• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with oxy

GuyKun

Greenlighter
Hello!

I have been on oxy for about 2 months. I found some in the house and was stealing them. For about a month it was 20-30mg a day. By the last 2 weeks, I was doing maybe 80-100mg a day, and started snorting. I have just decided to stop and this is the end of my 2nd day of not taking anymore. I've read the withdrawal symptoms and I have gotten some of the typical ones, restlessness, weird appetite, vomiting, stomach cramps, lost of energy, insomnia, and some depression.
I was lucky enough to stop now before I kept going I guess, but im scared about the sysmptoms. Based on my dosage, I don't know how long my symptoms will last, if this is even worth going to a clinic for. I have chose to fight this thing, but I don't want to be stubborn and do it the wrong way. Day 2 is total hell and I can't wait for it be over.

hello GuyKun and welcome to BL :)

i'm moving your thread from homeless -----> BDD

Hey, welcome aboard. I'm glad you have decided to stop your oxycodone use. It's hard to quit cold turkey, and it isn't suggested with opiods.. but with help it can be done.

The length & severity of the withdrawal symptoms you're experiencing depend on the amount you took, the length of time you used it, your ROA and the severity of your dependence.

Were you just popping the pills, or taking them a different way? I see you've only been using for one and a half months, so don't expect a very lengthy withdrawal.

I really suggest getting some Methadone, or Suboxone. This will greatly reduce that uncomfortable feeling and it'll be easier on your body.

Last edited:
So, you say it was about 20-30mg/day for a day for the first month, and by the last 14 days it was about 80-100,g/day.
I'll tell you that you're probably going to be be subject to withdrawal symptoms that are equivalent to a pretty harsh flu/cold.
The fact that you just about quadrupled your dose in a month shows that you're right in the realm of addiction.
I've been there, done that, and trust me, don't bother going to a clinic or anything like that. No need to prolong an addiction
that you've caught at such an early time.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY,
You got out early enough! Congratulations! Tough it out!
Don't mess with suboxone, methadone, or any of that shit. That will just keep you opiate/opiod dependant.

This is coming from someone who quit off of 10 mg/day of oxymorphone daily for about 6 months.
Even I got off early.
I would say oxymorphone withdrawal is thougher to deal with than oxycodone, and on top of that, I was doing it longer than you.

My savior was LOPERAMIDE.
Go to the drug store, and buy some loperamide OTC. You can even find it at the dollar store. For me it was 24x2mg for $1.

I took 4 mg/day for about a week, then 2 mg/day for the next week, and then I weened myself to 0 for the next week.
Also, whenever I had really INTENSE cravings, I would take some Kratom. It helps fulfill your opiate-obsessed brain without ruining everything.
It took me about a month to get back to homeostasis, and that was mostly because of loperamide and kratom.

PM me if you have any questions.

So, you say it was about 20-30mg/day for a day for the first month, and by the last 14 days it was about 80-100,g/day.
I'll tell you that you're probably going to be be subject to withdrawal symptoms that are equivalent to a pretty harsh flu/cold.
The fact that you just about quadrupled your dose in a month shows that you're right in the realm of addiction.
I've been there, done that, and trust me, don't bother going to a clinic or anything like that. No need to prolong an addiction
that you've caught at such an early time.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY,
You got out early enough! Congratulations! Tough it out!
Don't mess with suboxone, methadone, or any of that shit. That will just keep you opiate/opiod dependant.

This is coming from someone who quit off of 10 mg/day of oxymorphone daily for about 6 months.
Even I got off early.
I would say oxymorphone withdrawal is thougher to deal with than oxycodone, and on top of that, I was doing it longer than you.

My savior was LOPERAMIDE.
Go to the drug store, and buy some loperamide OTC. You can even find it at the dollar store. For me it was 24x2mg for $1.

I took 4 mg/day for about a week, then 2 mg/day for the next week, and then I weened myself to 0 for the next week.
Also, whenever I had really INTENSE cravings, I would take some Kratom. It helps fulfill your opiate-obsessed brain without ruining everything.
It took me about a month to get back to homeostasis, and that was mostly because of loperamide and kratom.

PM me if you have any questions.

I don't know how to pm so ill reply here. How much Kratom did you use to help with cravings

Yup, imodium/loperamide helped me during detox. 30 mgs on day 1 and then went down 10mgs daily until I reached 0. I wasn't 100% but I felt about 75%. Few more nights of shitty sleep and it was basically over. Was on heroin for many years that's why I started at 30mg dose. I don't advise it but it helped me.

Oh dude, sorry I didn't see your reply! I know it's been a while, and hopefully you're off the stuff by now, but I'll reply in case you aren't and/or for future reference.

Basically with kratom, you have to find your own sweet spot, because every supplier/strain is different. I will say that for someone in opiate withdrawals though, it's a lot harder to overdo it. As in, an opiate naive person or someone with a low tolerance to opiates could take 7 grams their first time and fucking puke and feel the hands of death, but if that same person had a high tolerance to opiates and took 7 grams, they'd just feel relieved and possibly high.

I would start with 5-6 grams on the 2nd or 3rd day off of your opiate of choice. Also, you should have already taken 4 mg of loperamide on day 1 without your opiate. That should hold you off for day 1, and possibly 2. The real place that kratom comes in handy is the mental aspect. It definitely fulfills (for the most part) your mental obsession with opiates and satiates your thirst for the drug. Loperamide is more useful for the physical stuff, like overly dilated pupils and diarrhea.

You probably won't feel "high" (in the traditional sense) off of kratom during withdrawals, but rather "high" in the sense that you're so fucking relieved and happy to not be suffering anymore. I mean really, when I use kratom every once in a while now, I get a codeine-like high, but during withdrawals it was just like a "high on life" kind of thing, if that makes sense. That feeling of "Oh shit man, I feel normal again! Holy shit! Yes!"

Anyways, shoot away at around 5-6 grams during withdrawals, assuming it's powdered, and not some sort of enhanced powder or tincture. That's the dose I used, and after by the end of the month long withdrawals I was up to a good 10 grams a day. By that point, I was off of the loperamide, so I started using the loperamide again when I quit the kratom, since loperamide is not really physically/mentally addicting.

So, once over:
1. Loperamide every day.
2. Kratom when needed.
3. Stop loperamide when you are almost out of the woods for your opiate dependence.
4. Stop kratom about a week after you can tell your opiate dependence is gone/not very noticeable.
5. Start loperamide right after you stop the kratom, and taper down over a week.