MAPS Ibogaine to cure addiction

PsychicDawn

Greenlighter
So i had been struggling with addiction for 12 years. Started with injury like most people and slowly graduated to heroin, about 2g a day. I was in detox and rehab, suboxone and methadone clinics I even did cold turkey but my problem is feeling depressed, unmotivated, fatigued and anxious for so long I cannot take it as I am running a business. The drugs make me feel fatigued and depressed as well but not to the extent sobriety does. I really wanted to give up until one day, few months ago I was looking up remedies for withdrawal and came across ibogaine. I researched clinics in costa rica, cancun and canada and watched countless videos with testimonials of people who took ibogaine. It almost seems too good to be true..ibogaine fixes your neurons and returns the brain to pre-addictive state meaning no withdrawal, no fatigue, no depression and no cravings! I booked my treatment for 1/4/16 which is only a month away. I was wondering if anyone here ever went through this treatment and if so, how did they feel afterwards?

This is something that was brought to my attention by a friend. I haven't done it, but even the ibogaine clinics caution that this is not a "cure" for addiction. Long term sobriety still requires work. While it does a hard reset of your brain chemistry, if you pick up again, you will once again find yourself right back at square one. When I brought this up on another thread, another poster suggested that regular "maintenance" ayahuasca treatments might be productive. There's a "church" in my area (DMT is Schedule I in the USA, but ayahuasca is legal when used in a spiritual context) that has regular ayahuasca ceremonies and I might give this a try if I ever begin to have uncontrollable cravings for alcohol again.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Please come back and let us know how your treatment went afterwards.

Goodluck and please report back! I, too, have heard wonderful things about ibogaine. I think there's just that one hiccup that if you do relapse after treatment, there's a huge risk of ODing since your tolerance will be the same level as it used to be.

I will def report once I get back 1/14/16. I am counting the days:)) my only problem is that I live with my ex we just broke up because he keeps saying he wants to get clean but yet instead of saving money for treatment bought himself 1200dol tv and 400dol gaming system.. I got clean cold turkey in August this year but 2 weeks later he started saying "I left some stuff for u on the counter, just a lil bit you will be ok" and I kept saying no and he kept pushing and shoving it in my face and I was an idiot and gave in. I am so worried this will happen again im trying to look for place but I don't have enough money as i spent 5500 on this treatment. Hope my will and the thought of that money will be enough.

I am so worried this will happen again im trying to look for place but I don't have enough money as i spent 5500 on this treatment. Hope my will and the thought of that money will be enough.

Just my two cents worth, you've got to get away from your addicted ex. You will likely use again if you don't, and all that money will have gone to waste. My will and thought of all the money I've spent on rehabs never did it for me. I still continued to drink. You may or may not find a solution in 12 step. I did. But if you haven't, don't knock it until you've tried it. I also see a psychotherapist and psychiatrist (to treat the underlying conditions that drove my drinking) regularly. Also, if the cravings do return you might want to try maintenance ayahusaca treatments.

I'm not trying to give you parental advice. I would just hate for you to go through this treatment having spent all that money and end right back up at square one.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Years ago I had problems with addiction I kept going back to. The process of quiting took several attempts. This year marks over four years since I have had any relapses. I am glad you are feeling better.

Do you have any hobbies? When I quit I had hours of spare time. Rebuilding my schedule and staying active was imperative. I recommend playing the guitar. You could become good. If you are interested check out this link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049J4O0K/ref=twister_B00O3IWNPK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Congrats for you. I didn't have the same experience. Nor did several others I was I with. We kept in touch until we had all relapsed. There were three off us in a decent Mexican facility. I had good repoire with one of the owners over the phone. I'm a very active psychedelic guy so I was into this as I had done ayahuasca months before. I talked my cost down in trade for some work. Cost was 2000 I tripped balls on one of the biggest flood doses ever given. Lost a day in there while I was hallucinating with no wds at all. I was worried about my safety Bc there are so many unreputable providers down south of the border. Believe me you can identify the people that care versus the people that don't. Mine they expected me to stay and answer phones Drive around patients whatever but I was unable to do so after my flood. I lost a whole bunch of time and finding my veins took the dr himself. For my super vitamins. I only lasted two weeks clean and was sick for one of those weeks. I mean I tripped hard through dream after dream for three days. I was ill and the smell of everything was so medically corrupt. I don't know what it is that makes the smell so bad the reset button I guess but I really caught a bug after my dose which worked for about two weeks. Wish I had of been able to stay there but couldnt. I had no plans for treatment when I got back and used two weeks later