• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

pill count and or contracta

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitsofrantik75

Bluelighter
I have searched on here about my question and didn't find what I was looking for. First I'm not asking about drug testing cause I already do that. What I'm wondering is this:

Do primary care doctors do pill counts. I know they can and reserve the right to do so at any time, but is it a normal practice?? I already do randoms for them, its part of being prescribed narcotics there. I've been taking them for over 2 years now and they have never asked for one. I've never given them a reason too either. I don't go in early, or saying they got stolen or anything like that. I figure signing s contract,which I haven't done, is just a formality. I figure they can ask with or without a contract. I'm on 7.5/325 hydro and 150 mil. Lyrica. It's just something that's been on my mind the last couple days

Thanks.

Last edited:
Highly highly doubt they would. Especially since you sound like a "model patient". Just don't give the docs any reason to do it.

Thanks alot. That really eases my mind. I try to be a model patient. Plus they know why I have to have them. I shattered a vertebrae in a car accident and I have slipped disc that's pinching the sciatic nerve so my left leg has been numb all the way to the foot for about a month this go around. Thanks again

If someone calls on you, yes. If you're calling in trying to get scripts written early, yes. Any red flags that make them think you're running out early. If you sign a contract they reserve the right for random drug testing or pill counts.

Most general MD's don't bother you much, though.

Okay. It sounds like I'm in good shape then. There's no one to call in on me, I'm not trying to get prescriptions written early, and I'm not doing anything to make them think I'm running out early.

does the fact I haven't signed a contract give mean something then? I really figured it was just a formality.

I have searched on here about my question and didn't find what I was looking for. First I'm not asking about drug testing cause I already do that. What I'm wondering is this:

Do primary care doctors do pill counts. I know they can and reserve the right to do so at any time, but is it a normal practice?? I already do randoms for them, its part of being prescribed narcotics there. I've been taking them for over 2 years now and they have never asked for one. I've never given them a reason too either. I don't go in early, or saying they got stolen or anything like that. I figure signing s contract,which I haven't done, is just a formality. I figure they can ask with or without a contract. I'm on 7.5/325 hydro and 150 mil. Lyrica. Its just something that's been on my mind the last couple days.

Thanks.

Why has it been on your mind, if you don't mind me asking? Did you pop an extra one or something? I highly doubt they would count your pills.

It's been a really bad month. The pain in my back has been almost unbearable due to the cold weather, the slipped disc, and the nerve damage.

It's been a really bad month. The pain in my back has been almost unbearable due to the cold weather, the slipped disc, and the nerve damage.

I still don't think they will request a count. Try not to stress on it too much

I don't think they will either, they never have before. Thanks for the reassurance. I'm trying my best not to stress out over it.

Need advice!! Please help...

Can someone help me with what to do when my nurse scheduled me for a pill count in a couple days and I?ve used all my Lyrica and hydrocodone early? I didn?t count correctly- but I?ll doubt they?ll believe me. I?m freaking out because I don?t want to be dropped from my program. Also, if I eat a shit load of poppyseeds, will that help me pass since I ran out too early & haven?t had any codiene in my system that *should be there....please please help

Can someone help me with what to do when my nurse scheduled me for a pill count in a couple days and I?ve used all my Lyrica and hydrocodone early? I didn?t count correctly- but I?ll doubt they?ll believe me. I?m freaking out because I don?t want to be dropped from my program. Also, if I eat a shit load of poppyseeds, will that help me pass since I ran out too early & haven?t had any codiene in my system that *should be there....please please help

I don't see what anyone can possibly suggest if the pills arent physically there (because you've used them) and the nurse is insisting on a pill count. You can't magic them. As for the drug test (I assume that's what you're asking) I think its against the rules to say how to beat a drug test. Although I think we can say that consuming poppy seeds might result in a person testing positive for morphine but it depends on whether the seeds have been washed before you get them.

As for the pill count, I think you're screwed bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.