• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

January Getting/Staying Clean v. Sober for the New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
These cravings will subside.....and I'm not gonna use....this taper will work....I have a long term goal now....and I'm not gonna use.....I'm swimming towards that goal as well....and I'm not gonna use.....

<3 I'm right there with you. I'm so stressed today but I can do this, one hour at a time.

Thanks Cap'n....one second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time....right?? I keep holding on to hope. It's all I have. <3

Thanks Cap'n....one second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time....right?? I keep holding on to hope. It's all I have. <3

Exactly.

I've been going through lots of anxiety and panic today but I don't let it control me.

Captain H: First of all, Happy New Year: may you be healthy, peaceful, and clean and sober, and... HAPPY! Thank you for your support during 2015... I learned so much, from you, as well as from BL in general. I could not have kept my dosage so small without all I learned here.
I am actually changing my sobriety goal for 2016: I am done tapering for now. My goal is to hold at 30-35mg maximum of oxy's. Since I have had days at 15 mg and 22.5 mg(total) off and on recently, I am going to just hold. I am much happier with this goal: the edge is off my pain, and I am not on a roller coaster of emotions. It is like a Suboxone maintenance program of sorts. I am prescribed a total of 90 mg a day: 20mg oxycontin, and 45 mg oxycodone, so I am at 1/3 of my prescribed dosage. Not bad I say.

Sweet Zoe: You can do whatever you put your mind to... we are here to help support and encourage you!!

W0w: You are doing a great job!! I have read your posts and you are a force to be reckoned with!!

Thank you so much p0kemama!
I am trying my best to get thru this!!!

You got this Captain.Heroin (LOL @ that name - I saw the same name when I use to play Counter Strike 1.6 - maybe the same person?)
Anyways, I look up to you right now. Hold in there strong my new friend. You got this.
Just remember - you never have to be sick again!

All of you give me so much hope I can get thru this entire thing.
I am so scared about my probation though.. I have not contacted my PO for over 2 weeks. :(
that makes me want to use right there cause I may go back to jail due to a probation violation..

its better you don't. You will not have to detox in jail. Keep up the good work.

Yeah you are right.
I am still staying strong.
I'm hoping this all pays off soon!
4 days has seemed like a month for some reason.
I am over the hump with the physical sickness for sure now.
I know the PAWS is whats hard to get thru sometimes.
Cheers mate!

You got this Captain.Heroin (LOL @ that name - I saw the same name when I use to play Counter Strike 1.6 - maybe the same person?)
Anyways, I look up to you right now. Hold in there strong my new friend. You got this.
Just remember - you never have to be sick again!
I was so addicted to 1.6

And I used that name too :D it was 99.9% likely me.

thirty-nine days, thirty-nine days, thirty-nine days not soon enough... :\

BTW

You. Are. A. Fox. =D <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

M+J=69

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so addicted to 1.6

And I used that name too :D it was 99.9% likely me.

haha, i have had to seen you on those SURF maps.

Good times, gooood times.

Sober times too!

cheers on CS 1.6

de_dust2 you any day ;) (awp no scope + knife )

I don't really get videogames.....I really liked my nintendo and supernintendo games....but they have just gotten too complex for me to enjoy....

4days is good....trust man, build your sober network up.

39 days is excellent! Keep going. Remember, boredom is going to be your worst enemy at this point. I highly suggest you get really into some sort of fun activity. I played lord of the rings online for six months till the paws was all gone.....then I just stopped playing and started gardening because I felt strong and safe enough to venture out my door.

Find something you love and do it!

Mario Kart 64 is the shiznit! I will woop ANY fool's ass ANY day of the week. Even you Jamie, even you.. :p :sus:

I don't really get videogames.....I really liked my nintendo and supernintendo games....but they have just gotten too complex for me to enjoy....

4days is good....trust man, build your sober network up.

39 days is excellent! Keep going. Remember, boredom is going to be your worst enemy at this point. I highly suggest you get really into some sort of fun activity. I played lord of the rings online for six months till the paws was all gone.....then I just stopped playing and started gardening because I felt strong and safe enough to venture out my door.

Find something you love and do it!

awhh man counter strike 1.6 is a 90's FPS - there is nothing simpler than that mate!

and i am trying my best - i am going to go to another online NA meeting - once I feel better I will be hitting up some out door meetings and get that white key tag ;)

I remember surfing :D

I don't have 1.6 anymore; new computer etc

Do you play global offensive at all?

I haven't really gotten into CS: GO . I played source for a bit. What's the over all difference with GO? I am very curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.