• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Taking amphetamines when tired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobeornot

Greenlighter
Hello
I am new to the forum. so I wanted to start by asking a question.

I bought some speed aka amphetamines I have only taking it a couple of times a few years ago so I have just started taking it again done research on net on the do's and don'ts but cant find an answer to my question anywhere.

So here it is.

I am doing an all nighter without drugs and I am starting to get tired but no point in going to sleep as I have got to go somewhere in 2 hours.

I wanted to know if I am still tired before I go if I take some speed will it wake me up and give me energy though I have not had any sleep?

Sorry about grammer and all was wrote fast.

Speed doesn't give energy. It creates the impression of being full of energy. You're actually doing more than what your body would want. You won't just add some extra hours to your day, you'll have to recover the lost sleep etc.

But if your question was if you'd be able to stay awake with speed: Yes, assuming it's good quality speed, you'll have no trouble whatsoever keeping your eyes opened.

The trouble is, with any class of stimulant, you are essentially borrowing energy and the illusion is nothing but a facade.

You have to be mindful of the fact that what goes up, must come down. You could potentially be setting yourself up for a huge comedown, which would, in turn, add to your struggles.

Ultimately, the decision to use the Amphet lies with you. Ask yourself if this will create more issues. Weigh up the pros and cons of using.

In response to your question in hand, yes, Amphet, assuming that it is of reasonable quality, would provide you with energy and awaken you, regardless of whether you are previously sleepy or not.

Stay safe.

In my experience, I've found that when I've been up all night and cant sleep due to speed (I'm talking Adderall, which I know is different than street speed in terms of potency, but same active ingredient) and have to be at work in 2 or 3 hours, and decide to stay up; I stay awake and conscious, but I usually feel like complete shit. It's not like the amp high, its like just being awake yet really absent minded and zombie like. Like staring off into space for prolonged periods of time. Lol

But like others have said, yeah it will keep you awake. Not in the right mindset, and feel like shit, but awake.

That's just my experience though.

Generally you'll be awake but kinda on autopilot, if that makes sense. But you didn't specify what type of amphetamine you have which can make a difference. Just don't make a habit of it and you should be fine.

I agree with what has already been said but would like to add the following.

In my experience, taking Amphetamines while tired ain't that great. You'll be more awake, sure, but it comes with a great price once you start to comedown.

I actually greatly prefer Caffeine to Amphetamines on days where I haven't gotten enough sleep the night/nights before. It wakes you up but the price you have to pay for that seems to be much less so than what is the case with Amps.
The Caffeine induced stimulation also feels much more natural to me if I'm naturally tired from not getting enough sleep while the Amphetamines seems to give me some kind of brain fog.

If however, I have gotten a great night of sleep, I always prefer Amphetamine over Caffeine.

IME, and the USAF's by order ( every mission), take it before you get really tired, or it can send you to sleep! The first effect is a sense of relaxed 'well being', which if you need to concentrate, can take you unawares. Unfortunate WW2 bomber crews who took their Benzedrine too late, were often sharply woken up by 20mm cannon shells entering their B17,.. and many put to sleep for good!

@tobeornot Amphetamines, or speed, is a central nervous system stimulant that of which stimulates the release of catecholamines (epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and dopamine) thus resulting in an increase of energy, motivation, and mental clarity. However the spectrum of its effectiveness is dependent on several factors. By stimulating the release of catecholamines, amphetamines basically tricks your body into thinking it should be awake, even though your circadian rhythm(biological clock) may want to tell you otherwise. For a majority of individuals if they were to take amphetamines at night it would keep them awake and focused regardless if they were feeling tired prior to consumption. However, thats not to deny that their are individuals out there that this would not be the case. There is found to be a strong connection with people with ADHD and low/dysfunctional dopamine production. These select individuals when taking prescribed dosage can to a degree have a calming affect (reducing hyperactivity and impulsiveness). There are many theories why these individuals respond so differently from the rest of society. Part of it is because these individuals have low/dysfunctional dopamine so when consuming amphetamines they tend to raise these levels to the baseline, that most of of us(non ADHDers) experience every day. When non ADHDers with normal dopamine production consume amphetamines they raise these levels past their baselines causing the euphoric and energizing high, that ADHD individuals would not experience at the same dosage. Returning back to your question, another factor that could affect how awake you feel if you were to take the amphetamines at night when your physically and mentally tired is your hormone levels and adrenal health. Amphetamines roll on adrenalin and noradrenalin is dependent on a healthy adrenal gland. A lot of time people that take amphetamines experience adrenal fatigue, due to the habitual stimulation and lack of down time(rest) for the adrenals. When this is the case the stimulants will still increase the individual's dopamine levels(motivation) but the mental clarity and feeling of "awakeness" that results from the production of epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline) will be dysfucntional and non apparent. Once the adrenal glands enter a state of fatigue int very difficult to produce these neurotransmitters. With that said as long as you normally feel energize from any form of stimulants(coffee, cocaine, energy drinks) and your not currently experiences adrenal fatigue than the answer to your question is YES, the amphetamines will give you energy and keep you awake even though you haven't had any sleep. Just be sure to not contiually take excessive amounts of the drug without any rest, that in itself is a recipe for adrenal fatigue & anyone who has experience knows its not fun and the only cure is to stop taking any form of stimulants, allowing your body and adrenal gland to rest. It is my profesional opinion that for people that do suffer from adrenal fatigue I would recommend incorporating adaptogins, a group/class of herbs that lower stress(cortisol) on the body, into their daily regime, as a form of aid. I hope that this information answers your question and if you have any more questions revolving neuroscience, pharmacolgy, or herbal/alternative medicine be SURE to let me know!

Technically you will feel awake, but a very artificial sort of wakefulness, and it won't restore your cognitive abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.