• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

Dank bud from some cool people for being laid back and honest.

EDIT. If is a wonderful medical cure, then straight HR.

Last edited:
Managed to exercise before work. It feels great although I do feel completely tired now.

Cooked a nice meal and now eat the second plate, drove with bicycle ~7 Km...

I am grateful it's Friday! This has been a long week, and I am looking forward to the weekend. :)

Yes, pretty colorful and sunny. That can make all the difference, especially if you're near the coast.

I'm glad March is over and we are soon working with new projects, including some time off in July.

It's spring!

All along Pacific Coast Highway the Wildflowers are in massive bloom. Even more so because of all the rains we got this year. They don't last all that long but I'm glad to have gotten the chance to see them. I bet Northern California is nice too with less developed coastal areas.

Yes, I'm bummed that Big Sur is totally inaccessible from the north. I bet the lupines and poppies are incredible this year.<3

I found out I had some type of saving account that was blocked when I left a former employer 20+ years ago. It seems that this small sum was finally released, available as from June, 6! I didn't even know about it, and now that I have accessed their site I was surprised to see how much interests made it so much more interesting. :) Great timing!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm bummed that Big Sur is totally inaccessible from the north. I bet the lupines and poppies are incredible this year.<3

I hope they can repair the access from the north within a few months as Big Sur is breath taking. Actually anywhere in the Los Padres Forest from Carmel to Cambria is worth seeing. I can't forget to mention the Sequoia Nat. park or the redwoods either. Hope they remain protected areas forever. The Lupines are the ones that look like the multi colored popsicles from ice-cream trucks I think. Even arid ares like Lancaster are blooming with hectares of orange California poppies (eschscholzia californicas).

237px-Cal_poppy.jpg

Teachers.

I hope they can repair the access from the north within a few months as Big Sur is breath taking. Actually anywhere in the Los Padres Forest from Carmel to Cambria is worth seeing. I can't forget to mention the Sequoia Nat. park or the redwoods either. Hope they remain protected areas forever. The Lupines are the ones that look like the multi colored popsicles from ice-cream trucks I think. Even arid ares like Lancaster are blooming with hectares of orange California poppies (eschscholzia californicas).

237px-Cal_poppy.jpg

A friend of mine is going backpacking soon in this area, instead of Big Sur, very soon. More than a little envious.

+1
I'm only about 2 hours from Antelope Valley ^ and Anza Borrego state park. v

th

I'd like to get my friend to go with me and bring his RAV / Drone with it's 4k camera to help show the vast size. Anza Borrego also has a bunch of 20' metal sculptures that are awesome in their own right.
Try to get some pics and when I stop being a lazy shite I'll do the same.

^Somewhere deep in the far away past pages of TDS lurks a photo thread--we need to revive it starting with that photo! Also, my late son started a thread called "Why You Love Where You Live" and it's time I bumped that one, too.

@Erikmen--finding that savings account is even better than me finding a twenty dollar bill in a pocket of a jacket I hadn't worn in ages--feels like $$ falling from the sky!

Last edited:
+1
I'm only about 2 hours from Antelope Valley ^ and Anza Borrego state park. v

th

I'd like to get my friend to go with me and bring his RAV / Drone with it's 4k camera to help show the vast size. Anza Borrego also has a bunch of 20' metal sculptures that are awesome in their own right.
Try to get some pics and when I stop being a lazy shite I'll do the same.

Ahhh! Anza Borrego! I love that place. Even though as a kid I went there and got a little too friendly with a jumping cholla (not fun, especially as a 7 year old), it's still one of my favorite parts of CA (well, CA has a lot of amazing nature stuff).

Indeed, beautiful landscapes even during winter. It feels so distant now.

Ahhh! Anza Borrego! I love that place. Even though as a kid I went there and got a little too friendly with a jumping cholla (not fun, especially as a 7 year old), it's still one of my favorite parts of CA (well, CA has a lot of amazing nature stuff).

Ouch.. The year round indigenous flora are not always as friendly as the one's that flourish in Spring. But then again they give a nice contrast.