MAPS Schizo-affective/Schizophrenic research involving psychedelics?

IndigoLilac

Greenlighter
I'm curious about current relevant research regarding psychedelic treatment in schizo-affective disorder and schizophrenia. They don't seem to be the highlight in current studies, and some allege that psychedelics can cause or exacerbate those conditions. I've read that psilocybin helps the hemispheres of the brain communicate, but it's been a while since I've read that study so can't cite it for reference and I do not know if that is actually beneficial. Typical pharmaceuticals seem like the end of the road for these conditions, as I'm not aware of any treatments which are either administered only occasionally, or as the case with PTSD and MDMA, a few sessions.

I have a schizo-affective disorder or at the least a history of psychosis,

unlike other drugs hallucinogens and entactogens don't exacerbate my "condition"

i havent really had a good trip ever since my schizophrenia started, but i think its coincidence, id say its anxiety and depression that keep me from tripping, why trip if theres no where comfortable left in the world, its makes me feel more anxious, thats for sure, it does help my depression though,ALOT

id say i trip more than a normal person on a equipotent dose though, for instance, it only takes about 18-24 just to start having sleep deprivation hallucinations for me, i once had a complete psycotic break after only 3 days awake, that may sound like alot, but most people START tripping like i would at 24 hours, at 72 hours, and psycotic breaks take a week normally ive noticed from experience reports

^ Psychedelics cure schizophrenia...? I can't recommend people pursue any psychiatric treatment without proper guidance. In any situation several different versions of schizophrenia probably exists. Each of the flavors probably has unique combinations of causes and effective treatments. Perhaps the desensitization of 5HT1 and 5HT2 receptors subsequent DMT consumption could have had a beneficial antagonistic effect in your situation. Antagonism of those receptors is often a primary effect of atypical antipsychothics these days.

I think we're going to agree having a set of guidelines and guidance is of great benefit in psychiatric treatment. We should recommend people with schizophrenia should only proceed with a psychiatric medication regimen with such guidance.

Last edited: