• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

EADD Heroin Discussion v. XXII -- Brucey Bonus Beetles all round!

Keeping-hydrocodone doesn't, but hydromorphone (dilaudid) does indeed exist in the UK)

HAD to do that for some time when I got called in for a disability 'assessment' by those incompetent cretins that got fired for their worthlessness, the ones who had their contract torn up by the govt., forget with their name now, but their assessment 'doctor' didn't bother turning up, I got told I could go because he couldn't be arsed coming in to work, and then received a nasty-gram in the post telling me I'd been cut off because their doctor not being able to be arsed to turn up for work was insufficient good cause! went many months before the CAB managed to get them to cough up, and got me nearly 6K in backpay too. That was a nice windfall, even if I did have to suffer immensely because of their cutting me off. Fucking pricks. If it had been a few days later I bet it wouldn't have happened, because they got fired days later. But managed to get myself a new laptop with the 6 grand I got, plus outfit the lab with better equipment as well as richly restocking the reagent shelves and solvent cupboards.

Take it from this that you don't work. Quite pisses me off that I and a lot of other folk on here are out working 40 hours a week and our tax money is going to support your habit. If you are going to take drugs, put in a graft for them. You seem perfectly articulate on here and capable of going out and scoring regularly so whats to stop you finding some kind of job? I appreciate you will have chronic pain issues but workplaces can and will accommodate that, just pisses me off that most of us are out putting in a graft and you're just sponging benefits off the system. I know a blind diabetic capable of working a 45 hour week, if he can; you can. If you do work, then I apologise in advance for this post.

Take it from this that you don't work. Quite pisses me off that I and a lot of other folk on here are out working 40 hours a week and our tax money is going to support your habit. If you are going to take drugs, put in a graft for them. You seem perfectly articulate on here and capable of going out and scoring regularly so whats to stop you finding some kind of job? I appreciate you will have chronic pain issues but workplaces can and will accommodate that, just pisses me off that most of us are out putting in a graft and you're just sponging benefits off the system. I know a blind diabetic capable of working a 45 hour week, if he can; you can. If you do work, then I apologise in advance for this post.

I do not disagree with you. I have two neighbors that have lived in the apartment besides mine for five years. Both of them are on kontanthjælp (the Danish word), what you might call social security income. There is absolutely wrong with them, the husband told me that he couldn't see any reason for why he should work. According to him he and his wife had attempted to get several jobs as projects managers overseeing and managing big projects in companies. The problem however is that you often need the have a master degree for such jobs, and both of them had the absolut minimum level of education you can get in Denmark. But he figured education was a waste of time and the SU of get while taking a degree in Denmark is 5000 kr, whereas he and his wife due to special circumstances got 14.000 kr in social security each totaling 28.000 kr of monthly income. This is around 3200 pounds. This is more than people with jobs such as police men, nurses, teachers et cetera earn. His view of reality is completely distorted and his wife is even worth. I cannot fathom that it is possible to get this amount of money for so many years without doing absolutely nothing.

However, I think you are judging the person you write to in your post hard as you don't know his circumstances in more detail. Some people are actually that ruined that they will never be able to work. Once in rehab I meet a guy who was 30 years old. He was on 200 mg of methadone each day, He told me that in his early teens is mother send him to get or methadone and then go and sell it in exchange for heroin. When he got back she shot him up as and thank and then did herself. So each day his mother gave him heroin IV until he was old enough to do it himself. I think the best possible scenario of his life would be to be on methadone for the rest of his life. It is methadone or heroin, he have known nothing else as long as he can remember. He is ruined.

After having met him I am careful to judge people before I hear there story. sometimes you hear some absolutely terrifying life stories where you wonder how they even managed to stay alive this long.

Limpet , I think your talking about Atos the French company , and yes they were a complete bunch of cunts.

Gaaah! Every single time I set myself a date to end this break, a reason comes up why I can't score then!

Still, I'm almost certainly going to enjoy the fuck out of it when I eventually do put flame to foil .....

Hi my name is Bella I'm new to this and don't know how to create a post or a new forum hopefully someone can help me SWIY has been battling a heroin addiction that started back in September 2014 it's about to be 2 years I've tried to detox at home cold turkey and remained clean for only one month then relapsed thinking I can skip days or use only on the weekend when I first began using I only needed 1 $10 bag a day and I sniff thankfully I haven't turned to the needle even though I've been shot up by an experienced user who been shooting for over 20 years with 6 years clean my problem isn't quitting my problem is staying clean I recently went to detox and because I don't have anyone I trust to watch my daughter for the 30 day rehab following my 7 day detox which I didn't know the rehab set up for me was the ones who paid for my ticket to ft launderdale I was picked up from the air port did my detox but they kept pushing rehab on me and I kept insisting I have nobody to watch my daughter it was hard in rehab because my mother works 6 days a week she's all I trust besides her father that works 5 days and watches her Wednesday and Thursday which besides my mother is the only one who I trust those 7 days I was in detox I was only allowed one call to let my family know i was okay and luckily she was with my daughter who she had no choice but to take to work with her and complained she couldn't get work done because my daughter was disrupting her she also said we are struggling just these 7 days without you please set up an IOP in NYC where I'm from my case manager then argued with my mother saying I needed to do rehab or I wouldn't be successful my dr who was giving me 120 Xanax and 30 ambien a month cut me off because I went to detox even tho I told detox I was buying off the streets anyway the rehab threatened that they wouldn't pay my flight back and I would be stuck in Florida although I had enough money to buy my own flight home so I didn't care well I requested to do intake with an IOP so I can follow up with treatment the detox did say I had to have a plan set before discharge but wouldn't let me even do intake with an IOP in NYC before I left so I got out detox and found my way home called an IOP and the waiting list was 2 weeks long well let's cut this long story short I ended up relapsing after getting yelled at by my dr who prescribed me my Xanax and cut me off so I was on edge picked up thinking I'll use just once which of course didn't happen now I'm 7 days into usage and woke up in withdrawal this morning and I'm to ashamed to tell my mom so I blamed it on PAWS post acute withdrawal symptoms she believed me I want to know what's wrong with me why do I have no problem going CT BUT now that I went from 1 bag a day to 5-10 bags a day habit my WD is so much more intense and unbearable detox is not an option I was wondering if I can use 5 mg oxycodone I was prescribe but never used more then 10 in case I ever was sick well can I use them to taper down to minimize heroin withdrawal symptoms so I can function taking care of my 4 year old and what can I do to keep myself clean I just want this nightmare to end I'm tired of chasing I don't know why I keep relapsing any suggestions besides sub and meth maintenance I don't want to switch one addiction for another and any tips on how to stay clean and also tips on how I can create a new forum cause I'm new to this

I don't know why you started your post with the SMIY acro Bella but we don't use them for any reasons on this board. Read the Bluelight User Agreement here...

http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

...and by using and following the advice and information in that, in combination with the anonymity of your user account name and by generalising the content of your posts you should be able to able to discuss issues such as this without fear of incrimination or reprisal.

As for the rest of your post, yes, by the controlled and reducing use of oxycodone prior to a sudden cessation of opiate / opioid use - you may reduce the severity of the physical withdrawal symptoms caused by your heroin dependency, but this may ultimately be of little help or comfort when you do finally face the music as subjectively heroin withdrawal can be intolerable following all levels of dependency, as the mental aspects of the w/d syndrome or any subsequent PAWS that you may experience will not be affected by this approach, and when you are in the moment and are in physical discomfort due to heroin w/d symptoms, you may not be in the position to appreciate that you are in 30% less pain than you would be otherwise, that you only have 15 loose bowel movements over a 24 hour period instead of 30, that you are only conscious of the sensation of RLS for 12 hours a day instead of 18 etc etc. It is obviously best that you cease your use on the lowest dose possible if you are going to attempt a CT - but heroin withdrawal sucks bigtime regardless of how much you were taking and the mere fact that you may have managed to reduce the severity of the physical discomfort prior to the symptoms appearing may ultimately be irrelevant come the time due to other internal and external factors around you.

It's a common position for a heroin dependent person to be in, and with only 2 years of dependency under your belt you may have not been around the block enough times to accept that most of the problems that heroin causes are just flat facts and that there are no ways once you have become addicted to get around or avoid any of the major obstacles that face most of us once we decide that we actually want to get clean, which is in itself a transient concept as I would expect that many users do 'want' to get clean, but DON'T want to stop using. That's me in a nutshell anyway.

If you do want to stop using, apart from going 'cold turkey' the only other real option is to accept a prescription for a substitute opiate and then use that to either maintain your addiction while you reduce the rest of the chaos in your life that heroin addiction causes (most importantly they help break that cycle of raising money, scoring, waking up sick as a dog back at square one so you have to raise money and ad infinitum).

I avoided a methadone prescription through 10 years of cycling through heroin addiction until my home circumstances became so demanding I did not have the space, time or peace to manage a cold turkey (something I have done successfully on many occasions, so well that I have in fact relapsed immediately on about half the occasions from celebrating my freedom by smoking / shooting a bag or 6) but after 18 months of maintenance on a 'therapeutic' dose, I managed to finally break the entrenched behavioural cycle I have described above, and am now on a 5ml/ month reduction that should see me in a position to swap onto buprenorphine at a low dose in the autumn, after which I have the chance at gaining a place at residential rehabilitation service that claims that they will be able to detox me from the bupe in 2-4 weeks in their inpatient detox unit prior to the start of a 14 week CBT based rehab course that is my last chance to 're - wire' my brain, as I love drugs but they have and continue to impede my progress in anything else in life, and as much as I would just love to sit here and rot I still have a few miles left on the clock that does not make this a tenable option. If you are already addicted to heroin, by accepting a substitute prescription, you are not swapping one addiction for another, you are just swapping the drug that is to maintain it from one that is inconsistent in strength, effect and safety and that you have to chaotically prioritise things to obtain, to one that has very little of these problems and is, to patients in the UK, free (EDIT: at the point of supply anyway).

Unfortunately, you appear to live on the land of the free, where unlike us commies, one has to pay for everything including the right to be well and happy so unfortunately I cannot be of any more help with regards to the U.S. specificities of drug dependency treatment, but there are forums on Bluelight that do, such as our counterparts in the North and South American Social and Drug Discussion Forum that can be found here..

http://http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/138-North-amp-South-American-Social-amp-Drug-Discussion

...or for more specific advice surrounding heroin addiction and treatment, please have a read and / or post on our 'Other Drugs' board
58-Other-Drugs
, and most importantly, the same applies to the to sub - forums that make up our 'Recovery Support' section, which are all here http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/268-Recovery-Support

Last edited:
something weird keeps happening to me; sometimes whilst im nodding off i'll get like a spasm/'jerk. its normally in my hands or arms but its happened a couple of times in my legs too - anyone else get this?

myoclonic jerks, Yep, I have been getting them badly since being on methadone, usually when I'm falling asleep

Once nearly kicked my laptop off my bed!

Yeah I get them bad , makes my Mrs jump like fuck lol.
Got this other weird thing I do when I'm sleeping/ goofing in bed. I lay on my back with my arms out stretched and gently stroke the insides of my biceps. Like WTF ?
She's filmed me doing it ,I look like a soppy Frankenstein tickling himself.

I've had, a few times, a sensation like being suddenly jerked awake out of a nod.

I never paid much mind to it, though; because I always just assumed it was a bit like how sometimes, when you are just falling asleep, you experience a sensation like falling and then suddenly landing hard in your bed. Only, this happened while (sort of) sitting on a sofa, as opposed to lying in a bed.

pls don't forget to link to the new thread,julie.Or whoever is feeling responsible for moving us onwards to V23

LINK to new thread

Last edited by a moderator: