TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

Yes, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was done!;) The beautiful thing about aging is that you do quite naturally start to accept your past and feel gratitude for it--regardless of how crazy or misguided it was at the time. Maybe it takes a whole lifetime to get back to a state of self-acceptance that was originally installed in every one of us at birth. If you look at it that way--the inevitable erosion of self and then the rebuilding/reclaiming of self later on, it is kind of a neat equation.

I'm hopeful that will happen someday. It gives me hope.

Thankful to have a new job starting this week.

Congrats simco! And good luck!!

^ Ditto.

I am thinking seriously why is my work so involved with my private life. It's not that bad but at end of the day I realize that we eat together, go out quite frequently. I used to love this connection we have, except that there's very little privacy after a while.

Last edited:
Congrats NSA!

I have been sober from benzos and opiates for 2.5 years. I still drink a lot of coffee and smoke very casually though.

Thankful that I have a job doing event and wedding catering as well as working in the actual deli restaurant. $12.50 an hour during events, and I've been losing hope lately about finding another job opportunity.
Thankful for the motivation from my friends and family to get my life in order.
Also thankful for registering for fall classes to complete my undergraduate studies and moving close to my future as a cardiac surgeon.

Thankful to see my children doing way better than me. They are healthy, social and I am very proud they have good friends. These past 2.5 years being sober made me realize how great it is to be present for your kids. Even before, under MMT treatment life was already different from their early years.

Thankful for today. For having goals and being a little more motivated.

thankful for people that willingly express their compassion/warmth/love, to strangers even.

being treated kindly brings colour back into the world

Thankful for God's grace and mercy.
Thankful I'm still alive and survived thoughts of wanting to be dead.
Thankful I started writing a book.
Thankful for someone who loves me.
Thankful for being able to buy food for my family.
Thankful for my beautiful family.
Thankful for music.

I'm thankful to be 4 miles away from the beach, especially when it's 118* (48*c) in Phoenix, AZ.

Last edited:
Wow man, that's so great! :) It must be burning hot there now.

Thankful for this beautiful day. Going to the movie later and help to plan my daughter's travel.

Thankful for someone who loves me.
Thankful for being able to buy food for my family.
Thankful for my beautiful family.
Thankful for music.

Ditto.
I'm feeling I'm starting to appreciate all of these life gifts. It took me so long, and I'm also grateful for having my brain back to me, my mind working faster and being able to keep my job for so long, although I'm feeling older and much more worried just about anything and everything. Family, work, health, future, etc.

Ditto.
I'm feeling I'm starting to appreciate all of these life gifts. It took me so long, and I'm also grateful for having my brain back to me, my mind working faster and being able to keep my job for so long, although I'm feeling older and much more worried just about anything and everything. Family, work, health, future, etc.

You're healthy and doing well. That makes me happy. Worry will be there, but you will overcome it and continue to succeed. Listening to a sermon and it's speaking about how we are designed to carry a "healthy" amount of pressure. Sometimes, we put more pressure on ourselves that we don't need.

Thinking of things we're grateful for helps to stir up love and passion. Gratitude makes the day better. Our best days are still ahead of us!