• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP Thread - Part 2 - 'Foxphenny Methoxphenny'?

Any people here with massive dissociative tolerance, and does MXP has any reasonable effect for you? Or do you have to dose so high that side-effects or long duration become a problem?

Solipsis, do you not find that your tolerance returns to baseline after an extended break? For me, it's more of an issue of tolerance rapidly rebuilding, though it may take me longer than others for my tolerance to fall again.

Dissos are really only worth it a handful of times a year for me at this point.

Although, a lot of my tolerance issues came from trying to chase my first true IM ketamine exeperience, so I also tend to think that getting a true "full on" disso experience is only possible with extended breaks in between, even without an established tolerance.

Comparing -phenidines to trypts or phens is not accurate at all IMHO. They all are cold, amnesic, dysphoric... They don't share a single point with any psychedelic beside both are drugs.

I agree they aren't really similar in any way but I wouldn't call them dysphoric. I have always loved dissociatives in general though, even the ones most people hate (like dxm). I don't love them for a "wooo this feels great" feeling (that would be MDMA, heroin, cocaine, etc). There is just something crazy, weird, otherworldly and magical about them that tickles my brain in the right way. Of course everyone is different though, and I can see how many people wouldn't enjoy them.

I remember wanting to try LSD since the very first moment I heard about it (almost 20 years ago) and the funny thing is most dissociatives are closer to what I imagined an LSD trip would be like (and closer to how they are portrayed in movies, pop culture, etc) than LSD itself actually is. I love LSD and other tryptamines too but for a totally different experience. Above all else I just like to "mix it up" and try as many different things as possible but dissociatives do have a special place in my heart.

Solipsis, do you not find that your tolerance returns to baseline after an extended break? For me, it's more of an issue of tolerance rapidly rebuilding, though it may take me longer than others for my tolerance to fall again.

Although, a lot of my tolerance issues came from trying to chase my first true IM ketamine exeperience, so I also tend to think that getting a true "full on" disso experience is only possible with extended breaks in between, even without an established tolerance.

Yep my tolerance returns almost to baseline if I abstain from using them for awhile, although I doubt it will ever quite be the same as your first experience since now you sort of know what to expect. MXP in particular has a very long lasting tolerance, so it's really one of the worst ones to do on a regular basis. I've done it a full week apart and the effects of the 2nd dose were still diminished (and I even took a slightly higher dose to try to compensate). It seems like about 2 weeks apart is the most often I can use MXP without any diminishing effects.

The only dissociatives I've ever "binged" on were ketamine and dxm and it seemed like the longer the binge the longer it takes to get back to baseline as well. After my serious binging days it took a couple of years "break" where I only used them every few months before the magic was back. Upping the dose only gets you so far. Eventually I got to the point where taking 2-3x the dose that used to hole me was just "meh" so at that point I just took a break. Plus taking high doses often probably can't be good for your health either.

Also for me weed has always had a very powerful synergistic quality when combined with any dissociative. I always made it a point to smoke right before/after ketamine dosing and on the comeup for longer lasting stuff like dxm or mxp.

Soooo........ I've got my stash full of 3-MeO-PCP, 2-OxO-PCE and 2-OxO-PCM for years to come, and I don't know what to stock now, and I remember I had great times with the 5g of MXP I ordered back in time.

Is this one really worthwhile compared to the other dissos I mentioned? I can't really remember if this one has got his own magic, and I don't want to spend money on 5g's of something that will maybe disappoint me when I try it again.

Soooo........ I've got my stash full of 3-MeO-PCP, 2-OxO-PCE and 2-OxO-PCM for years to come, and I don't know what to stock now, and I remember I had great times with the 5g of MXP I ordered back in time.

Is this one really worthwhile compared to the other dissos I mentioned? I can't really remember if this one has got his own magic, and I don't want to spend money on 5g's of something that will maybe disappoint me when I try it again.

This one isn't particularly worthwhile unless you go up to (for me) over 100mg, then it has an interesting "hole" to it.

This one isn't particularly worthwhile unless you go up to (for me) over 100mg, then it has an interesting "hole" to it.

Yep my normal dose for this stuff is actually 150mg+. Below 100mg makes me feel a bit floaty, numb, and disconnected but nothing too amazing. It can still be okay especially combined with some weed but it really takes higher doses for a more magical/weird experience. Of course you should always start at low doses when trying a new substance though since they can affect people differently.

That's just my experience though. Your mileage may vary. :)

Last edited:
FWIW I have also tested my blood pressure and pulse on this drug the last couple times I did it and my pulse is about 70-80 (slightly higher than usual) and blood pressure 125-130/80-85 (also slightly higher than usual). Of course everyone could react differently but it at least seems to be relatively okay on the heart/circulatory system for me. I don't have a blood oxygen monitor to measure breathing though, and of course it could still do nasty things to your brain or other organs without necessarily showing up on BP/pulse monitors.

I tried using citric acid with this last night since I found a couple websites that said it can increase the effects and make the effects come on sooner, and WOW those rumors are definitely true...especially in regards to the comeup. This stuff normally takes about 90mins before I really start feeling anything and doesn't peak until over 2 hours after dosing.

Last night I ate half an orange, then swallowed the powder with some water, then ate the other half of the orange. In 45mins I was already feeling the effects and after only about an hour I was pretty much at the peak. The effects were still largely the same but it felt a bit more powerful (almost as if I had already smoked weed with it when I hadn't) and it had a "cleaner" feeling to the trip. It didn't seem to affect the duration of the experience either, just made the comeup twice as fast. I will never take this stuff without a citric acid fruit ever again.

I have a somewhat relevant story to your citric acid comment. I'm on this diet right now where you consume foods that are so-called alkalinizing foods. Every day you pee on a pH strip and monitor your urine (and/or saliva pH) with a test strip. The goal is to get your urine pH above 7.0. After months of fairly radical changes in diet I managed to cut out enough acidifying foods and get my urine consistently above pH 7. This isn't a pitch for the diet (I feel really good since trying it though) but is an experiment I'm conducting. This diet starts out with a tall glass of lemon water every day.

Point of my story is, after a single 100mg dose of MXP and no major diet changes, my urine pH stayed below 7 for a couple days. I attribute it to the MXP.

[QUOTEMSK;13706865]Comparing -phenidines to trypts or phens is not accurate at all IMHO. They all are cold, amnesic, dysphoric... They don't share a single point with any psychedelic beside both are drugs.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I've experienced euphoria with these drugs, and dysphoria; same as with ketamine. Furthermore, we aren't completely certain which receptors they act on; for all we know they are having a similar action on the brain.

MXP is very grubby and grimy. I'm not saying tryptamines are; but I fucking love it.

Yeah a bit, but only for a short while before it comes back full swing.

I have considered arranging that I can IM my K because it's quickly losing its magic again... sure it still makes me feel 'gone' but besides that it is not really interesting enough anymore. I've ran out and should really minimize my drug use...

It appeals to me as it ever did, even if I mostly chase something with it that I cannot really get again. I don't really want to look for more potent dissociatives nearly as much.

Do you guys like to split doses with this stuff or dose all at once? I always stagger doses with dxm and definitely ketamine (I just take bumps until I get where I want to be) to avoid the weird body load I get when the effects come on all at once. If you stagger doses, how long do you like to wait between doses?

Do you guys like to split doses with this stuff or dose all at once? I always stagger doses with dxm and definitely ketamine (I just take bumps until I get where I want to be) to avoid the weird body load I get when the effects come on all at once. If you stagger doses, how long do you like to wait between doses?

I wouldn't advise staggering the doses with this substance, redosing MXP has a tendency to result in blackouts and strange behaviour. I made this mistake a few days ago and redosed after taking 130mg orally earlier on in the night. I ended up feeling mildly disphoric, blacking out and was later found with an intense expression on my face pissing down the stairs which my friend found pretty hilarious.8)

This stuff has become one of my favorites over the past few months, it's definitely not something to mess around with though. 120 mgs dissolved in Gatorade makes me feel like I'm flying with my eyes closed, the sensations of movement you can create on this stuff gets profound, especially if you close out your visual reference points. I imagined I was a comet in one experience and had the sensations throughout my body that I would get on a high speed roller coaster...I have had hilarious times trying to get around my pitch dark room, I would lose track of where "up" was.... snorting it or blowing it up your nose (which I find more effective) can be quite unpredictable but I find myself trying it more often recently because of the intensity.... mixed with hdmp-28 or Molly it really adds to the party , Tryptamines get a little hectic though (lsd,4-aco-dmt,Moxy) but are fun for those in for the ride... that's my brief summary on map or hatter as we have started to call it among my colleagues

Note to whoever is interested: this stuff is, according to Wikipedia, being banned in Canada at the end of November.
Alas...just began experimenting with this and find it preferable to MXE. Time for a large preban order ;)

Has anyone tried DXM, ketamine, and maybe even 2f-ketamine (or dck which is supposedly very similar) and MXP? I've been sitting on a gram for months, it'd be my first venture into a "harder" dissociative, though I'm very experienced with the ones I have tried. I want more euphoria though, even slight manic feelings. Can anyone compare?

Has anyone tried DXM, ketamine, and maybe even 2f-ketamine (or dck which is supposedly very similar) and MXP? I've been sitting on a gram for months, it'd be my first venture into a "harder" dissociative, though I'm very experienced with the ones I have tried. I want more euphoria though, even slight manic feelings. Can anyone compare?
MXP is not at all similar to ket, 2f-ket or 2-oxo-pcm. For me it was another dirty -phenidine without any magic. Like a more stimulating diphenidine, but still dysphoric and lackluster.

^ Well said. mixed with 3-meo-pcp, this can make a person hole more easily. I tried it twice and sorta liked the experience at first but it got weird on me the second time. I'd avoid this combo.

This compound has the nickname "cold and clinical" for a reason, it really seems to make the hole meaningless and alien. I also had a gram which I finished recently. Not gonna buy again. It's a pretty good anesthetic I'd guess for acute pain cause I feel really numb on this one. My vibe-o-meter says avoid. It takes me to an empty, meaningless place. I use these substances for uplifting purposes and this one fails.

Thanks MSK and levels, are you just talking about holing doses or is it dysphoric and cold at lower doses too, or is it a nice body high? I've read a few reports that it had a warm, vibrating body high at lowish doses. Would you say that it's worth trying, since I already have some?

If someone could give me some insight troubleshooting an issue I've been experiencing with this compound I would be very much appreciative:

I've dosed three times in the last week, and, while I haven't noticed any overt acute tolerance, the duration has never been longer than a few hours?
All doses (70mg, 105mg, and 55mg, administered orally) were consumed on an empty stomach; almost totally empty in the case of the latter two, and having eaten two hours prior in the case of the former. First alerts around T+0:45, fully developed effects by T+1:30.
I was in a wonderful space for ~30-60 minutes each time (the degree of wonder being dose-dependent, with intense dissociation at 105mg), but effects tapered off quickly and I felt only slightly above baseline by T+3:00... for reference, I am almost invariably drug sensitive and find it very easy to discriminate and quantify drug states even with small doses of subtle compounds. Given the large warning re: duration on the first page of the megathread, I was anticipating something a little more long winded?

Theories:
Incorrect pH; going to consume an acidic beverage prior to ingestion, see if that lengthens clearance time.

Any other thoughts??

Additionally, anyone have experience administering this stuff intrarectally?