+ oz of grapefruit juice before you take the pils because this effects a liver enzyme to give the kratom a 250% boost

I'm using kratom maeng da powder. (& Imodium ad) I've had some real good Kratom XXX capsules. Each pill had 3 grams of extract in them. I as stated above somewhere they're super expensive at the head shop. They work very very good, but $60 for FIVE pills! The powder is 4 oz for $70. I started 2 weeks ago at 10 grams. I did that about 4-6 days. Being on methadone 5yrs and subs 2010-2016 I wanted to do this beginning part slowly. I then went down to 8 for 2 days and then 6 grams a day. Now I'm at 4.5 grams. Tomorrow 3, next day 2. I mix the Kratom with grapefruit juice. And down it. Hated the taste in the beginning, just like methadone. Within a few days I loved that pink dose taste so much! I'm now able to down it quicker. It's mental.. Like the methadone. You know what you're about to drink is going to make you feel better very soon. With me it is at least.
I'm just scared at 2 grams then 1, the next day going in wd's. I'm trying to avoid these at all costs. Who wouldn't? If they did the RAPID DETOX, in the hospital, for suboxone, I'd do it! I have enough to cover that. I just don't know a lot about it.

One thing that's hard is my fiancé has never had an opiate addiction. Actually never had any kind. Big health nut. Works out. Healthy. He knows a lot. He's the one who's helped me this far. I knew nothing of Kratom until he researched it for me. He was upset seeing me cry all the way home for the suboxone Doctor. I was so tired of going. Nobody did any counseling. Nobody at all these clinics I've been too, ever asked me "what got you here, what made you start using". So I got to the root of my problems on my own. And decided I'm so tired of going to this doctor (who was on probation for writing rx's and other things). Every month I would go I would be afraid and sick all the way up thinking how all of the doors going to be locked because he was going to be arrested one day. Then I'd be so screwed. He was my doc for 6 years. So I decided around the holiday time I'm coming off my Suboxone on my own. Oh believe me I still have one and a half strips with me. I look at them every day because I always feel better knowing they are there. I need feel better knowing if I get that bad all I have to do is take that little piece of Suboxone. But all I've had was maybe a few sneezes and yawns that's why am afraid when this drink is over. Today I got my last bag. I know I'm not going to use 4 oz since I'm at such low grams. But it'll make me mentally feel better knowing it there if I need it.
The only bad part with my fiancé is he's been saying the last few days "this is great! You're on day 11 no subs! You're all done!" I don't feel done. I feel like when these last days are gone I'm going to be soooo sick?He says "no you'll be fine. The suboxone is out of you it's been 2 weeks. You're just on the Kratom now". IF HE IS CORRRECT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME! I just feel like he doesn't get how I feel. Well that's because he doesn't. Well Any advice GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!

Also someone who told me there is an eight day strict program for this Kratom. Does anybody know what that is?
Sorry so long guys. Just got to read some of these.
Yins on here are awesome! Thank you for all the kind words. I have nobody to really tell this too. And NO meetings are not for me. Hope yins have a good night?

Last edited:
Yes u will be sick, not as sick and the wd symptoms won't last as long but ime u will still get sick coming of the kratom . Try some loperamide(immodium ad, generic), dose depending on ur tolerance, I took 20mg and it took all the wd symptoms away and u don't crave it cause it doesn't get u high. Just ween off of that, like go down 2mg a day, that's the @easyest way to ween IMO/ime!

I feel real bad in the mornings because I take my last drink around 9 PM. I don't get up till around 11am. So by the time I get my next shrinking me it's been a long time. Drinking the first one in the morning always makes me sick. But within 10 minutes I start feeling better. So on my last drink in the next morning I'm going to be real sick like that still?

Wish so bad I could RAPID DETOX off this. I didn't quite understand your comment. I am using Imodium ad. You started talking about milligrams and taking all the withdrawals away I wasn't sure what medication you were even talking about I'm sorry.

Well thanks for any advice you can give me :)

Yes the immodium will take all the physical wd symptoms away if u take enough. It's an opiate of sorts and if doses properly you won't feel sick at all. I had to take, I think it was 24mg, that's 12x2mg pills, I couldn't believe that it worked but it did, and that was coming off of 1+bundles of heroin a day, made me feel brand new. You wanna taper the immodium fast though cause you can become dependant on the immodium just like any other opiate. There's a mega thread here about loperamide(generic immodium) here on bluelight just do a search and it should pop up. The kratom is great but it gets some people high, especially the extracts so you migh want to come off if that and switch to immodium exclusively. Just ween urself but don't go to fast, let ur body adapt to the new dose whenever u taper, like stay at the same dose for like 3days then lower again and keep repeating until ur done. Well I gotta get ready for work so I wish u all the best, good luck and god bless :)