Bluelight

Thread: Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13232930313233
  1. Collapse Details

i'm thankful that a website like workaway exists, which connects travellers with hosts for cultural exhange. i'm thankful i live in an age of technology where the internet exists, plane travel exists, free flow of information is possible.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterie View Post
    i'm thankful that a website like workaway exists, which connects travellers with hosts for cultural exhange. i'm thankful i live in an age of technology where the internet exists, plane travel exists, free flow of information is possible.
    Wow cool site!! Are you traveling right now??

I am thankful that I have a place to stay while I save money and figure out where I am going next. Thankful for my job.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by yompf View Post
    Wow cool site!! Are you traveling right now??

I am thankful that I have a place to stay while I save money and figure out where I am going next. Thankful for my job.
    i used the site to stay with 3 different hosts in QLD, australia (i'm from SA, australia) for 2 months, it honestly changed the way i am approaching life quite radically, in a small amount of time. so i'm planning to save up money now so i can use the site further away from home, and get some deeper insight into other cultures and ways of being.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm thankful for my family. Before I had gone in for treatment I was ashamed and couldn't talk about my drug problem, thinking they would judge me and no longer accept me or look at me the same. They proved me wrong, showing support throughout the entire process. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong.

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    ^Mafioso, I am so happy for you. I think the harshest judgments always come from inside ourselves.

cooler weather!

6. Collapse Details

The Dark Side
    I'm good but in my case I don't think my wife will ever forgive me, ever!! We've been through too much, too often and too tragically. We are still together, but it's not easy. Drug talks are totally inappropriate now. Not even movies about the subject. We have lived a wonderful life until I almost died in a hospital. Things just escalated from there, and now that I've been sober for way over two years, she believes I'm cured for good. Oh well..

I am quite grateful for my beautiful kids. They are finding out little by little but too far from being judged. They haven't seen anything and the got the best from me. We all still love each other and should I fall again, I trust they will be there for me. I'm glad I'm growing older and that alone is extra shield that helps me to stay sober.

7. Collapse Details

^
    2.75 years is no small feat!

Amen for the Cooler Weather H. That high pressure system was becoming a CA resident.

8. Collapse Details

The Dark Side
    Thanks JA, sobriety time can be a lit scary. Imagine the size of the fall!! One day at a time my friend!

9. Collapse Details

The Dark Side
    I am thankful I can count with people a trust. This very small group seems to be getting a bit larger as I move forward.
    Thankful for having my kids with different versions of fun compared to mine at their age.
    Thankful to be alive and with a companion, despite of our discussions.
    Thankful for having my dog living on extra time, he's getting old but he's happy, still healthy. He has a problem with his eye, and that can't be fixed, so as long as he's happy I am happy.

Wish you all a great weekend!!

10. Collapse Details

^ how beautiful is that to read? No better person to experience that. 😁❤️

The people who've supported me in my life...And experience. Sadness has been the wisest teacher. Made me stronger than i could have imagined.

11. Collapse Details

Thankful for the new Marc Maron standup special on Netflix.

If anyone needs a good laugh, watch it! I'm extremely thankful he was kind, generous and even recognized me when we met a few years ago! I'm just a silly girl who fell in love with his witty brain.

12. Collapse Details

Today, I am thankful for given the opportunity to go and speak with some kids(adolescents) about my own struggles with drug addiction and alcoholism.
    Maybe one of them will listen to me and try something different (when facing the stress's at school) instead of doing drugs.

13. Collapse Details

The Dark Side
    Maybe a lot of them on the long term. I was once a volunteer in one rehab, sometimes it can be frustrating but it's a joy when you see that some of them are really reaching out for help.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by herbavore View Post
    ^Mafioso, I am so happy for you. I think the harshest judgments always come from inside ourselves.

cooler weather!
    Thanks herb, and that is the truth. I thought for sure they would think I was a pos and disown me, but I guess that probably stemmed from my own views of myself. They've been nothing but supportive.

I am thankful to have my license again. I haven't been able to drive since my DUI in January of this year.

15. Collapse Details

25 days without cigarettes here!

That includes vaping too. The only forms of nicotine I've been ingesting are Nicorette lozenges (lots of 'em) and the occasional nicotine patch. I think I'm past the hardest part of the physical and mental withdrawal, but the cravings are still there. On the plus side, my lungs (and my wallet!) feel so much better very thankful!

16. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    ^ how beautiful is that to read? No better person to experience that. ��❤️

The people who've supported me in my life...And experience. Sadness has been the wisest teacher. Made me stronger than i could have imagined.
    What has always surprised me about sadness as a teacher is how gentle it a teacher it is once you get past the fear of entering the classroom.

17. Collapse Details

I am thankful that I have learned when to say no to drugs. I have a bit of self control mostly because I'm terrified of going through withdrawals again. Especially benzo withdrawal. I guess I am thankful that I decided to care.

18. Collapse Details

^well I am in a drug related benzo related predicament . I did not say no soon enough. Lol. But I will say that I am GRATEFUL and thankful that I have learned a lesson today.!! Whatever I thought before ... Was WRONG. And I will NOT forget. I will rejoice that I have learned this . And not do it again.

19. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    All the sweet souls that find their way here and the love and support they share.

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by yompf View Post
    I am thankful that I have learned when to say no to drugs. I have a bit of self control mostly because I'm terrified of going through withdrawals again. Especially benzo withdrawal. I guess I am thankful that I decided to care.
    Right on. I never really thought about it like that. I didn't get sober until I was arrested, but even still when I look at how reckless I was living, in many ways I am grateful for getting arrested as it marks the day that I stopped using a list of drugs.

I guess deep down, I really am grateful for the day that I got arrested. Not everything about getting arrested has been positive and my legal situation is something I am still dealing with, but at least I got clean because of it.

21. Collapse Details

I am thankful for Sirius satellite radio. Listening to Howard and all the music channels makes me feel good.

I am thankful for the strength in my body. I ran harder and longer today. Beat my record.

I am thankful for God never giving up on me.

I am thankful my mother will be ok and hopefully she’ll be coming home from the hospital today.

I am thankful for my boyfriend and his sincere love.

I am thankful for my friend who is always there for me.

I am thankful for my granny. She’s fun to watch TV with. haha

I am thankful for my Venus flytraps. They are beautiful and eat flies like a champ! Fun to take care of them.

22. Collapse Details

I am thankful for my soberity, working this 1 day a time. Thankful that I have a higher power today that I stay in contact with.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by D's View Post
    I am thankful for my soberity, working this 1 day a time. Thankful that I have a higher power today that I stay in contact with.
    Amen. I downloaded Joel Osteen’s free app and it’s helpful to see his daily word. Today’s message:

“Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."
    Psalm 119:37

“In order to live the life of victory God has promised, you have to be very selective about what you give your time and attention to. You have to recognize which thoughts to ignore, which comments to ignore, and sometimes, which people to ignore. Every “battle” that comes across your path is not a battle that you’re supposed to fight. Many battles are simply distractions to try to lure you off course. If that battle is not between you and your God-given destiny, it’s a battle you should ignore.

Many people get thrown off course because they are always trying to straighten everyone else out or win their approval. But if that’s your focus, you are wasting valuable time and energy that you should be using to pursue your dreams. Turn away from that distraction! You don’t need the approval of everyone around you; you only need God’s approval!

Friend, it’s very freeing when you realize you don’t have to fight every battle. You don’t have to straighten people out. You don’t have to pay somebody back. Instead, focus on what matters, focus on God and His Word so you can live in peace and happiness every day of your life!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY:

“Father, thank You for ordering my steps. Thank You for planning good things for me. Help me to discern the things I should ignore. Help me to avoid distractions as I focus my heart and mind on You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

24. Collapse Details

Good stuff c2c! I will be going to a celebrate recovery meeting tomorrow night, and i really like this one.

I was just thinking how thankful/grateful i am for not living my life on skid row anymore. That now minus the drugs and alcohol I feel capable of doing great things with my life!
    I must never forget where I came from, and when I see a drunk man or woman I must never smile or joke because 'there goes I', must keep that humility, and never look down on others.

Thankful that I have my mother in my life again, even tho we only talk on the weekends we call each other now, and share how our week went.feels really good because there for a long while my mother or stepdad would not dare to answer any calls from me, now they are really happy that my life has done a complete 180!
    Still need to work on the communication with my sister, i cannot diagnose anyone with alcoholism or addiction. I just see patterns that my sister does that I am worried about.
    Anywho thats another discussion, just really thankful that i have a bed to sleep in, and not a box.grateful that i have a sink, and running water and i dont have to walk mile(s) to get fresh water, thankful that i have people to talk to now days that only want the best for me.
    Really grateful that i have a reason to live today.

25. Collapse Details

I'm thankful I'm getting my relationships back on track. For 15 years I was in a haze and finally starting to clear my mind.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13232930313233