• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

Truly blessed! I am grateful for God reaching out to me even when I stopped believing in myself. Nothing is impossible. You are already a masterpiece. Time to start thinking bigger and making moves. Funny how a sermon today was talking about how some people sit on the sidelines and celebrate others. The pastor said that's fine and well, but it's time for YOU to step out of your comfort zone and fulfill your destiny. Amen. God wouldn't have put a fire inside of you or dreams if you could not accomplish them.

All I've done is cheer for others on social media. What about my own life? My own gifts? That is what needs to be promoted.

A great friend of mine finally contacted me after so many years.
We exchanged photos and promises to see each other no matter how far we are now from each other - literally, an ocean away..

I'm thankful for staying alive. Something is keeping me alive. Way to go life.

I'm thankful that you are alive, too, Speed King. You do a lot of great work on this site and I bet IRL you also do a lot more than you give yourself credit for. Stay healthy and stay grateful for every day--it goes faster than you think!;)

Stay healthy and stay grateful for every day--it goes faster than you think!;)

Very true!!

Trying to live in the present, not holding to bad feelings. Enjoying work and accepting 'bad' things more peacefully.
Should have known I could have done that a couple of years ago. That would have saved me some quality time. Oh well.

^ Congrats Whosajiggawaaa!! :) Really good to hear. I wish you many more days, months and years to come!!
Patience and perseverance. ;)

a second chance at life and being 30 days clean come tomorrow.

WOW Whosa..

6Bowctwo62F33qLor2JqxK3G7ngM00hhxJGZz3BvhsLiQRO7kcbrB8Al_xvVRWieTQ=w300

Congratulations.. as this is certainly a major accomplishment.

fk yeah very nice work!!!

Last edited:
Im thankful for so many things right now. Ill try to keep it short but its a bit of a miracle!

Ive been in the grips of a heroin addiction the past 6 months and its got very ugly the last 2 months. Have sold or pawned everything i owned, and spend every dollar of my check within 2 days every week (while still supporting my fam)

Anyway, my dad has subutex and after all my quitting attempts ending up in precip WD, went a week to a methadone clinic, told myself i could just taper off h, tried to cold turkey it..... IVE FINALLY GOT SUBS TO WORK WITHOUT ANY DRAMA!

I found a guy named homer on the sub forum who outlined his plan of still using while inducting sub and i thought what the hell ive tried everything else, but it worked! i took 8mg yesterday and even slept 6+ hours last night.

I am also thankful for suboxone and subutex. Dont know if id be here without it

Last edited:
Today, I'm thankful for Bluelighters and my current music store gig. Also I'm thankful for my family,both at home and here at Bluelight.

Feeling overwhelmed with gratitude atm. Like you, Speed King, a large part of that is for all the amazing people that keep this site running as problem-free as possible year after year. And for all the guests and lurkers and members who come to Bluelight wanting help and end up giving so much of themselves to help others. If anyone wants to see humanity's best side, take a look at Bluelight.<3

That's beautiful herbavore. Nicely said. <3

There are these days when you think the world has been extra cruel to you, or you just realize your entire life depends on working too much sometimes for ungrateful work superiors. Then I find this cosy place where I can be who I am, where I can sometimes help and others be helped. My life has become a lot better since I joined BL. I managed to quit drugs for almost two years. Went through all the pain but with plenty of help.

Herbavore you have been the one that has been a role model of how I wanted to be. You are wise, kind and firm. Have gone through so much and it seems you just get better and better with words and people. I'm very happy to be here. <3 :D

Last edited:
Thankful for having my family all together again.
Different cultures, languages and habits joined in one full hart!! <3
Merry Christmas to All!! :)

I am thankful for the earth sleeping beneath her coat of snow and rime.
I am thankful for the look in my partner's eyes when she first walks in the door.
I am thankful for the seas and the skies and the rain. I am thankful for the opportunity to have a voice and, furthermore, to share it with others.
I am thankful that I am not alone in my struggles.
I am thankful that I am loved.

^ That's very beautiful!

I liked being thankful that I am loved.

Thank you, Erikmen. I do love being loved. It's a very special feeling. And I remain, today, so thankful.
I am thankful that the sun is a brilliant force.
I am thankful that I can find safety in myriad forms.
I am thankful for sweet, hot, milky tea.
I am thankful for another morning in the leafy interior.

Indeed the sun is so important in so many different seasons. Up north in Scandinavia, every little bit of it brings joy and a sense of freedom - so they say..

I'm also grateful for today, for being alive and well and getting over things I couldn't - not so long ago.

Right on, Erikmen! You're carrying the fire (taken from 'The Road').
I am thankful for more than two weeks clean and sober.
I am thankful for clarity.
I am thankful for the love and support I have been given.
I am thankful for the birds and the trees and the rivers.
I am thankful for the Earth.