Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What are you drinking?

drug_mentor

Bluelight Crew
I just cracked a stubby of Little Creatures pale ale. I can't normally afford to drink beer of this quality, but it was on special this week and I am semi on holidays so I thought I would treat myself.

What are my fellow AusDDers drinking?

Carlton draught at the pub, Corona at home, Tiger when i'm in south east asia

Wild Turkey 101 neat @ home, Wild Turkey 101 and dga @ byo's and Cooper's pale at the pub.

I just cracked a stubby of Little Creatures pale ale. I can't normally afford to drink beer of this quality, but it was on special this week and I am semi on holidays so I thought I would treat myself.
I used to go to the pub where they brew that, it's a pretty nice spot.
Is the Pale Ale the really sweet fruity tasting one?

Coopers extra strong vintage ale. I have had an extended relationship with coopers sparkling ale,( aka 'red devils') but tried the vintage garnering a successful, yet pricey, choice. My relationship with coopers is unwavering, so much so im having an affair with the relationship itself.

Gosh why did I open this thread. What a trigger lol. Enjoy your drinks guys, nuthin wrong with it if ya can control it. (unlike me) 8(

I used to go to the pub where they brew that, it's a pretty nice spot.
Is the Pale Ale the really sweet fruity tasting one?

The pale ale is reasonably fruity but I have not tried the rest of their selection so it is hard for me to be certain there is not a fruitier one.

If I ever find myself in Perth again I will have to check out the brewery. It is one of my favourite Australian beers.

It's right on the fisherman's wharf in Fremantle, just near the statue of Bon Scott :)
Back in the day, Little Creatures only brewed two beers that i know of - Rogers (a midstrength) and Pale Ale.
I always found pale ale to have an aftertaste taste almost like peach schnapps or something, which was nice, but after drinking a pint of it, i would always move on to something a bit more bitter, i guess.

While i don't crave alcohol any more, i sometimes miss the social aspect of a few beers with friends in summer.
But my years of opiate use seem to have permanently destroyed my ability to get pleasurable effects from alcohol. I don't miss the drug, but sometimes the ritual, particularly as it relates to seasons.
Used to love a dark ale in winter, for example.

Oh well, have one for me, folks.
Cheers!

I guess I find it a fair bit less sweet than you do. Whilst I see where you are coming from, I could never compare it to something artificially sweetened like schnapps. I feel you on the dark beer though, they are a highlight of winter for me.

Mostly -

144738.jpg
(I buy a 6 pack and then continue to just refill them with tap water for 3-6 months until I buy I new 6 pack).

and -

405925.jpg

and -

Schweppes_Mineral_Water_Orange__Mango_600ml.jpg-nggid0254-ngg0dyn-100x250x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.jpg

Last edited:
Drinking a Lazy Yak Australian Pale Ale at the moment and its not bad. Not as fruity as Little Creatures or Stone and Wood Pacific Ale. I like it.

^ I didn't mind that stuff when I tried it a couple of months ago, but for me it does not hold up to Fat Yak.

I am on the lager tonight, Kronenbourg 1664 to be precise.

Breakfast shots :)

Also I would have said maybe the bright ale was the sweet fruity one in the little creatures range?

I'm mostly a gin drinker, although the festive season usually sees me drinking more cider and wine.

Cocktails, usually a midori splice with less midori and more coconut rum. They're great.

I'm 25 but have only recently enjoyed having a drink because heroin/methadone(which I was on for years) with even one alcoholic beverage makes me feel terrible.

Coopers Sparkling Ale this afternoon. My favourite beer with a feed of prawns.

^ That stuff is much better than their pale ale, which doesn't taste like an ale to me at all.

I am having a Becks at the moment.