• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

i'm thankful for the compassionate people that shine some light to help guide us to the end of the tunnel.

^ ditto your ditto.
Very very beautifully put mysterie.
Like seriously I'm just speechless right now lol that just seriously took my feelings and put it into text for me.
I was coming on here to say something to that effect, just wouldn't have been as eloquent.
So I'm thankful for people who put my feelings in to beautiful words for me, especially this morning, my brain is just mush after not even 2 hours of sleep in 2 nights. Sigh... I'm just still so thankful for starting another day clean, starting day 41 today :) it blows my mind when I really sit here and think about how it's ACTUALLY been 41 days already... Sometimes it feels like it's been years and sometimes, most of the time, it feels like it's been like maybe 2 weeks at the very most.
Time is soo weird
<3
EXjg

I'm thankful for my parents and brother, best friend, lover, and all the kindhearted and friendly strangers I talk to every day.
I'm thankful that even though I'm not sober, my abuse is not nearly what it was 6 months ago.
I'm thankful that I strive to make every day a good day, and to accept reality when I end up having a crappy day.
I'm thankful that people see the good in me, and that when I'm clearly struggling, they see that I'm trying even harder.
I'm thankful for my resilience, my knowledge, my artistic ability, and I am thankful that I found God one night when I had sobbed for hours telling myself there's no way out of this awful life, and how I'd then felt a calming wave over me and I knew it was going to be ok.
Ever since that night, I've tried to take care of myself the best I can, and it has turned around my relationships, work performance, balance..

Thankful that I'm keepin' the faith
=D

Last edited:
At moments like this, it's hard for me to feel thankful. But I feel like I can honestly say I am thankful for another day clean. I know I say that everyday but it's all I really have at this moment.

One more day clean is a great thing to be thankful for!!
I believe at the end of the day we realize how strong we can be and that we are slowly moving on.
One day at a time!

Thankful for just being able to actually getting some okay sleep last night. After being up for 3 days pretty much crying it was much needed.
Like always thankful for starting day 43 clean :)
Thankful for the few amazing genuine people I have in my life
<3
EXjg

Oh yeah never thought I would be thankful for my roommates gf (really long story) but she went to Victoria secrets and bought me a new bra and panty set and new yoga pants because she knows I have been struggling with my body image since getting clean and putting some weight on and she just wanted me to feel good about myself. So that was like super nice and thoughtful. It's crazy the people you would never expect to care like show they care at the right exact time for you.

Last edited:
^ Congratulations for your 43 days clean. I'm almost reaching full 11 months.

I'm grateful for the having my emotions back. I finally living a real life and learning how to deal with routine problems by myself.
I would have grown more mature if it wasn't for the time I've lost being numb and stupid.

Grateful for having the hope and certainty that I'll be able to handle things better if I'm sober. I had never thought in a million years I'd get so far. I thank Bluelight for that. It seems this is the only place I can be myself.

Been awhile and thought of you guys. Celebrated 4 years clean on the 5th. Big thanks to herbavore for saving my life many years ago. I wouldn't be here without you.

^ that's amazing! Congrats :)

I feel like I repeat myself like everyday lol but whatever it feels good to type out and share it regardless..
I am thankful for this amazing guy I have in my life. I don't really know if I would of survived today without him. <3 (you will never know how much I really appreciate you)
I am thankful for my roommate last night, he cleaned my closet for me, has helped me organize all my moms things so I can now have room for my stuff and found all these baby pictures of me, that I never even thought I would see again. It was just fucking awesome of him. :)
I am thankful I got to go through all my moms important paper work. And that I did get those pictures and got to see them. Annnd that I was looking through some backpacks and $40 fell out :)
I am thankful for the few other amazing non-judgemental friends I have in my life.
I am thankful that I actually feel thankful for things today. I have just had really fucked up thoughts and feelings today. And I'm so grateful those feelings passed.
And finally, the most important.
I am thankful for making it through another day clean, especially after having just feelings of wanting everything to end. Today was my 45th :)
<3
EXjg

You're acomplishing the miraculous EXjg.

This is no fkn joke. Please remember to give yourself the unbelievable credit you have already earned:)

Please learn to be kind to yourself. So often we are ludicrously hard on ourselfs.

Who are YOY.. how do YOU need to behave so YOU love YOU.. what do YOU love. YOU are the only one who knows;)

I'm celebrating my 33rd birthday on the 16th and it will be the 1st time I've been sober, completely sober, (no methadone or sub) in over 10 years. I am definitely glad to be able to still be here to have another birthday and be sober along with it!!!!! I feel truly blessed to be given a second chance at living a normal drug free life!!!!!! Sometimes it is hard but I just remind myself of all the hard work it took for me to get this far and not to throw it all away now, it only takes 1 time then your hooked AGAIN and we all know what happens next.......so for all you guys out there living the clean life, congrats and keep going. To those who are still using.....there is hope for you and help if you want it, I used to think it was impossible for me to ever be clean but here i am, so If I can do it then anyone can!!!!!!

You're acomplishing the miraculous EXjg.

This is no fkn joke. Please remember to give yourself the unbelievable credit you have already earned:)

Please learn to be kind to yourself. So often we are ludicrously hard on ourselfs.

Who are YOY.. how do YOU need to behave so YOU love YOU.. what do YOU love. YOU are the only one who knows;)

Totally smiling hard right now! :) thanks so much for your kind words :)

It's hard to remember that sometimes, so thanks for reminding me of that.

Thankful for neversickanymore's awesome words of encouragement :)
<3

I'm happy for you Exjg! :)

This thread is going well. Good to see so many people trying and recovering. Nice!
One day at a time! Moving forward.

I'm thankful for getting that far. Grateful for having worked so much and still wanting to come here to say hi. :)

^ thanks!

I am thankful I am not feeling suicidal anymore. I have really has some fuuucked up days this last week.
I am thankful for all the different people on BL, around me showing me that I can get through this!
I am thankful for day 46 being over! Today has been the hardest day for me thus far.
<3
EXjg

i'm thankful to be here, especially such an interesting era to be alive.

^me too.

Thankful for my sobriety and 10 months, 25 days!! :)

Every day matters. :)

^ that's so awesome Erikman!

I'm thankful for another day clean. I am thankful for all 47 of them, actually.
I am so thankful for the people who care about me from my NA group. This lady took me out for dinner after the meeting and gave me some money for food. I have never had anyone do something like that for me. It just felt so good and came right when I really needed it to.
I'm again thankful I got over my suicidal thoughts today. Those are really fucking with me. I hope they will stop, I so don't even want to do anything like that.
Last but certainly not least, I am so thankful for this wonderful guy I know <3 he's just amazing and at times I feel like I am not worthy or deserving of his attention but he does a great great job at reminding me that i am.

<3
EXjg