Votes: 3 15.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
I rewatched it, in an empty theater, by myself. Had a much better impression this time. I think this film will get better the more time that passes, and in the future it will be looked back on as a good introduction to the trilogy.

Yeah I know where you're coming from. Its a starter flick. I think expectations have a lot to do with it. When you love a series you always have high expectations. I've wondered how I would feel if I watched it again.

It was a good movie. I too will have to watch it again ....,but it officially almost ruined the original films for me. I want to see that shit in 3D. The Disney World Star Wars stuff should be cool. Must see under influence.

Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens
Movie Blurb by Shale
December 18, 2015

I was hooked on the first Star Wars movie in theater in 1977. Just back from India which was like a trip to antiquity, I was abruptly thrown into a Galaxy Far, Far Away, that blew away all previous Sci-Fi movies. I followed the trilogy, which this week I watched anew the first three numbered IV, V & VI (did they know they were gonna make 3 prequels in '77?).

So, here is episode VII, which takes up the story about 30 years after we saw the end of the Emperor and the Empire, with villain Darth Vader finally tapping into his good father side and defending Luke Skywalker, his son and last Jedi Knight. That was a wrap and everyone was supposed to live happily ever after.

But, evil is never conclusively defeated. The remnants of the Galactic Empire pulled together and in those 30 years the First Order emerges with millions of Storm Troopers and a black-clad leader named Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) with powers of The Force suspiciously similar to Vader's.

Kylo Ren with Storm Troopers
star-wars-the-force-awakens-lego-commercial-teases_2sx2.640.jpg

I am not going to go into any of this story because it would be rife with spoilers. You will have to see it unfold for yourself. However, those into Star Wars already know that many of the cast from the original movies are in this one. Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) is now only addressed as General Organa. Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Chewbaca are back, still getting into trouble with their shady associates in their criminal dealings.

Chewbaca & Han Solo
Harrison-Ford-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

There are also new characters, the young fighters of the Resistance in which General Organa commands. Resistance X-Wing fighter pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) is central to the mission and is trying to get important info back to the Resistance when he is caught by the First Order. He puts the info into his droid, the cute orange ball shaped BB-8 who makes a run for it. Poe is helped to escape by a disheartened, deserting Storm Trooper FN-2187 (John Boyega) who later takes the name Finn.

Three New Characters
starwarstheforceawakens1-154921.png

Finn later meets up with a very resourceful girl, Rey (Daisy Ridley) who is scavenging on a desert planet and who has rescued BB-8.

Fin & Rey
star-wars-the-force-awakens-rey-finn-156680.jpg

Eventually, all these characters get together when Rey and Finn steal the Millennium Falcon from a junk yard, which brings them to Han and Chewy and they all meet up with the Resistance.

I really did like the movie - it seems to be doing well at the box office, 95% of the aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes give it a fresh and 93% of audiences also liked it. Their consensus: "Packed with action and populated by both familiar faces and fresh blood, The Force Awakens successfully recalls the series' former glory while injecting it with renewed energy." Yeah. That.

I still feel this movie insults people's intelligence, it was about as original as the new ghostbusters reboot.

I feel movies have stereotyped certain characters for a while, one stereotype that always bugged me was the annoying ignorant and weak female stereotype.

But I find this reversal of roles just as annoying, "Rey" is just very annoying in that she is basically Luke on steroids, and all the sjw infused cringe worthiness is enough to kill anyone's nostalgia with starwars.

When characters get put on god-mode it ruins the story the medium is crafted in.

She doesn't need a yoda, or an Obi Wan, all she needs is her masculine haircut:!

Last edited:
complete shit. there are only three starwars movies in my universe - the others are fakes produced by hacks.

why drag up all that old shit? *another* death star? there's a scene where the death star destroys a planet in another solar system and people on the ground look up and see the explosion [YEARS AFTER IT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF LIGHTSPEED YOU IDIOTS] - that's where i stopped it.

The Star War EpisodeVII rotten tomatoes rating did serve convince my deeply held convictions all along that the game is rigged.

93%/95% on rotten tomatoes. Please like I was'nt the only one to complain about the movie.

Originality and plagiarising A New Hope oh wait technically thats not plagiarising as its a part of the Star Wars universe.
Kylo Ren and Hana Solo father and son cmon on.
Bad Guys building another Death Star.

JJ Arahams take a bow. How you convinced people you made a quality yarn is simply beyond me.

I can't even stomach the film any more. One more time and I'll puke.

I knew JJ would ruin it... but jees. He fucked Star Trek up... why does he have to ruin all things sci-fi/fantasy!!!!???? WHY??????????????

imo JJ star wars >>>>> JJ star trek

i'm having fun with this film. don't take it so seriously, it's just a b-grade space opera like it always was.

Star Trek: Into Darkness was easily better than this... but I must admit that the first one and Beyond were just horrible, so Star Wars has that. I'm keeping my expectations low for Rogue One so I won't be disappointed if it blows.

Honestly, Star Wars isn't even sci-fi in the first place, it's fantasy. Maybe that's why I don't like it; these days I can't stomach fantasy movies, save for when my girlfriend makes me watch the extended Lord of the Rings. Still get a kick outa them.