• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

^ I'm sorry EXjg that you are going through this tough times. Being clean must be hard but you growing strong.

I used to think about suicide until I learned that it couldn't save me. On the contrary it seemed to put me right back in a worst spot than before. I know this may sound a cliche but this will pass. It's phase, it comes and goes and with time you'll learn to deal with it.

I'm thankful I've stood up for my someone today and it wasn't that bad. It's good to be ourselves for a change. ;)

Erik

Thank you so much for your support :)
You have helped me a lot though all this crazy shit.
Everyday is just a complete cycle of every emotion. I feel stuff and will have no reason for it. I have no want of actually doing that I just get really deep into playing with the idea and I don't know why.
But that being said, I'm thankful to feel these emotions to an extent. I'm thankful for Erik :)
I'm thankful for being at day 48.
<3

No thank you Erik <3
I'm so thankful for today. I feel like I got a real change of mind tonight.
I'm so grateful for my recovery. I'm so grateful for my sponsor. I finally really connected with her on a whole new level. I wasn't feeling too sure about her being my sponsor but after tonight I know I made the right choice. We hung out and just talked and both opened up to each other for like 2 hours. It was amazing. My heart finally isn't pounding out of my chest.
I'm just so thankful I feel better and so thankful I finally feel worthy to feel happy.
:)
<3
EXjg

Bump. This is such a good thing that needs to keep going.

Right now I am thankful for friends. Mainly friends I have made on BL that I can 100% be myself to. Then friends like my roommate who makes food for me and actually cleans up :) it's a good thing. (Even if I am not too happy about certain life choices he has made for himself recently) he is a good friend and a good guy.
I am thankful I have realized that I can't control other peoples choices and am even more thankful I have realized that just because they have made that choice and I am their friend doesn't mean I have to make the same choices.
<3
EXjg

^ awesome! Sounds like a great time :)
Today I am thankful for yet another day of being clean! I'm at day 52 today :)
I am also thankful for my sponsor. She is amazing. She got me a year membership to a gym today. Right now I'm riding a stationary bike while on BL. Haha fuck yeah! It feels great to not only get out of my bed but to be working on my body and my body image. I have been feeling pretty down these last few days. I have put some more weight on these last few days that I had lost just like a week and a half ago. And now I have been catching up on my sleeping and eating and it's just not good for well anyone. I'm rambling..sorry haha.
:)
I'm thankful for all the friends I am making :)
<3
EXjg

Last edited:
I am thankful that I joined BL and the support I have found here. I have 23 days today clean and I just feel like I have been through a war, body aches. It's funny that Junkie girl you are on bike, my birthday coming up and I asked my kids for that, an exercise bike with odometer ! I am also very sad about my son but I need to process this sober, thank you !

^ Congratulations for your 23 days!
It's awful in the beginning, I know. You'll get better and things will be easier soon.

Believe in yourself. Know that you can do whatever you wish to. If you need help, we're here.
Wish you well! :D

I'm thankful for having had the strength to go through all of these 11 months. It's not easy.
And I feel I have to keep working on myself every day, sometimes every hour.
Today was a tough day. People take granted I know stuff and don't train me properly.

But I'm grateful that I can handle these frustrations so that I can address these issues with maturity.
I'm thankful for BL everyday. All the time. And makes very happy to see people struggling to get sober.
I was inspired to live and now I know I can.

^Thank you Erik. When I first joined you once said" stick around" , made me feel part of something, and for that I am thankful, and feel like my recovery is part of this too, I am motivated thanks!

Last edited:
No problem man.
You are definitely part of something. I'm happy you realized that.
Motivation is the best thing you could use now.
Keep it up! :)

Finally got all my stuff moved out of the house. Now I'm just waiting on the security deposit...

^ ditto.

I'm thankful for starting my 55th day clean!
Even though it's a fucked up situation and it doesn't make it okay or acceptable.. I'm thankful for my roommate for being a live in reminder that I don't want to go back to using and soo thankful I'm not waking up sick anymore with the only remedy being a needle in my neck. Or anywhere else for that matter. Fuck I'm so grateful for that. But that being said, I'm not even gonna lie, it's so fucking hard knowing there is needles and dope in the room next to me :(
I'm thankful I'm doing better mentally, still not sleeping great but I'm just not letting that stop me anymore. I'm thankful I feel like I can get out of bed and at least accomplish more then just going to a meeting. I get to go grocery shopping and go to the gym today, never thought the thought of that would bring tears of happiness to my eyes.
I just have a lot to be proud of today. I'm just so thankful I can actually not only be proud of myself but love and accept myself.
And lastly, I'm soo soo thankful for the new awesome people I have in my life and part of my family today

<3
EXjg

I'm grateful to see my daughter growing and soon becoming a fine young lady.
She's studying and working. I'm very proud of her. She seems to know life can hit and it can be hard.
But regardless I'm thankful for the beauty of her life without nothing to hold her back.

Thank you jg. <3

I'm thankful for my work break today. I'll get an assistant after almost 20 years.
Not sure if this is a good sign though. ;)

^ a toast for better working days!!

Grateful for earning my space at work and for the time off.
Overtime was duly noted and accounted for. :)

Today i am thankful to still have power while 90,000 other NJ residents dont!