• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can Tylenol Pm kill you?

Sleeping pills are definatly not recreationally fun. The only thing I really get from them are my eye lids start to fall and I see flashes of red when I close them in the dark. Other than that I use them for what they are for....

Sometimes when I take even one pill w/ a cup of water I wake up with a burning sensation in my liver. I wouldn't even want to know what it would feel like to OD on that stuff 8o

Im pretty sure nything in excess can kill you. I could be wrong though I mean I cant get enough Sublime!

My friend eats 20+ norcos a day, everyday which is over 7 grams of apap within a 12 hour time frame and hasn't had any liver problems. I keep telling him to chill the fuck out, but he doesn't seem to care about the fact that he might die or have liver problems. I think the whole APAP damage varies greatly, and that 4grams per day is really on the safe side and higher doses isn't always going to cause ill effects, but it very well can to certain people.

wanderlust said:
really? i have never heard that before, do you have any sources for that?
and besides melatonin and kava kava, milk thistle... what do you really suggest for sleep then?
Since I can't cut and paste information from my PDR from '97, which is where I get a lot of my drug info from, here's a page with upfront information about effects of Diphenhydramine on the cardiovascular system:
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/dihydram_ad.htm
Besides the fact I've heard Diphenhydramine does not do much good for your heart, I've heard/read a great deal on how it's not good to take as a regular sleep aid due to cognitive difficulties they've found when prescribing it as a such. I can provide sources for this if you like.
As for what I recommend for sleep, I do prefer melatonin as a regular sleep aid, because it works well for me without any noticeable side effects. If I really need something to make me sleepy and I'm not tired I'll often resort to benzos or smoke weed. I never do either on a regular basis though, that's basically if sleep is more important than what I have to do the next day.

As for Oopsz's comment:
-------
May be? Tylenol is *EXTREMELY* toxic to the liver. taking it in high doses is playing with fire.
------

I was just referencing the PDR on Tylenol PM and I'll quote the first two sentences on overdosage information here word for word to clear things up:
"Acetaminophen in massive overdosage may cause hepatic toxicity in some patients. In adults and adolescents, hepatic toxicity has rarely been reported following ingestion of acute overdoses of less than 10 grams."

Re: lethal dose of APAP (aka paracetamol):
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=588610#post588610
So I agree with Agnomaly. I also want to add that death by liver failure would be an extremely unpleasant way to die, if that is the intention of the thread starter. In particular re: overdose of APAP:
Death from hepatic failure occurs four to 18 days after ingestion
Something to think about no?

Yo Anorak! I saw this segment on 20/20 about people who take too much painrelievers due to headaches and it basically said you're weakening your brains natural pain threshold and creating a vicous cycle by upping your dosage. You have to detox and just bear with it til they stop on their own.
And don't kill yourselves with Tylenol people. Buy a bus ticket to Washington, run up on the steps of the capital and scream "End the war on drugs now!" and blow your head off or something cool along those lines.