• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam dosage for heroin withdrawal

allenhe77

Greenlighter
So I've been using heroin for about 2 months now, mostly smoking, max 0.1g(uncut heroin) per day. And for the past one week I was able to lower my dosage to 0.1g of cut heroin per day, because I'm planning to quit heroin. Today I was able to get my hands on some valium and clonazepam pills from a guy on Craiglist. I did some google research on using benzos for opiate withdrawals, but I couldn't find helpful info on the amount of clonazepam I should start with and how long into my heroin withdrawal should I take my first dosage. Right now I'm just physically dependent on this drug, so I don't need to worry about a relapse. Can someone help me please? =D=D

How can we tell you that? You did not even mention your tolorence for benzo's also if you searched this question has been covered a million time's. Start low 0.5 mg clonazepam and 5-10mg diazepam if you have no tolorence and then you can redose if it's not doing enough. It won't stop your wd and 2 months is not that much if it's your first run you might not even feel the w/d or a slight w/d also I don't know where you can get 0.1g of pure h that is impossible unless you synth it yourself so that is probably not the case here. 0.1g of cut heroin like you say and all heroin is cut with something is not that big of a dose also the benzo at night and loperamide during the day is all you will need. If you can find gabapentin or pregabalin to take for 5 days is a godsend but also addictive like benzo's and I prefer those to benzo's for w/d.

Yeah man if it's really 1/10th a gram a day, you might get some mild withdrawals but don't psyche yourself out. It probably won't be a big deal.

Take the minimum safe amount of your comfort meds and redose after a safe period if necessary. If you do get RLS/insomnia, gabapentin really helps and has a safer profile than the benzos.

Lulz on getting pills off CL.

Thanks for all the advice, follow what 'Dankycodode' said, I broke 1cloznazepam pill into quarters, and crushed one quarter into powder and snorted it(which is really stupid lel). It did help with my wd but I was feeling really shit. I went to sleep and woke up in the morning by that time I was really fucked up, couldn't even walk straight.few minutes later I found myself lying on the floor with my head being hit by a drawer,couldn't remember anything before that.my housemate probably freaked out when she saw me going to check for mail.then I went online to order some heroin because I thought I couldn't Handel the wd anymore . then I went back to sleep, which is probably the longest sleep I've ever had. Woke up 8 the next morning , and waited for the postie to deliver my heroin. So now I'm back to smoke heroin while writing this post.%)

Last edited:
I find 6mg/day to be the ceiling. Any more won't necessarily results in stronger effects though they will increase the occurrence of side effects - most notably amnesia and a paradoxical reaction when taken with the smallest amount of alcohol.

Clomazapem can help a ton with heroin withdrawal if you have enough. And for the people saying don't switch one addiction for another, heroin/opiate withdrawal doesn't last long enough to become addicted to a benzo even if you are taking high doses. This is def a must when going through withdrawal bc anxiety was the worst symptom I had in w/d

I find 6mg/day to be the ceiling. Any more won't necessarily results in stronger effects though they will increase the occurrence of side effects - most notably amnesia and a paradoxical reaction when taken with the smallest amount of alcohol.

Reasonable and straight-up advice in my opinion. I wouldn't exceed this dosage and in all honesty, you should require much less to manage symptoms such as RLS/Akathisa, anxiety and insomnia. I'm not calling you a noob or a pussy regarding your intake of Heroin. It's just that we don't want you to end up in a Benzodiazepine blackout, withdrawing in jail, as opposed to your nice, comfy pad.

Hey TexasGuy, I actually agree in a lot of ways with your sentiments, but I'd like to steer away from comments that deal in absolutes, like "you won't/can't become addicted". I hate to be "that junkie who always bring up Wiliiam Burroughs", but here I go! If you read his autobiography junkie, you get an honest glimpse into the nature of addiction in many ways. My point being, the author/protagonist easily picks up a near deadly Alcohol appetite mere weeks after quitting dope. By his account, he almost dies from Alcohol related health problems also, within a matter of weeks/months.

It's quite easy to trade one addiction for another. I've become dependent upon drugs, namely Alcohol, that I don't even enjoy in a true sense just because it helped me escape the monotonous hell of life without Opioids. I too went from zero intake of Alcohol per day for ~6 months to drinking over 750ml of liquor per day and usually part of a pint in the evening, in ~2 months.