• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

January Getting/Staying Clean v. Sober for the New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cap'n lots of love sent your way....my new year is starting out amazing....I can't wait to see how this year plays out. I have happy thoughts for this one.

Way to go CH, and we strongly/unitedly power through another month clean, happy (mostly) and sober!

woot woot for sobriety!!!!!! yeah I am totally doing an arsenio hall show thing with my arm right now.

Yesterday I had a sticky/dangerous situation. I ate so much food, a truckload of taccos and suddenly had this massive pain in my abdomen. Really bad pain, like 7 or 8 out of 10. After 30mins it was still there and my head totally went 'morphine' !!! Well, this shit went on for 2 friggin hours and I considered going to hospital but thought it wouldnt be worth the ordeal hence logically my pain couldnt be that bad. Somewhere 2.5 hours after all of this I fell asleep and woke up this morning without any noticable pain. Wow, was i not ready for that! The first time in this recovery getting through pain was hard. Anyway, no cravings this morning, no pain, so all good.

I am on day 3 of my CT attempt of coming off this horrible drug known as HEROIN.
I also made a thread that is getting alot of positive feedback and suggestions.
I can not thank you all enough.

Much love.

New year - New Life.

^ Congrats. Have also been sober for a while.
Good luck!
Erik

I am on day 3 of my CT attempt of coming off this horrible drug known as HEROIN.
I also made a thread that is getting alot of positive feedback and suggestions.
I can not thank you all enough.

Much love.

New year - New Life.

Stay strong man, you can do this! :)

3 days is a great victory!! %)

^ Congrats. Have also been sober for a while.
Good luck!
Erik

Cheers mate, I'm trying!

Stay strong man, you can do this! :)

3 days is a great victory!! %)

Thank you so much.
As your username states some of the obvious, I'm going to guess you know about these horrible heroin WDs?
How long do these withdrawals last for a 6 month binge?

This is nothing compared to methadone.

and I am not using any taper - just immodium and motrin!

Cheers~

day 3 has not been so bad - just some chills and restlessness!

Cheers mate, I'm trying!

Thank you so much.
As your username states some of the obvious, I'm going to guess you know about these horrible heroin WDs?
How long do these withdrawals last for a 6 month binge?

This is nothing compared to methadone.

and I am not using any taper - just immodium and motrin!

Cheers~

day 3 has not been so bad - just some chills and restlessness!

You know, I cannot say

the acute WD only lasted me about 1-2 weeks, but that's for a habit that only lasted a month or two, and I was snorting (not shooting)

The last time I came off, I went the multiple year Suboxone then taper off that route.

1 to 2 weeks for Heroin WD? yikes!

Now, the first 2 days were pretty rough but today has not been so bad.
Am I going to feel better than I did today by tomorrow or am I going to go thru some sort of ups and downs?
I'm just curious because I actually felt okay when I woke up this morning!

I'm not going to use today.....just going to deal with this taper....I'm not gonna use today.....I'm not gonna use today.....

These cravings will subside.....and I'm not gonna use....this taper will work....I have a long term goal now....and I'm not gonna use.....I'm swimming towards that goal as well....and I'm not gonna use.....

1 year 2 months today.

Sweetzoe...you can do it! I know you are strong enough. I am here for you.

Your service blows. ;) cell service, that is....just to clarify.... and, Chef, congrats on 1 year 2 months. That's awesome...(woot woot.... arsenio hall arm thingy)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.