[USA] Has medical cannabis reduced your prescription opioid use?

I cannot afford medical mj because it's much more expensive in my state then my oxycodone. Having said that I use illicit mj(I trade my oxys for it) in addition to my prescribed pain killers and muscle relaxers and it greatly reduced the amount of painkillers I'm taking. Medical mj needs to be federally legalized so insurance can help with the costs!
It's a Godsend without all of the physical disadvantages that opiate/opioid painkillers bring!!!!

why?

Set up an account to support your website. Sadly I did not read the title well enough.
[USA] Has medical cannabis reduced your prescription opioid use?

Reduced... Well yes. Reduced to zero. But sadly the survey is not interested in those of us that have been able to get off the chems.
I was unable to complete the survey because it does not provide optional answers for opioid free people.
example question in your survey:
[h=2]How often do you use medicinal marijuana in combination with prescription opioid products?

[/h]
  • Daily
  • A few times a week
  • A few times a month
  • Less than a few times a month
  • I only used them once or twice

end quote

love how the website identifies the herb as Cannabis. Saddened how the survey still uses derogatory slang word Marijuana.
sounds like a shitty place to work too lol https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Inflexxion-Reviews-E158137.htm

MMJ has to be actual MMJ or can it be MJ used medically but not from a dispensary/doctor recommendation?

I've not smoked cannabis in the past month (first time not smoking in the past 2 years) and it's the first time i've noticed cravings for opioids. I'm on suboxone and am a former heroin/opiate user. Pot has greatly reduced my desire for opioids nearly as much as suboxone, though Suboxone was how I managed to get off of dope. The PAWS from heroin dependence is what MMJ has done the most for me. My daily maintenance sub dose is small (0.5-1.5mg/day), and pot has been the lifesaver after the acute dope sickness dissipated.

Last edited:
Cannabis actually activates GABA and opioid receptors (mainly mu) in the brain, and you can't die from it!

WEED IS ALL U NEED!!!

<snip>try living in a country where the overall quality of pot is terrible for most people (Australia), unless you buy on darknets finding anything close to medical grade is impossible and often cheap shitty auto strains covered in pesticides is what you'll find from 3 out of 4 dealers here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheetah98
I agree although don't and haven't looked at the survey. I'm tired of the FDA deciding what puts more money in their pocket and with that concept deciding what "drugs" should be given. If they can regulate, and when, who, what. They have as of last year started just taking people off their medication for pain, no matter the particular situation. Now they've decided anti depressant /anxieties SRI are the answer to everything. I have fibromyalgia. I suffer from anxiety, PTSD,PMDD, and instead of just giving me nerotin, it's always a push from my doctor to take zoloft, cymbalta, all make me someone else. I'm sick out the pay outs they get for pushing these meds instead of doing just what works. Standing and judging. Yes marijuana helps in very small doses for me. I'd be better baking with it than straight smoking, but helps all the same. I pay attention and listen to my body. I use kratum on a reg basis. In my opinion these herbs are older than any marketed drug and I believe natural is best. There's nothing more natural than the plants that have been used for centuries to remedy.

Should not be illegal

Yes, even though I'm not a reg user, every time I feel I've seriously had enough of life and all it demands the pot makes it ok for me to step back and take a breath. I've coped with detox using it. I'm a worrier and I'm OCD so many times I push myself way too much. The marijuana will help me just chill for awhile. Even though I was a heavy marijuana smoker in my 20s, now not so much. I still have times where I just wanna stop thinking 24 hours ahead and relax.

If it weren't for pot, I'd probably still be addicted to opiates. It was a great friend to have during w/d. Having said that, would I have become addicted to opiates had I never smoked pot? Probably not. And the reason for that is it being illegal where I live. If you're around the stuff a lot, chances are you are going to be around other, not so pure stuff as well. The thrill seeker inside of us is always going to get caught up on stuff like this, but only if it's around. I think it is true what they say about weed, it is a gateway drug.. From no fault of its own though. We made it that way

I've always been for natural over modern meds. Had I known about kratum and it's effects I may have never started on opiates anyway. However, I do use cannabis every so often. If it didn't take so much to bake with I would use much more often. I started methadone 5 years ago. I was on the lowest dose. My first visit, because of breaking cold turkey on my own 4 years prior off 15 tabs a day 4-6 xnx, everyday, coke, xtcy,rotating every other day and a slightly damaged heart when I went to the middle of no where for 10 months as a result. I often smoked allot then. Now one puff and I'm good for days it seems. Anyways getting back to the methadone, I only got 5mg. They made me wait half an hour gave me 5 more. After 6 months I was at 65mg. At the outrageous amount of money they charge after about, like I said, 6 months I had detoxed down to 20 and stopped going......off,then, of course not. Last year I started detoxing myself. With all the information I could find, and I found quite a bit, I knocked myself down to ten and I would skip and repeat. It's been 15 days now, absolutely nothing. I using a very light bp med as needed, gabepentin,kratum, I'm a&d (4 a day at start, now I'm at 3) hand fulls of pro-biotics, major digestive enzymes along with vitamins, allot of vitamins, premiere protein shakes, they're the only one with 30mg protein, anything I can get my hands on to help my body. I must say without the kratum and in tedious times cannabis I prob would've had a much harder time. I've maintained my job and I have fibromygia. These things are what man had been using down through history to medicate. Before petroleum based meds and pharmecudicles were ever thought of. This is what I keep going back to in my mind. The TEA has decided what, who, when, and money runs the world. Ridiculous. I won't let anyone have that much control over my being.

Cannabis Buds is only REASON I even Like Opioids/Opiates WITHOUT the HIGH FROM OPIOIDS alone is just warm itchiness and fuck i smoked bong tokes of good indicas and felt like i was high on hydromorphone in the legs body rushes WHILE PAIN IN THE LEGS FROM HYDROMORPHONE WITHDRAWALS WAS FUCKED but I have Weed to THANK YOU FOR BEING ABLE TO STICK TO METHADONE MAINTENANCE AND NOT USING PILLS ANYMORE AND I STILL GET HIGH ONCE A MONTH LIKE BEFORE EXCEPT METHADONE MAY BE FREE ON DISABILITY BUT NOW ONCE A MONTH TO GET HIGH I GOT A HUGE TOLERANCE SO I NEED A MASSIVE DOSE BUT IT IS WORTH IT TO SAVE AND SPEND ALL THE MONEY I WOULD OF ON PILLS ON CANNABIS BUDS WHICH EVEN WHEN MY PILL ADDICTION WAS AT IT'S LARGEST I STILL ALWAYS BOUGHT FAR MORE MONEY ON CANNABIS BUDS THAN I DID PILLS AND WHEN I RAN OUTTA PILLS I WOULD WITHDRAW WITH WEED BUT RAN OUT OF WEED AND I WOULD STEALING AND DEALING FOR TO MAKE THE MONEY BUT LUCKILY MY MOM FRONTED ME LOTS OF MONEY FOR Weeed As FAR MUCH MORE THEN I WOULD EVER EVEN BEGIN TO COME CLOSE TO SPENDING ON PILLS and Shit.

I Even Live in Canada where Tylenol 1s 8MG Codeine and 15MG Caffeine Pills and 325 Acetaminophen is Over the Counter and 1-2 Coffee Filters can filter out Tylenol IN COLD WATER meaning 30 mins in frigdge or 2 mins 30 seconds stirred and 2 minutes and 30 seconds more for cold water to make less Acetaminophen absorb into it and filtered with 2 coffee filters first soaked in bit of water u loose 5% on average of the codeine at most 10% only if done a very sloppy job and or a lot of Water but apperently 200ML of Water can only Contain about 200MG Caffeine but easily Contain Grams of Codeine but only 400-600MG can convert to Morphine in average person codeine itself has effects they known this now hence TIME-RELEASED CODEINE Pills Now. THey are great 200MG Time-Released CRUSHED into powder and Capsuled up no Caffeine and its one pill for no tolerance and even with TOLERANCE UNLESS SPECIFICIALLY TO CODEINE YOU CANT HANDLE MORE THEN 200MG WITHOUT MASSIVE ITCHING EVEN WITH BENADRYL OR AN ANTI-HISTAMINE U CAN GET AWAY WITH 300-400MG WITH A TOLERANCE AND SOME ANTI-HISTAMINES BUT PREPARE TO FEEL THE WRATH OF A MILLION MOSQUITO BITE AT ONCE ITCHING-ITCHY=feeeling of MASSIVE MAD ITCHES!!! AHHHHH!! EH!?!?

Just saying my great grandad pisesbin a bag and is in agony everyday but he is to strong willed to need drugs he does meditate and pray at night tho so their may be something in that

:\ I've not been able to try CBD:THC oils/tinctures. I want to "try" because I have horrid pain (GI) that is only made worse with pain meds.

I'm afraid I'm going to lose my colon if I can't get relief without constipation.

I was always told and had read that there is no substitute for opiates,, So Weed or Oils or whatever morphed versions of Marijuana they have come up with and had Birthed hey look Weed can help me stop taking these friggin Oxy's then pass the Blunt I will smoke myself silly.. The few times I've experienced withdrawal cause I never try to let it get to that point although it has... And watching the clock tick tick tick every min to every second is Hell that I will not let myself endure if possible and the fucking restless leg syndorome..is utterly horrific. I have Gabupenton for it and it does work..after intake like 9 300mgs.. Then I'm dizzy,, also I was going to go to Brooklyn Hospital for there detox program which is 7 days cause that's what insurance pays for, then they want to put me in a Methdadone program I told her..um no I would rather be put on Suboxene
I've tried it before and it works..but I have to cut the film into 3 because..I don't know why but they fuck me up.. And I read that the withdrawal from Suboxene is far worse than anything. So what do ya do
In situations like this.. Man I curse the day I ever took my first pill.. Cause I liked it and was unstoppable...so 20 years of living my life living in a False sense of Reality, I don't know what normal even is. Or will I be able to do what I normally do,, I have my own Art and design company and I work from home,, so this will be interesting to see how this all works out...But as for the question at hand I don't think weed will help Opiate dependency...

Results of the Inflexxion study now published

For a summary of the results of the Inflexxion Prescription Opioid and Concomitant Medication Use Survey 2015, see attachment:

Attachments

• Prescription Opioid and Concomitant Use Survey 2015 Bluelight Summary FINAL.docx
    46.3 KB · Views: 71