• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Did I just take too much Kratom? Please help.

BenarGila

Bluelighter
I'm new to kratom but very experienced with opiates/opioids. I'm using it for pain and anxiety relief so I don't need pills as often, but don't mind a slight buzz also.

I just mixed 2 tablespoons of ultra premium Bali kratom into chocolate milk and then drank it, because I thought 2 tablespoons was 6g. I then looked up a kratom conversion chart and it said Bali kratom is 1 tablespoon = 6 grams. So I just took 12 grams? I've taken kratom before but never more than 10g.

What should I expect?
I'm starting to feel a pressure/tingly feeling in my forehead.

Dont worry too much because for all you know, you could end up enjoying that dose, but it is relatively high if it was around 12g. You wont overdose or anything, you may just feel some nausea and possibly anxiety. I would advise getting a gram scale if you are going to continue kratom use, because taking tablespoons of this stuff is such an approximation, its not good.

Dont worry too much because for all you know, you could end up enjoying that dose, but it is relatively high if it was around 12g. You wont overdose or anything, you may just feel some nausea and possibly anxiety. I would advise getting a gram scale if you are going to continue kratom use, because taking tablespoons of this stuff is such an approximation, its not good.

Thank you. I'm actually looking into getting a gram scale next time I have the money to do so, but until then I have to kind of eyeball it.
So far I just feel really relaxed and tired. No nausea or anything, just super tired. Kind of nodding out a bit..

Hope you enjoy it! But if you are going to eyeball it, always eyeball lower, not higher just in case

Plain leaf kratom is fine to 'eyeball'. I find 2 TEAspoons is a good starting (and maintaining dose).

You are probably going to feel like shit with that big dose. Eat some ginger candy or take some anti-naseau medicine ASAP, if its not too late

relax man. you can never die from that shit. unless you took like 100 grams or something.

Two tablespoons is 30 grams of kratom. That is what I take in an entire day, and I've been using kratom for years.

You aren't going to die, but you are going to vomit. LOL
Kratom definitely has it's own dose ceiling, beyond which you don't any increased effects, you just get sick.
I'd go induced vomiting now to get it over with.

One TEAspoon of kratom is 5 grams. Two teaspoons is a strong but somewhat normal dose for me. Two tablespoons, at once, would even make me puke.

^ indeed.
I say If you're too worried about this all I tell is a) watch out not to use the same amount again, and 2) I believe you are going to be fine.

If you're too sick or don't feel you are becoming better search for medical assistance.

It does not feel right when we use more than we want to. It's a good that you experience this in same ways as you can see that even with K/ratom you ah fell
Good luck!
Erik

Last edited:
Teaspoons are only 2-3 grams when I actually weight what an even leveled teaspoon...yeah if I took 2 tablespoons when I first started I'd just get very sick..even taking that much now would make me nauseous for hours

Teaspoons are only 2-3 grams when I actually weight what an even leveled teaspoon...

I've always dosed kratom by 'volume' and not by weight. I use measuring spoons, and when I say I took at 7.5 gram dose, it means I measured out three level 2.5 gram measuring spoons of kratom powder.

I assumed this is what everyone did, are most of you other kratom user actually dosing by weight?

Yes, I am dosing per weight so I can decrease my dose and taper exactly.

Probably just nausea, not even necessarily too bad. I find laying still can help with it.

I don't weight-measure out every dose, but I use the same size spoon and have weighed how much the spoon can hold, and then judge my dose size off of that.

I didn't get nauseous, but I got VERY tired for the rest of the night. I'm going to stick to only a couple teaspoons now.. I noticed that if I measure out 10 ML in a little medicine cup and toss and wash, then about an hour later if I'm not feeling it I take another 10 ML, and go up like that I usually end up feeling pretty good.

Does anyone know what effects I might get from white vein indo kratom? I like the more relaxing, opiate type strains. I got sent a sample of this white vein Indonesian one. If it's supposed to be a stimulating strain I might give it away to a friend who enjoys that.

Yeah, white vein is typically supposed to be more stimulating. I've never enjoyed them much, though I did try a few that were pretty good. You may want to try it a few times and see if you like it before you give it away.

Red strains are more sedative and opiate-like in general. Red bali is supposed to be the best, but I've actually found I like red borneo more. You may want to order a sample pack of a bunch of different types and decide which is your favorite.

(Jsyk, green vein is supposed to be a middle ground between red and white.)

Yeah, white vein is typically supposed to be more stimulating. I've never enjoyed them much, though I did try a few that were pretty good. You may want to try it a few times and see if you like it before you give it away.

Red strains are more sedative and opiate-like in general. Red bali is supposed to be the best, but I've actually found I like red borneo more. You may want to order a sample pack of a bunch of different types and decide which is your favorite.

(Jsyk, green vein is supposed to be a middle ground between red and white.)

I only got a 5g sample of the white vein, so I might give that away. I don't want to risk the anxiety.. I have very high anxiety anyway.

I think what I have in green vein Bali, 1oz, and 1oz of green Malay. I'm looking for mostly anti anxiety and pain relief, plus some euphoria etc from it.

I tried the green Malay a while ago and really enjoyed it, it had a pretty good mood lift so that's why I'm trying it again but from a better vendor.

I wouldn't say the more stimulating strains make you anxious. They still provide the nice calming effect of more sedative strains, but can help with motivation and energy. I think some people take them as a less taxing version of caffeine (at least, I've seen it marketed as such before).

my first time taking kratom i took 2 tablespoons and had a great time. nowadays my dose is around two tsp and if i take a tablespoon or more i find the side effects increase but not the euphoria.

As far as strains go, I feel Green malay to be very sedating and euphoric...I've also felt similar to this on Bali and da maeng which is supposed to be highly stimulating..I almost wonder if vendors don't get strains mixed up by accident as the end result is generally the same, mood lift, energy boost..things. Seem much less boring in general on all strains..I think some people make too big a deal out of strains

Well, you get all the same effects from them each (they all contain the same compounds), but it's more like there's a different emphasis on different effects in varying strains (different levels of compounds).

Agreed with Oakstone. Honestly, the real big differences I notice between strains are:
-Overall potency
-Onset of effects
-Duration of effects
-Level of 'sedation' - noting that kratom is not a strong 'sedative' period (it's never going to knock you out, like a benzo or stronger opiod)

'Sedating' when it comes to kratom means 'a little sleepy'. On it's own, kratom can't make me nod out.

Having had pretty much every strain available over the years, I've found that for me, personally, it's hard to beat good quality maeng da. It has the fastest onset and a long duration of effects. I also think that green malay lasts the longest, but possibly has the slowest onset of action. I really liked 'green vein riau' from a few years back, but I haven't seen it in a good while - nearly as strong as maeng da and really long lasting.

The white veins DO have the lowest levels of sedation, but I don't know that I'd call them 'stimulating' personally - then again, I've been using tramadol for a few years, so my assessment of a 'stimulating' opiod is probably skewed. I will say that personally, I can take a dose of white vein in the evening and sleep just fine, but I usually end up taking a red or green vein in the evening when I'm trying to relax.

I keep at least 5-6 strains on hand and rotate through them. I think I have over 10 right now. I took Vietnamese white vein this morning- it's an excellent and often overlooked strain too. Really fast onset of action and noticeable mood boost.