• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Gibberings Episode CCIV - A New Hope

Sat on the train heading to work and some old chap is blasting out some pipe band tunes. It is far far too early on a Sunday morning for this. And he has already given away his favourite saying, "do you wanna hear a story about that?" I think he may just have a story for everything D:

An old man with his pipe band tunes. What a way to start the morning.

Whyyy oh whyyyy do the council prohibit buying alcohol before 10am on a sunday here??

It's fine to buy alcohol at any time on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday... but not Sunday noooo! it has to be 10am! Do they not realise some people work late Saturday night and that the world operates 24/7???

Why is it ok for nightworkers on a Monday to get a can of beer after work but not those on a Saturday??

The world has gone mad!!

An old man with his pipe band tunes. What a way to start the morning.

Whyyy oh whyyyy do the council prohibit buying alcohol before 10am on a sunday here??

It's fine to buy alcohol at any time on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday... but not Sunday noooo! it has to be 10am! Do they not realise some people work late Saturday night and that the world operates 24/7???

Why is it ok for nightworkers on a Monday to get a can of beer after work but not those on a Saturday??

The world has gone mad!!

Fuckin hell Raas, I'd move somewhere else if I were you. I have no problems buying vodka from the local co-op at 6:30am on a Sunday. Tell ya wot mate, come and live with us - we'll cure your Christianity if not your alcoholism ;)

The world has gone mad!!

In Scotland you can only by alcohol between 10am-10pm in shops all week round.

So stop your whining already... just be grateful the same isn't true for you.

Fuckin hell Raas, I'd move somewhere else if I were you. I have no problems buying vodka from the local co-op at 6:30am on a Sunday. Tell ya wot mate, come and live with us - we'll cure your Christianity if not your alcoholism ;)

I guess 3-fpm is compulsory at your place too...? ;)

Yeah you generally cant buy alcohol take away in Aus earlier than 9am on any day of the week. When i lived in the country however our local store would open at 530am and they sold booze and would happily sort you out if you were a local. I remember buying a case of Wild Turkey and Cola premix at 6 am after going to a big festival and being able to buy booze that early was a god send.

Yea you can get sold pre 10am in Scotland in certain off-licences, usually run by Asians.

I'd just like to take this chance to say I felt a bit unfairly mentioned in the drama yesterday. Seriously all I was trying to do was promote sensible HR advice not to take silly high doses of RC stims.
I was not trying to antagonise anybody.

I'd also like to take this chance to apologise to anyone in EADD I've ever offended. I know I can be crass at times and a little forceful, it's in my nature. I also am going through a difficult spell personally with family unwell and my own recent diagnosis meaning I can't do a lot of things I'd like, sometimes I feel quite frustrated.

That said however like everyone else I too hate the aggro and us being at opposite ends with one and other.

Sadie I've PM'd you, just to explain my situation and hope that you can see it from my side and also hopefully except my offer of a call where we can discuss things and try to all hear each other out, and end the drama round here, and instead keep things to positive vibes.

I love this community and everyone of you odd balls. ;) hopefully we can all see past our differences or differences of opinion and all get along. I'm tired of the arguments it's not why I come here.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I've just woken up after a fair amount of Diaz and Dhc, coffee has seen me good :)

Of course, and if that doesn't persuade him to have a 'menagerie of twats' with me and the wife, there's always rohypnol..

not on the sabbath! good lord is nothing sacred??!

raasyvibe: regarding your council preventing people from buying alcohol before 10am on a sunday, why don't you email them and ask why? It seems pretty obvious to me.

Yea you can get sold pre 10am in Scotland in certain off-licences, usually run by Asians.

I'd just like to take this chance to say I felt a bit unfairly mentioned in the drama yesterday. Seriously all I was trying to do was promote sensible HR advice not to take silly high doses of RC stims.
I was not trying to antagonise anybody.

I'd also like to take this chance to apologise to anyone in EADD I've ever offended. I know I can be crass at times and a little forceful, it's in my nature. I also am going through a difficult spell personally with family unwell and my own recent diagnosis meaning I can't do a lot of things I'd like, sometimes I feel quite frustrated.

That said however like everyone else I too hate the aggro and us being at opposite ends with one and other.

Sadie I've PM'd you, just to explain my situation and hope that you can see it from my side and also hopefully except my offer of a call where we can discuss things and try to all hear each other out, and end the drama round here, and instead keep things to positive vibes.

I love this community and everyone of you odd balls. ;) hopefully we can all see past our differences or differences of opinion and all get along. I'm tired of the arguments it's not why I come here.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I've just woken up after a fair amount of Diaz and Dhc, coffee has seen me good :)
I agree. Lets have good vibes and no drama. I have put one member on ignore today so i dont read their crap and get frustrated and annoyed. I dont know how well that function works but i will give it a go. Time for a bit of harmony.

not on the sabbath! good lord is nothing sacred??!

No. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law...

Raas, in which godforsaken inbred and retarded part of the country do you live then?

Last edited: